Comments
21 - 40 of 42 Comments Last updated Oct 2, 2012
God

Conway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Aug 26, 2010
 

Judged:

1

I do not exist!
One problem

Conway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Aug 27, 2010
 
The one major problem with religions is that they are based on a fairly tale.
Dumber than a rock

Conway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Aug 28, 2010
 
"1. It's not science. You cannot observe, test and repeat the ever-changing ideas that are little more than wild speculation."

By your definition Quantum physic would not be a science or for that matter Astronomy.

Number one is null and void. Six more minor misconceptions to go.
Rock

Conway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Aug 28, 2010
 
"2. It devalues real science. Chemistry, physics and biology don't have the same problems of legitimacy because they are real sciences, not philosophical wannabes trying to appear legit."

This is really the same statement as #1, just reworded.

Number two is null and void. Five more minor misconceptions to go.
BMcF

Carlow, Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Oct 26, 2010
 
yea wrote:
Question: I haven't had a chance to read what you've written yet, but I'd just like to say that the THEORY of evolution goes against the 2nd LAW of thermodynamics (out of order, chaos will be created) A theory is weaker than a law. God is a God of order.
Response: The second law of thermodynamics has to do with heat transfer explicitly. It is perhaps safer to refer to a more generalized tendency toward entropy which is far more inclusive of other phenomena. The tendency from order to disorder, from complexity to simplicity, from life to death, is something we all see and can both define and measure.
I have seen two responses from evolutionists regarding this tendency toward entropy in the universe (aside from "You're kidding!"). The first is in regard to chemical changes which go from simple to complex, and the second to biological changes that go from simple to complex.
An example of the first is a snowflake -- or any crystallization. Crystallization, however, happens to specific elements at specific times under specific conditions. It is a phenomena that is intrinsic to the atomic structure of the element or compound being considered. It is not a random ordering of a material from a non-ordered state, but rather the result of a specific design involved in the material and can be counted on to happen every time under the prescribed conditions. What is interesting, however, about this particular thing, is that there is a heat transfer involved in crystallization and the second law of thermodynamics is not violated therein. Heat is diffused.
Biological increase in complexity is exemplified by a seed becoming a bush or flower or tree, or a fertilized egg becoming a person. However, the design is already present in these beginnings of life. The DNA is there from the beginning, along with whatever might be "sparking" it, and the rest is simply a matter of following instructions. It is, again, not a random ordering from a non-ordered condition. It is a design being executed. As in the case of crystallization, the execution of the biological design requires specific environmental requirements or it cannot proceed. Perhaps it should also be mentioned that evolution as inferred from the fossil record is not even a theory. Theories are testable and, ideally, falsifiable. Evolution is neither. It is, therefore, simply an idea. For some it is a belief, perhaps, but it cannot be rightly called either fact or theory when it refers to the "bacteria to bears" progression.

That was just copied and pasted from another website, dont pretend its your own

From this website:
http://carm.org/second-law-thermodynamics-and...

BTW, i have no opinon on this topic, this was just an observation i noticed.
Are you serious

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
May 1, 2011
 
Ok seriously your arguement is "well uhhh stuff cant be spontaneously created out of nothing".... Where did god come from?.. How was he created?
cactus Jack

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
May 1, 2011
 
If you teach a child they came from slime they will act the part if you teach them they came from GOD they act the part.
The truth

Corning, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
May 1, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

cactus Jack wrote:
If you teach a child they came from slime they will act the part if you teach them they came from GOD they act the part.
You mean a jealous, murdering,rapist with an ego problem?
Christian Dazza

Hamilton, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Sep 7, 2011
 
Are you serious wrote:
Ok seriously your arguement is "well uhhh stuff cant be spontaneously created out of nothing".... Where did god come from?.. How was he created?
Are you saying God exists?
Ham Bone

Brighton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Sep 7, 2011
 
There's a number of serious problems with this guy too!

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/little-rock-a...
joseph

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Sep 7, 2011
 
If evolution is false and all creatures, along with man, were created within two days as the Bible explains, then why are no rabbit fossils, nor any fossil of any modern animal for that matter, in the Precambrian rock layer? If every species of animal was created relatively at the same time wouldn't we find their fossils and prints evenly distributed throughout the rock layers?
Mr Bumpy

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Sep 18, 2011
 
Evolution is Fact wrote:
Evolution is fact, people. It is firmly supported by science, something that right-wing wing nuts know nothing about. The seven points above would be the kind of logic Sarah Palin would confound us with if she could read and write.
Those who accept evolution miss some major points. 1) where are the follisl remains of all the intermediate transitional species like any animal evolving into another animal (the scaled bird is lame). Also,2) how did male and female of each species "evolve" at the same time in just the right way in order to maintain the species. Hmmm sound like intelligent design to me. Evolutionists convince themselves of the "facts" in a futile attempt to avoid accountability to a Living God.
Rick

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Apr 27, 2012
 
Over the centuries one deeply held belief after another, paradigm after paradigm has been dismissed when the light of reality and science shinned upon it. Creationsists can take their place in line behind the long disproven flat earthers, earth as center of the universe believers, spontaneous generation of life, and on and on and on. You true believers have presented the same arguement time after time for centuries and you attack evolution with the same logic as your predicessors did when drowning witches. I get it, that you want to believe the earth and all of its life was created by a puff of smoke and that you want deperately to confirm you beliefs. That you chose to pursue your faith in the realm of science, however, is what makes you all truely absurd. If anyone can show me a single piece of real evidence that supports a belief in creationsim, I will fall at your knees in reverence. Can you not bring forth just one burning bush, sacred stone or even a single angel to help you with your arguement? Just do one of these things and the world will be at your door.
Rick

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Apr 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mr. Bumpy, please take the time to learn about evolution before you publically state your "major points." In fact there are many many transistional fossil forms---look it up. Also, evolution is about population change, not indivual change. A male of a new species does not just pop up needing a female to "pop up" at the same time. It takes millions of years of males and females changing together to produce a new species. Creationists cant see beyond their faith.
your an idiot

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Aug 18, 2012
 
monkey banana raffle wrote:
<quoted text>
over generalize much!
so by saying god created all, ur also saying that everyone you mentioned above was a mistake...by god, so if god created a gay guy, and ur telling us that said gay guy is worthless, r u somehow saying that u, urself, is above god? One day god may ask you about this, so id have a very good answer ready
Duke Nukem

Smyrna, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Sep 22, 2012
 
Evolution is Fact wrote:
Evolution is fact, people. It is firmly supported by science, something that right-wing wing nuts know nothing about. The seven points above would be the kind of logic Sarah Palin would confound us with if she could read and write.
This falls back to the Religion statement. This person makes an absurd and dogmatic statement designed to belittle anyone who questions evolution. Even though staunch evolutionists write article after article on the problems of evolution. Pseudo-scientific DOGMA is ALL that evolution is. All scientific FACT can be PROVEN and Reproducable and IS reproducable but evolution is NOT. People who "dismiss" others based on this sort of dogma have no interest in discussing facts or science...they only wish to mock anything that goes against their dogma. They are NO better than ANY other religious believer. It takes PURE faith. Not to mention Piltdown men and charts showing embryos at "similar" levels of development were FAKED along with other "icons" of their RELIGION... Why does someone feel the NEED to FAKE something??? When you lie and you make reaching dogmatic statements you have to have REAL science to back them up. They DON'T!!!
Duke Nukem

Smyrna, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Sep 22, 2012
 
Also, since when did "right wing nuts" are the only people who don't believe in evolution. I would say that is a left wing Nut's assertion but I know FAR too many left wingers who are honest left wingers that do NOT believe in the religion of evolution.
Duke Nukem

Smyrna, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
Sep 22, 2012
 
Rick wrote:
Mr. Bumpy, please take the time to learn about evolution before you publically state your "major points." In fact there are many many transistional fossil forms---look it up. Also, evolution is about population change, not indivual change. A male of a new species does not just pop up needing a female to "pop up" at the same time. It takes millions of years of males and females changing together to produce a new species. Creationists cant see beyond their faith.
Funny. Genetically, similar LOOKING fossils are NOT similar at all nor are their development stages nor are the origins from how they even develop from what part of the egg... I don't think you know what you're talking about.
Duke Nukem

Smyrna, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#44
Sep 22, 2012
 
Are you serious wrote:
Ok seriously your arguement is "well uhhh stuff cant be spontaneously created out of nothing".... Where did god come from?.. How was he created?
But then YOUR argument falls too. You point out what you consider to be absurd... when its the basis for your own beliefs .. you mental midget!!!! what an IDIOT!!! LOLOLOLOL
Duke Nukem

Smyrna, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
Sep 22, 2012
 
Rick wrote:
Over the centuries one deeply held belief after another, paradigm after paradigm has been dismissed when the light of reality and science shinned upon it. Creationsists can take their place in line behind the long disproven flat earthers, earth as center of the universe believers, spontaneous generation of life, and on and on and on. You true believers have presented the same arguement time after time for centuries and you attack evolution with the same logic as your predicessors did when drowning witches. I get it, that you want to believe the earth and all of its life was created by a puff of smoke and that you want deperately to confirm you beliefs. That you chose to pursue your faith in the realm of science, however, is what makes you all truely absurd. If anyone can show me a single piece of real evidence that supports a belief in creationsim, I will fall at your knees in reverence. Can you not bring forth just one burning bush, sacred stone or even a single angel to help you with your arguement? Just do one of these things and the world will be at your door.
Funny stuff...but once again all it amounts to is calling the other guy names. no science here..no argument here. just a stupid evolutionist calling creationists stupid. you are no more valid in your argument than I am in mine here. I win. I just say it like it is. You're an idiot. <--- that is the brunt of your argument. pretty lame moron. The point of course is that you feel so high and mighty and arrogant and "scientific" when you have NOTHING....absolutely NOTHING to say that is valid other than calling the other guy names... and for that you truly ARE and IDIOT

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Little Rock Discussions

Search the Little Rock Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
AR Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 6 hr unfinished business 29,114
Identity (Jun '08) 6 hr Angie L 18
Exit polls: Boozman defeats 2-term incumbent Li... (Nov '10) 7 hr Cat74 831
Review: Roll Out (Aug '11) 8 hr Guy down the street 21
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 10 hr Tra La la 9,801
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 hr Lumpy Churchhill 18,610
AR Who do you support for Governor in Arkansas in ... (Oct '10) 15 hr Bowser45 938
•••
•••
•••
Little Rock Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Little Rock Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Little Rock People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Little Rock News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Little Rock
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••