Sherwin Williams Open on Sundays!!!!!

Sherwin Williams Open on Sundays!!!!!

Posted in the Little Rock Forum

Sher-man_2007

United States

#1 Oct 12, 2007
I just wanted to comment on the Sherwin-Williams store opening on Sundays and say it is by far one of the most awful moves made by a corporate company! It seems like our store is doing nothing but wasting our employee's time by keeping them at the store on this day!! We do absolutely no profit what so ever!!! Sherwin-Williams says they pride themselves on being a compassionate company by saying they put family values first???? How can this be so when on Sunday we have people who attend church with their family or have family outtings that they have to hold off until the weekends!! It just makes me angry because they are takin people away from their families and keeping them at a store from 10-4 for nothing at all!!!! If you have anything to add to this topic please do so!!!!
not

Suffield, CT

#2 Jun 1, 2008
whatever
Cover the Earth

United States

#3 Jul 3, 2008
Agreed...I've been with the company for over 10 years and have consistently seen more and more responsibilities placed upon the store while the DM's, reps, support staff take off. We're now open on the 4th of July for no other reason than "it falls on a Friday" this year and we don't want to lose the advertising $$. They don't give a shit about their people unless it involves them directly...just like every other publicly traded company. My store has been open for over year and a half now and still don't have any real sales growth to show for it. Just burned out employees.
The JON

Charlotte, NC

#4 Oct 4, 2009
No kidding. Today is our first day of the national 10-4 sunday schedule. It makes no sense. The customers that we will gain ground with, a few retail, by doing this will ever so obviously not make the money to cover the cost of an employee for the day, the light bill, and normal cost of doing business. STUPID IDEA
painter

Midlothian, TX

#5 Apr 3, 2010
employees get paid so I don't know whay you gays make a big show many people do weekend proyects so.
Same Sam

Mountain Home, AR

#6 Apr 4, 2010
painter wrote:
employees get paid so I don't know whay you gays make a big show many people do weekend proyects so.
Who cares what you think

“Accurately Observant”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#7 Apr 5, 2010
I cannot believe someone is out there actually bitching about having to work more hours.
PAB

Winston Salem, NC

#8 Oct 29, 2010
Its not about getting more hours, we get the same amount each week. All that being open on Sundays is doing, is taking away someone to actually be at the store when we are busy, like during the actual work week. Having to work on a Sunday kills your weekend, there is no gain at all. And as far as weekend projects go, those people are going to Lowe's anyway, they are going to be doing a whole lot more than just painting during those projects.
person

Culpeper, VA

#9 Nov 10, 2010
Working more hours is one thing when you get paid to do so. However most of the store managers are on salery and really are not getting any extra pay to work on Sunday's
raleigh painter

United States

#10 May 15, 2011
I like the idea so I don't have to go to home depot. To get paint so please put. You ugly. Asses to work.
pegstir

Midland, MI

#11 Aug 1, 2011
painter wrote:
Unless you are an exempt employee like all of the SW managers and you can't go over your budgeted hours....so guess who gets to work for free!
ThomasA

Gadsden, AL

#12 Aug 6, 2011
My gosh!!!! Don't bitch and moan about a job. Quit and let someone who wants all the hours to get by in this flat economy have it. Sunday hours are supposed to be to lure in customers in who would have to go to Lowes,Home Depot,and Walmart. Those people don't like working Sunday either but it puts food on the table and the wolf away from the door. Neither do waitresses,policemen,doctors,u tility workers,and employees of McDonalds,CVS,Walgreens,Hotels etc.
GET OVER YOURSELF

Alexander, AR

#13 Oct 15, 2011
STFU!!!!
Smokey Mountain

United States

#15 Oct 16, 2011
awesome!
Pat the painter

Fall River, MA

#16 Jul 2, 2015
Sher-man_2007 wrote:
I just wanted to comment on the Sherwin-Williams store opening on Sundays and say it is by far one of the most awful moves made by a corporate company! It seems like our store is doing nothing but wasting our employee's time by keeping them at the store on this day!! We do absolutely no profit what so ever!!! Sherwin-Williams says they pride themselves on being a compassionate company by saying they put family values first???? How can this be so when on Sunday we have people who attend church with their family or have family outtings that they have to hold off until the weekends!! It just makes me angry because they are takin people away from their families and keeping them at a store from 10-4 for nothing at all!!!! If you have anything to add to this topic please do so!!!!
Well I want to say it is a convenience that they open on weekends Sunday's and holidays because soometinesthese are the days family's are home and able to participate in the house painting and some of us actually need to work on the weekends to pay our bills I am grateful from one workaholic to another.they maybe at that store but they are getting paid too and if they don't like the way they do things there are many more jobs look for one that works for you I myself am in sherwin Williams almost everyday 7 days a week so I love that and I know you can trade off a shirt if you need to but I have seen ppl want as many shifts they can get we .Well most of us live above our means and need more money and don't mind working extra or harder for it thanks a 24/7 painter
MLC

Houston, TX

#17 Jul 25, 2015
Sorry that u guys feel that a way!! But really why don't u find a mon -fri job.. My husband is a painter & he loves the fact that Sherwin Williams is opened 7days a week;) although he actually would prefer the Sunday hours to be the same hours as the Monday - Friday hours, he works 7 days a weeks & by Sherwin Williams being opened everyday this makes it so much more convenient to b able to get the paint that he needs on a daily basis;) it's unfortunate that it's 6:50pm on Saturday, he ran out of paint & Sherwin Williams is closed for the day.;(( but we understand, its employees have to go home at one point to be able to spend time with there families.;) but there is absolutely nothing wrong with Sherwin Williams looking out for the interest of there company & there customers by opening on Sunday's!! 😍 I hope u get used to working on Sunday's it really isn't that bad, I mean after all I am sure ur not working for free;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Your vote for the Ark. Democratic Primary? (Apr '10) 6 hr Mimi 1,773
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 9 hr democrat 20,852
News Even a courthouse is no sanctuary for immigrant Wed spytheweb 4
Children under 9 left home alone Feb 20 anonymous 3
church of satan Feb 20 anonymous 5
When you're not loved by a man Feb 15 Guest 7
Exes and Ohs Feb 14 Guest 3

Little Rock Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Little Rock Mortgages