Water supplier sues, seeks C8 cleanup | The Columbus Dispatch

Full story: Columbus Dispatch
A water system in Washington County has sued DuPont and asked a federal judge in Columbus to force the company to clean up aquifers contaminated with a chemical used to make Teflon. Full Story
Concerned local citizen

Wilmington, DE

#1 Dec 12, 2009
Little Hocking water system has allready run the same lawsuit through West Virginia. The EPA and West Virginia had DuPont install filtration systems on 4 or 5 water supply companies on both sides of the river. The EPA was happy with the filtration plants that were installed. Little Hocking water and Bob Griffin are looking for a cash cow. Bob Griffin also was not hired by DuPont years ago and has held a grudge ever since against DuPont. FYI - C8 is not used to make Teflon, it is used to clean out the kettles after a batch of Teflon is made. The aquifer is anywhere from 50' to hunderds of feet below the surface. How in the world can you ever clean it out? Dig a 1000' deep hole and send someone down there with a rag? Come on Little Hocking water, you got the best filtration system installed for free, what else do you want - to close the plant. Even if you get the plant closed the C8 will be there for years and years to come. If the plant were to close and the 2000 employees let go the ecenomic impact to the area would be devistating from the mom and pop businesss all the way up to the mall's. That's just what we need, another plant moving to China. In most cases the plant was here long before any of the residents were. They moved close to a chemical factory, not the other way around.
Clifton Featherstone

Biddeford, ME

#2 Dec 13, 2009
Hey guys, don't worry, be happy...DuPont says your worries are "without merit", no problem. You can always trust DuPont brass when it comes to your health and their harmless toxins, right? All those real doctors around the world who have done studies have it wrong. So don't worry, be happy.
ex- LHW customer

Wheeling, WV

#3 Dec 22, 2009
As a ex-customer of the LHWA I need to say that there are health problems. My family used the water, 15 yr's for my husband & I, our older son for 13 yr's and our younger 6 yr's. Both of our son's have learning disabilities. Our younger son has more problems with learning & speech. All four of us went and done their little studie and gave blood and that was back in Feb 2006. Last week I received a call from the study group about bringing in our younger son for some testing of what they called questions & games, she also asked if "DOES HE HAVE ANY LEARNING DISABILITIES?".. Our appointment is next month. Then I see that LHW is sueing Dupont. Should I get a Lawyer?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Hocking Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police seek man involved in stabbing, fistfight Sat whoknew 2
need to find a stolen motocycles check here Dec 13 crooked as bow l... 3
Clair Sullivan Dec 13 Dancing in the rain 1
dont do business with stonegate farms Nov '14 onlooker 1
Italiano Mafia. (Apr '13) Nov '14 E and G of NJS 4
carthage twp. fire dept? Nov '14 mini me 1
Divorce Attorney Oct '14 Virtuos 1
Little Hocking Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web