Senate bill would eliminate tenure

Senate bill would eliminate tenure

There are 2 comments on the Marietta Times story from Mar 19, 2011, titled Senate bill would eliminate tenure. In it, Marietta Times reports that:

Among the many controversial provisions of Ohio's Senate Bill 5 is the elimination of tenure for teachers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marietta Times.

Ohio Wrangler

Kent, OH

#1 Mar 19, 2011
Teachers have had it good for too long at taxpayer expense. Why should they have a job guarantee that most of us are not privey to? Cut their benefits, cut their pay scale, and a master's degree no longer means better pay for grade school teachers.
collective bargaining

Norwich, OH

#2 Mar 20, 2011
Ohio Wrangler wrote:
Teachers have had it good for too long at taxpayer expense. Why should they have a job guarantee that most of us are not privey to? Cut their benefits, cut their pay scale, and a master's degree no longer means better pay for grade school teachers.
I think tenure just means they can't be fired without a hearing. Republicans like Kasich want to tear down people making just enough to get by, while doing nothing to bring people up except the false promise that someday the wealth they are funneling to the top might just "trickle down."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Hocking Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tackle shop.. Sep 23 Greyghostrollinsmoke 2
legal child stealing by ex step mother Debora W... (Oct '07) Sep 10 jolyn 28
shane williams? (May '15) Aug 30 Jasmeene 5
Looking for a good contractor Aug '16 Help please 1
Fishing for a motel Aug '16 Wheres the fisherman 4
Chris and Playboy Beth Jul '16 Hugh 1
News Washington County voters will see 911 levy Jul '16 Rudy 1

Little Hocking Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance