Fillet of Soul reunites to play local...

Fillet of Soul reunites to play local concerts

There are 19 comments on the North Jersey Media Group story from Sep 2, 2010, titled Fillet of Soul reunites to play local concerts. In it, North Jersey Media Group reports that:

It's been more than 30 years since fans of Hackensack's Fillet of Soul have seen their local R&B cover band in action.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Jersey Media Group.

Sue HHS 1971

Staten Island, NY

#1 Sep 24, 2010
If anyone asked what I remember most about my days at HHS 1969-1971 it would be the weekend dances with the Fillet of Soul. I am so excited to be able to see them again !!!!
Long gone

New Market, AL

#2 Sep 24, 2010
Sue, there are still many bands from the 60's and 70's who are still around and not sounding bad at all. If you ever have the opportunity to see Tommy James & the Shondells... do it.

There's magic to that music. Besides the good memories it usually stirs. Also makes you realize you're getting old.
Sue HHS 1971

Paterson, NJ

#3 Oct 2, 2010
Was fortunate to see Tommy James in the 60's/70's at the grand opening of one of the Paramus malls(Paramus Park or Fashion Center). The Filet of Soul played today and still sound great! It brought back many memories from high school and did make me feel old.
Charlie the Tuna

Albany, NY

#4 Oct 2, 2010
Sounds fishy to me.
psy

Paramus, NJ

#5 Oct 3, 2010
Sue HHS 1971 wrote:
Was fortunate to see Tommy James in the 60's/70's at the grand opening of one of the Paramus malls(Paramus Park or Fashion Center). The Filet of Soul played today and still sound great! It brought back many memories from high school and did make me feel old.
there was a rock a thon for muscular dystrophy with him and the chambers brothers at the fashion center was that it ? but it wasnt a grand opening it had been open for a while
Sue HHS 1971

Paterson, NJ

#6 Oct 3, 2010
You are probably correct. It was a very long time ago.
RALPH NADER

Paramus, NJ

#7 Oct 4, 2010
Sue HHS 1971 wrote:
You are probably correct. It was a very long time ago.
yea they had a book store in there and 2 turntables you could listen to records with headphones then they had norm n. nights books rock on volume one and 2 then they had a leroy neiman art gallery you know the artist his paintings are smeared with a palet knife and looks like a mess but if you look close its arnold palmer playing golf then another book store with a guy that played radio tapes one had brian wilson on k rock playing 2 versions of the same song doing time on planet earth and being with the one you love from his rejected album adult child that was stolen from his house and someone put it out on a bootleg .then the store was gone and more was happening at barnes and noble book sighnings with marylu hener and dr. atkins and roma downey and the fireman that wrote the book report from ground zero
RALPH NADER

Paramus, NJ

#8 Oct 4, 2010
Sue HHS 1971 wrote:
If anyone asked what I remember most about my days at HHS 1969-1971 it would be the weekend dances with the Fillet of Soul. I am so excited to be able to see them again !!!!
There was the filet of soul and some competition from their friends the asian flu who used more of a hippie aproach and became the opening act for ten years after as the scance brothers these groups somehow merged when the singer james t. taylor did a concert tour.
Maryann Overmere

Highland, NY

#9 Dec 24, 2010
psy wrote:
<quoted text>
there was a rock a thon for muscular dystrophy with him and the chambers brothers at the fashion center was that it ? but it wasnt a grand opening it had been open for a while
The 5th Dimension & Neil Sedaka were also there at this Rock A Thon and it was at The Fashion Center. I can't remember what radio station it was...I think it was WWDJ but I'm not sure.
RALPH NADER

Fair Lawn, NJ

#10 Dec 26, 2010
Maryann Overmere wrote:
<quoted text>
The 5th Dimension & Neil Sedaka were also there at this Rock A Thon and it was at The Fashion Center. I can't remember what radio station it was...I think it was WWDJ but I'm not sure.
I cant remmeber neil sedaka and 5D at that are you sure or am i getting alzeihmers neil sedaka was at the granit hotel in 69 before he went to england a group from paramus the east west affair was in the other room then we listened to johnny winter in the juke box and went to woodstock this waitress in the ellenville diner said are you boys all going to that hippie town festival the other time we were in that diner we met procal harum who lived in new york state then we went to their concert at the tamarack lodge they let us in early for a sound check and jam session with savoy brown .[johnny rivers produced the 5th dimension marty paich arranged them after doing a lot of jazz records ]
Sue HHS 1971

Orange, CT

#11 Jan 6, 2011
Just found out that they are playing at the HHS 40th Reunion. Can't wait!!!!
Bobby O

Fort Lee, NJ

#12 Jul 17, 2011
Loved Filet of Soul plays Tenafly Middle School now a condo, but also remember seing dean Friedman sing Ariel"...wow blasts from the past sorry I missed the show BTW the water falls at paramus park are long gone
CatfishJohn915

Bayville, NJ

#13 May 24, 2012
I believe this rock-a-thon was in the parking lot of the Midland Bank, lasted two days, and had many acts. Don McClean sang American Pie, Tommy Roe sang Dizzy, and the Fifth Dimension sailed Up, Up, and Away in their beautiful balloon. Therewere the Chambers Brothers, the Isley Brothers to name a few. I remember them collecting money in cans and kissing a stranger. I was pretty young at the time but it was a great experience. I believe the event was sponsored by WWDJ and the Midland Bank, by the Fashion Center and benefitted Muscular Dystrophy
OTTERSPACE

Lyndhurst, NJ

#15 Jun 11, 2012
CatfishJohn915 wrote:
I believe this rock-a-thon was in the parking lot of the Midland Bank, lasted two days, and had many acts. Don McClean sang American Pie, Tommy Roe sang Dizzy, and the Fifth Dimension sailed Up, Up, and Away in their beautiful balloon. Therewere the Chambers Brothers, the Isley Brothers to name a few. I remember them collecting money in cans and kissing a stranger. I was pretty young at the time but it was a great experience. I believe the event was sponsored by WWDJ and the Midland Bank, by the Fashion Center and benefitted Muscular Dystrophy
thats it it was in back of the midland bank but it also spilled over into the parking lot of the fashion center and you could watch it from the elevated parking lot I must have missed the first day because i only remmber some of the acts the Isley brothers lived in teaneck then they invited their whole neighborhood to a party at their house [T-Neck Records}
Chris van Ry

Brightwaters, NY

#16 Mar 7, 2013
When are they playing again ????
ralph nader

Paramus, NJ

#17 Mar 8, 2013
Maryann Overmere wrote:
<quoted text>
I missed that part neil was at the granit hotel in 69 [ a group from paramus called the east west affair was in the teen room ] after this he went to england to make a comeback
ralph nader

Paramus, NJ

#18 Mar 8, 2013
Chris van Ry wrote:
When are they playing again ????
this article is two years old so they are not happening anymore
Jerry

Belmar, NJ

#19 Dec 26, 2014
Does anyone remember the date of that Rock A Thon?
Jerry

Belmar, NJ

#20 Dec 26, 2014
More info about that WWDJ Rock A Thon concert: http://bleedinout.blogspot.com/2009/01/time-h...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Ferry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
If anyone owns a 2-family in hasbrouck heights ... Tue tellall234 1
News There's some valuable pennies out there (Feb '07) Jan 5 Mattheew 123
News Man Arrested for Alleged Liquor Theft of Food B... (Jul '12) Dec '16 the shore 68
News Jersey neighbors offer Muslims support against ... Nov '16 REAL_TEXAN 5
Review: Tirepool LLC (May '14) Oct '16 Fran 17
News Man charged with stealing $160,000 worth of Jam... Oct '16 Parden Pard 8
Review: International Portrait Studios (Sep '08) Sep '16 Jennifer Dawes 62

Little Ferry Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Little Ferry Mortgages