First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Will Nelson

Wheeling, WV

#1 Nov 26, 2008
Does anyone know if Harry's Corner is still open? I use to eat there in the late 80's when I was working and living in the area.
AjS

Reading, MA

#2 Nov 30, 2008
yes its still open
Angelina

United States

#3 Dec 13, 2008
Will Nelson wrote:
Does anyone know if Harry's Corner is still open? I use to eat there in the late 80's when I was working and living in the area.
No its not there anymore, long gone. Ive lived here 46 years and my Dad brought me there as a kid. It used to be on the opposite corner where the used car lot is now, and re-located to the most current corner, It has over the years changed names many times. Was sad to see it go.
Matt

Brick, NJ

#4 Jan 14, 2009
Unfortunately, Harry sold both rest. (he had 2) He passed away last year sadly. I am his grandson, and I was looking it up on Yahoo for kicks. I worked for him for many years, and he taught me alot about the business. Thanks for having eaten there, and thank you for the word of mouth. I know alot of people loved eating there. Who knows, maybe I can get the money together to open another one somewhere. Take Care
Matt

Brick, NJ

#5 Jan 14, 2009
Unfortunately, Harry sold both restaurants. (he had 2) He passed away last year sadly. I am his grandson, and I was looking it up on Yahoo for kicks. I worked for him for many years, and he taught me alot about the business. Thanks for having eaten there, and thank you for the word of mouth. I know alot of people loved eating there. Who knows, maybe I can get the money together to open another one somewhere. Take Care
Frank the Cop

Bayonne, NJ

#6 Jan 16, 2009
Matt,,,,,I knew your Grandfather for many years, and he was a great man,you should be proud of him. Many times I sat there and ate his famous sausage and egg sandwich. He was so ahead of his time, with such a small menu of eggs and hotdogs, it's what people wanted,,,,We in Little Ferry always say what we wouldn't give to have a Harry's Double / Double right now! I remember your family,your Uncles and Aunts, Chris, Danny, Tammy, Pammy, and Sandy working there right along side of Teddy,Tony and Karen. There is not one cop that wouldn't give there rigt arm to have him and the store back.
We did hear that he passed away, only a few months ago, and we are all sorry for that.
I do hear that the new owner is willing to sell it right now, or rent it to the right person,,and I hear it's for a good price also,,now is the time to get the place back into the family,,,,and call it "Harry's Corner" good luck and again be proud of your Grandpop. Frank the Cop fron Little Ferry
DianeH

Tampa, FL

#7 Mar 2, 2009
I am sorry to hear that Harry passed away. I use to love to stop at Harry's corner and eat 3 or 4 hotdogs at a time. I have not had one as good as that since I left N.J.
jim hilton

Marietta, GA

#8 Apr 1, 2009
Harry's corner was more a hole in the wall egg shop,it was an institution. My friends and I used to play hookie from school and sneak in there listening to the police scanner and for egg sandwiches. Harry was a great guy too, he even feed us when we were flat broke, no kidding. All these years later we still joke about Teddy's high pitched voice shouting out, "two eggs staying Harry."Anyone re-opening the place under the same name, with the same food will get rich.
DOMINO

Homestead, FL

#9 May 3, 2009
Matt wrote:
Unfortunately, Harry sold both rest.(he had 2) He passed away last year sadly. I am his grandson, and I was looking it up on Yahoo for kicks. I worked for him for many years, and he taught me alot about the business. Thanks for having eaten there, and thank you for the word of mouth. I know alot of people loved eating there. Who knows, maybe I can get the money together to open another one somewhere. Take Care
HEY I WAS BACK IN 2001, AND THE BUILDING WAS THERE! IT WAS CALLED "BUBBA'S"
DOMINO

Homestead, FL

#10 May 3, 2009
HEY! I WAS BACK IN DA JER-ZEE IN 2001,IT'S CALLED BUBBA! I EVEN SAW THAT LITTLE COSTELLO LOOKIN DUDE THERE!
Rhonda

AOL

#11 May 4, 2009
Hey Matt! I went to Chris' wedding with my friend Ad(eline) who worked at Harry's Corner at the time. She also lived in the attic apt. of Harry's house - around the corner.

Is Chris your dad or uncle?
Jim Carlin

Battle Creek, MI

#12 Sep 8, 2009
I was a cop in Saddle Brook for a number of years and on a midnight shift we would make an early morning run for their egg & sausage. Kenny Slowik, Lenny Azzarone and all of us loved the place. I saw an ad this morning for Lodi Pizza another great place for vittles, and also wondered about Harry's? Everyone there were great people.
I live in the Cereal City, Battle Creek,Michigan now and you just can't find the great food that is back in my home state.
Jim Carlin

Battle Creek, MI

#13 Sep 8, 2009
Matt,
You've got to think about opening the place back up. Frank the Cop from Wayne can attest to the fact that you'll have 70% percent alone from local law enforcement. I wouldn't mind kicking in some bucks. You can't go wrong. I'm sure a few retired cops would love to be involved in a gig like this.
Great PR campaign, to revitalize the same name,
Harry's Corner.
Go for it!!
mint jelly enema

North Bergen, NJ

#14 Nov 7, 2009
Goose egg and sausage.Enuff said
dav cozz

Belmar, NJ

#15 Feb 25, 2010
i know your family well i worked for harry who is your father danny chris how about teddy please contact me on face book david cozzubbo
john from oz

Gladesville, Australia

#16 Jun 12, 2010
is this the Harry's Corner that Richard Kuklinski used to dine at?
Bob F

Palm Coast, FL

#17 Jun 13, 2011
Before I retired from the N.J. Police I was working at the Sussex Barracks. We would make power runs to Harry's. What memories we all have of the double double. We sure miss Harry!!!!!
Bob F

Palm Coast, FL

#18 Jun 13, 2011
State Police
Hello Everyone

Kenilworth, NJ

#19 Oct 18, 2011
My name is jimmy i worked as a young kid with harry, danny, chris, tony and ted, even pam if she stopped in, im really wondering, if i open a Harrys corner and only serve the same food i do mean the same food with a slighty expanded menue and opened the doors from 6am till 4 pm would you all come and eat there,, i really need to know????
Paul C

Rochester, NY

#21 Oct 26, 2011
Late night runs with ZBT fraternity brothers & sisters, Double Double with Chili for me please!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Ferry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: International Portrait Studios (Sep '08) May 12 Randi 68
News Former Carlstadt BA hired in political shakeup May 3 Bob Stevens 1
News Police union blasts sheriff for alleged layoff ... May 2 Hard knox 1
News Bergen County Sheriff to lay off 26 officers, u... Apr 28 Hard knox 1
News There's some valuable pennies out there (Feb '07) Apr '17 Ecjr 125
teterboro chrysler, dodge, jeep little ferry, nj Apr '17 ddary51 1
News Pat Battle - About Us News Story - WNBC | New York (Mar '08) Apr '17 pkielbasa 36

Little Ferry Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Little Ferry Mortgages