Review: East Coast Connection

Posted in the Little Falls Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jason Southerland

Syracuse, NY

#1 May 8, 2010
I picked up my ATV on 4-22-10 and couldnt have got a better deal. All the dealerships in my area want to much, seems like you can buy a new one for about what they ask for. I found this dealer on ebay and they had the selection and best of all the price. I am glad to get my machine and wanted to share my experience
pumping iron

Waterloo, Canada

#2 May 8, 2010
My buddy went there. He said they suck.
Gotta be connected

Herkimer, NY

#3 May 8, 2010
pumping iron wrote:
My buddy went there. He said they suck.
Your buddies problem was that he wasn't related to the owner.
LF rezz

West Leyden, NY

#4 May 31, 2010
The prices are good, but most of the machines are pretty well beaten. Would you rather have cheap crap, or pay more for a good machine?
happy me

Little Falls, NY

#5 May 31, 2010
LF rezz wrote:
The prices are good, but most of the machines are pretty well beaten. Would you rather have cheap crap, or pay more for a good machine?
I bought a 4x4 sportsman and it was a great machine owned it for 4 years and then sold it for a grand less than I paid for it. The rides there are used and are gonna be less than perfect.
Its all junk

West Leyden, NY

#6 Jun 1, 2010
happy me wrote:
<quoted text>I bought a 4x4 sportsman and it was a great machine owned it for 4 years and then sold it for a grand less than I paid for it. The rides there are used and are gonna be less than perfect.
Less Than Perfect - anybody that knows what they are looking at can see that these machines are beat. Hitting them with a pressure washer and squirting some armour all on the tires won't take back all the abuse these machines have seen. There's a reason that this dealer sells so cheap and it's the same reason he sells mostly on ebay.
little kris

West Leyden, NY

#7 Jun 2, 2010
i know of three people who bought stuff from him. all of them regret it. because whatever you buy from them they wont warranty nothing. my frined had to rebuilt the whole atv motor. from crank and up. then another on bought the boat he had there awhile ago. first time on the water the waterpump took a crap. he bought it back to him and he said that hes not going to fix it. it cost him alot of money to fix it. they woudlnt help out at all. beware of this crook
stop your bitchen

Boston, MA

#8 Jul 8, 2010
they sell used stuff.. you get what you pay for.. I have bought lots from them ... and its all good stuff .if you want new and a warranty go to a dealer of new bikes . if you dont like there stuff go somewhere else .....other then that support you local business owners and shut up if you dont have anything good to say. better yet spend your money open up a shop of your own and do a better job then them and take all there customers make them close ...or... just shut up I think there shop is just what the area needs brings peaple into town and just maybe they might shop somewhere else in the city befor they leave ....if you dont think that is good then .... shut up and go back under your rock
jeff

Greenbrier, AR

#9 Oct 8, 2010
Jason Southerland wrote:
I picked up my ATV on 4-22-10 and couldnt have got a better deal. All the dealerships in my area want to much, seems like you can buy a new one for about what they ask for. I found this dealer on ebay and they had the selection and best of all the price. I am glad to get my machine and wanted to share my experience
what did you buy from them?
jeff

Greenbrier, AR

#10 Oct 8, 2010
what did you buy from them? thanks jeff
Me too

Syracuse, NY

#11 Oct 16, 2010
Great service
Jason Southerland wrote:
East Coast Connection

Pocatello, ID

#12 Dec 21, 2010
Do not buy and ATV from East Coast Connection! I found them on ebay, My first mistake was not checking the BBB where they have an F rating. My next mistake was not purchasing via ebay. Before purchasing the ATV, I called and asked many very specific questions about the condition of the ATV. I was told that it was in good condition, and was just ridden by an older farmer checking his fences etc. The only problem East Coast Connection said it had was that the belt needed replaced. I specifically asked about the thermostat, cooling system, boots, etc. etc.

Upon receipt. I found it had a flat tire from a slow leak. The plow I purchased did not ship. The clutch was shattered and would have to be replaced. The thermostat was bypassed and the fan wired directlly to the key which caused the battery to drain. Some decals were sloppily glued on. The cooling system leaked profusely. I fought with them for about two months about a refund. I finally took it into the shop where they started work only to find one problem after another. The entire gear assembly is shot and every part is worn and rusted. The Polaris shop thinks it was exposed to ocean spray or some other salty environment. The repair shop said at this point it is probably not worth fixing, after I have already put almost $1,000 into repairs on a machine that was supposedly gently ridden by an old farmer, and in good condition.

I just cannot believe how downright dishonest East Coast Connection is.
East Coast Connection suk

Pocatello, ID

#13 Dec 21, 2010
stop your bitchen wrote:
they sell used stuff.. you get what you pay for.. I have bought lots from them ... and its all good stuff .if you want new and a warranty go to a dealer of new bikes . if you dont like there stuff go somewhere else .....other then that support you local business owners and shut up if you dont have anything good to say. better yet spend your money open up a shop of your own and do a better job then them and take all there customers make them close ...or... just shut up I think there shop is just what the area needs brings peaple into town and just maybe they might shop somewhere else in the city befor they leave ....if you dont think that is good then .... shut up and go back under your rock
Well... they don't just sell used equipment, they lie about its condition. They grossly misrepresent what they sell.
ozzy

Stirling, Canada

#14 Jan 15, 2011
I bought a 2007 Grizzly 660 from Chris 3 years ago and it runs like a dream ... I got a smoking deal and I have been offered more $ for it this mnth then I paid for it 3 yrs ago ... I will be buying my next bike there as well ... my buddy was buying and selling them ... he ran into a few minor issue (boots needing replacement etc) Chris was great and hooked him up with the parts no issues ... Its like everything else ... its best seen in person and have it looked at well ... lets face it ... these bikes are coming from an auction somewhere ,.. my question is how do I cut Chris out and go to the auction myself ... lol

I recommend buying from Chris ... but best if you can go in person ...

Ozzy
tonya harding

United States

#15 Jan 15, 2011
Hes a hottie, Id like to hit it.
Steven Farr

Long Eddy, NY

#16 Mar 22, 2011
I was nervous about buying an ATV from these guys after reading a few reviews but I called them anyways because there prices were just simply the best I could find within 200 miles of me driving. I seen the machines on ebay and watched them for a few weeks and decided to call in. I know they were a volume seller and liked that becuase i wasnt sure what i wanted to get I just knew i only wanted to spend $4000, so most likely I am like everyone else trying to get the most for my money and I beleive I truely did, the guys there took good care of me and I actually felt comfortable with the sale. Im not sure why I read a few bad reviews but for the few minutes a phone call took it was deffinetly worth it. I guess the satisfied customers go home happy and the others complain online, I on the other hand will be a returning customer and hopefully my experience will shed lite to other people that might be like me and nervous at first, it was a simple phone call! I would reccomend it!
goomba

West Leyden, NY

#17 Mar 22, 2011
wow u got the reacharound you lucky fellow. lmao
Graeme Osborn

Vernon, Canada

#18 Jun 28, 2011
BEWARE:
Use Caution. I purchased a Rhino from Chris and am very dissappointed. You are buying used from repo auctions via East Coast Connections so expect the worst. Some here have done well - thats great. INSPECT BEFORE YOU BUY. You CANNOT TRUST CHRIS's ASSESMENT. I spoke to him and had full assurances everything was good, no cracks, no mechanical problems etc. I trusted him (my fault). Floor boards were all busted up, lots of rust that was spray painted over and he didn't even mask the plastic so lots of overspray everywhere. rear seal in diff gone, leaking oil (fire hazard), rear caliper siezed and shot, needs new rear rotor,new fron caliper mount, neutral safety switch, indicator dash etc. I import ATV's for a Business and this was a bad business choice. unless you inspect in person DON"T BUY FROM CHRIS. When I politely emailed him to talk about the problems to determine if they were shipping damages or what, he was rude and insulting. His email states " I sell cheap, buff them up, and have terrible customer service" (email available if you would like to read.) There are much better deals to be had. View before you purchase.
Sue Keesler

Auburn, MI

#19 Jul 19, 2011
WE purchased a UTV from East Coast Connection in May 2011. This item was seen first on E-Bay, we called East Coast direct. What a mistake-we have had nothing but problems since it was delivered.#1) WE purchased different rims, old ones were to be shipped with UTV. They were not, called, were told that they would be sent in the mail. 3 weeks later, we did receive 2. Called them, they would not pick up phone nor return any phone calls.#2)We drove UTV about a mile, lugs nuts started flying off-front tire almost fell off! All of the bolts and lug nuts were loose-East Coast had used the wrong ones! We called again and again with no response. Finally contacted BBB, received the additional 2 rims, waiting for payment of $108.41 which we had to pay for correct bolts & lugs. Wish we had read reviews first!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#20 Aug 20, 2011
BEWARE OF EAST COAST CONNECTION!! Chris Stever is a very fast talker and willing to say what needs to be said to close a deal. I found out after sending him a check for a UTV last month that the UTV had been previously wrecked so bad that it had to be completely taken apart and a new frame put under it. When I called Chris about this, wanting to cancel the transaction, HE WOULD ABSOUTELY NOT ANSWER MY CALLS. He essentially forced me to take the UTV. Their prices may be less than certain other places but IT IS NOT WORTH dealing with someone who is dishonest and will lie to your face just to move a machine. Don't assume his assessment of the machines for sale are accurate, and be sure that if you have any issues after closing the sale, HE WILL NOT TREAT YOU AS HE DID BEFORE YOU PAID HIM. AVOID AT ALL COST.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drug bust on Salisbury St? 2 hr Joe Friday 7
Central New York Affordability Report 2 hr Don JR 5
Price Chopper Bakery 10 hr wazwrongwidu 4
Russian Mob 20 hr Word on the Street 6
In jail again.. Thu Dude 3
Pinecrest Bible Training Center: PLEASE finally... (Dec '10) Wed Mary 122
SAFE Driving: How many Car Lengths? (Mar '16) Wed ama 27

Little Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance