To the Friends of the Mayor

Posted in the Little Falls Forum

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
The Voice of Reason

Little Falls, NY

#1 Jan 12, 2013
As a fellow member of this community, I want to appeal to you to sit down, think deeply, and hopefully put the interests of the community first, and appeal to your Mayor to resign.

Even in the unlikely event that you will prevail in your attempt to tax the YMCA, your victory will gain the City a mere few thousand dollars at the price of a bitterly divided and actively hostile community. This is not what anyone wants.

And I think that even you would admit that Mr. Peters has not the temperment to heal this increasing bitter divide among the citizens, even if he were inclined to do so.

This City is on the brink of a civil war, and the only thing I can think of which even has a chance of healing the divisions would be the resignation of Mr. Peters.

I'm not making a threat but merely pointing out the reality that if Peters does not resign, and has to be forced out of office, that no doubt many if not all of his supporters will go down with him. But I think there is still time for most of you to retain influential and helpful roles in the City; but I also think that time is running out quickly.

Think about it. And do the right thing for the entire City. Please.

What say you?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
wont happen

Herkimer, NY

#2 Jan 12, 2013
Peters is mayor to stroke his ego, not to help LF.
The Voice of Reason wrote:
As a fellow member of this community, I want to appeal to you to sit down, think deeply, and hopefully put the interests of the community first, and appeal to your Mayor to resign.
Even in the unlikely event that you will prevail in your attempt to tax the YMCA, your victory will gain the City a mere few thousand dollars at the price of a bitterly divided and actively hostile community. This is not what anyone wants.
And I think that even you would admit that Mr. Peters has not the temperment to heal this increasing bitter divide among the citizens, even if he were inclined to do so.
This City is on the brink of a civil war, and the only thing I can think of which even has a chance of healing the divisions would be the resignation of Mr. Peters.
I'm not making a threat but merely pointing out the reality that if Peters does not resign, and has to be forced out of office, that no doubt many if not all of his supporters will go down with him. But I think there is still time for most of you to retain influential and helpful roles in the City; but I also think that time is running out quickly.
What say you?
I got your Job

Woburn, MA

#3 Jan 12, 2013
Sounds like a threat to me. You are basically saying oust Bob, or lose your job. Thankfully I am not a city employee. I think i'll start a potetion to reelect Peters. first time in 30 years a Mayor has stood up to the good ole boys. Bravo Mayor Peters!!!
What say you?
Promise Keeper

Herkimer, NY

#4 Jan 12, 2013
I got your Job wrote:
Sounds like a threat to me. You are basically saying oust Bob, or lose your job. Thankfully I am not a city employee. I think i'll start a potetion to reelect Peters. first time in 30 years a Mayor has stood up to the good ole boys. Bravo Mayor Peters!!! <quoted text>
It is not a threat, mini meatball. It is a promise. I am friends with some of those people at city hall, and yet I will gladly help get them fired or defeated if they keep giving cover to Peters. This is about right and wrong.
Beat Peters

United States

#5 Jan 12, 2013
I understand your attempt to reason with those who support Peters but it's pointless. Reason is not something they understand.

Our only recourse is to obstruct and agitate.
mark

Newport, NY

#6 Jan 12, 2013
What say you?
So who do you want to put office if peters gets out???
LF Resident

Penn Yan, NY

#7 Jan 12, 2013
mark wrote:
<quoted text>So who do you want to put office if peters gets out???
It definitely must be a Main Street First person. No one else will keep Little Falls happy. Maybe then we can get Ho-Hos back. How I miss their food.
Fact finder

United States

#8 Jan 12, 2013
If he was to leave office a special election would be held for mayor.
Woohoo

Little Falls, NY

#9 Jan 12, 2013
Fact finder wrote:
If he was to leave office a special election would be held for mayor.
Can't wait.
Woohoo

Little Falls, NY

#10 Jan 12, 2013
When Bobbles the Clown is out of town
Ruffles the Clown sits the throne
Sorta like being top dog at summer school
That's why we call Little Falls home!
Rats

Little Falls, NY

#11 Jan 12, 2013
I got your Job wrote:
Sounds like a threat to me. You are basically saying oust Bob, or lose your job. Thankfully I am not a city employee. I think i'll start a potetion to reelect Peters. first time in 30 years a Mayor has stood up to the good ole boys. Bravo Mayor Peters!!! <quoted text>
It's got nothing at all to do with threats. It's just life. If you want to go down with Peters' sinking ship, that's your business. The smart rats usually jump off the ship before it sinks. Think about it.
bow wow

United States

#12 Jan 12, 2013
Woohoo wrote:
When Bobbles the Clown is out of town
Ruffles the Clown sits the throne
Sorta like being top dog at summer school
That's why we call Little Falls home!
When Bobbles the Clown is no longer in charge on a permanent leave
Ruffles the comical council top dog is not the lead dog.
Our hometown would vote for a new lead dog
crackup

Holyoke, MA

#15 Jan 14, 2013
You know exactly who does that? The same people that are starting articles and petitions against city hall. It doesn't look good coming from any business owner . Karma is a bitch! keep talking & you should really be careful about you call to gossip too because it always gets back. You stupid bi-ch!
WTF

New York, NY

#16 Jan 14, 2013
crackup wrote:
You know exactly who does that? The same people that are starting articles and petitions against city hall. It doesn't look good coming from any business owner . Karma is a bitch! keep talking & you should really be careful about you call to gossip too because it always gets back. You stupid bi-ch!
Let me get this straight: City Hall and/or the Mayor's supporters are now threatening retribution against people who signed letters and called their aldermen over an issue? Really?
Standard Procedure

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Jan 14, 2013
WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me get this straight: City Hall and/or the Mayor's supporters are now threatening retribution against people who signed letters and called their aldermen over an issue? Really?
You should come to expect this. Business as usual. All the more reason why Peters and his cronies must go.
speaking of which

Little Falls, NY

#18 Jan 14, 2013
WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of which I do not for one moment believe that Betty's phone "was ringing off the hook" with support for what went down. She is a liar too. The overwhelming majority of people who cared and cared enough to show up were clearly for a NO vote. She was lying or imagining things.
Deeply troubling

New York, NY

#19 Jan 14, 2013
crackup wrote:
If I am reading this right, I find this deeply disturbing. You seem to be saying that:

1.) A city resident called her council person, presumably to advocate for the YMCA ...
2.) That council person reported the details or substance of that conversation to someone with connections to city hall, calling it gossip ...
3.) Now someone with connections to city hall is threatening retribution, saying karma is a bitch?

Is this really the kind of government we want? This sounds like petty thuggery or voter intimidation.
Absolutely

Little Falls, NY

#20 Jan 14, 2013
speaking of which wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of which I do not for one moment believe that Betty's phone "was ringing off the hook" with support for what went down. She is a liar too. The overwhelming majority of people who cared and cared enough to show up were clearly for a NO vote. She was lying or imagining things.
Betty is scum. Lying filth.
JoJo

Little Falls, NY

#21 Jan 14, 2013
I don't want to bad mouth Betty. She can vote the way she wants to. That's her right. But, I don't think she remembers who gave her family a home when they were burned out on Ward St.
Absolutely

Little Falls, NY

#22 Jan 14, 2013
JoJo wrote:
I don't want to bad mouth Betty. She can vote the way she wants to. That's her right. But, I don't think she remembers who gave her family a home when they were burned out on Ward St.
No, she doesn't have a right to tell bald faced lies in Council, nor does she really have right to cast her vote contrary to the vast majority of the people she is supposed to represent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The GOLF NEWS is GREAT!! 8 min Sand Wedge 55
PEZ SEZ has taken over media in the Valley!! 3 hr yup 45
What kind of condition is the SNYDER APARTMENT... (Feb '12) 13 hr armchair 55
Review: East Coast Connection (May '10) 13 hr mrbud58 45
Toddlers have shot at least 23 people this year 18 hr doctordoctor 13
Make AMERICA GREAT AGAIN---VOTE FOR TRUMP! 18 hr yourfired 72
Little Falls airport Wed fieldofdreams 29
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Little Falls Mortgages