First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Question

New York, NY

#1 Sep 26, 2012
Why has worked stopped on the new bridge?
The Goon Squad

Little Falls, NY

#2 Sep 26, 2012
Question wrote:
Why has worked stopped on the new bridge?
You've asked a question which might reflect badly upon the City Administration. Please choose your answer from the following choices:

1. Instead of bitching on Topix, why don't you go to a meeting and ask?

2. Why don't you get a life and get involved in the community?

3. You lost the election. Get over it already.

4. Why don't you go build the bridge yourself?

5. If you don't like it, move.
Oh Noes

Herkimer, NY

#3 Sep 26, 2012
Question wrote:
Why has worked stopped on the new bridge?
People are talking about that, and I don't like what I am hearing. I really hate to admit it, but it is starting to sound like Jean Linen might possibly have been right.
Crazy Glue

Little Falls, NY

#4 Sep 26, 2012
No use asking at City Hall,it is not their project. Ask the contractor. If you ever see them down there. They've been gone for days. They just stopped, and nobody seems to know why. Maybe they got called to another job that is more important. Maybe they discovered this job is harder than it first appeared.Maybe they ran out of Crazy Glue.
well

Brighton, MA

#5 Sep 26, 2012
Maybe they are working on their schedule not yours. The curing process involves a time schedule that you would not understand since you expect a quarter pounder within 30 seconds. Real stuff takes time.
Ronnie McD

Herkimer, NY

#6 Sep 26, 2012
well wrote:
Maybe they are working on their schedule not yours. The curing process involves a time schedule that you would not understand since you expect a quarter pounder within 30 seconds. Real stuff takes time.
I deliver a predictable product for an agreed upon price. Do you think the bridge will be what the city expected, at the price they expected? Do you think the bridge will even be finished?
Quality is our recipe

Penn Yan, NY

#7 Sep 26, 2012
Ronnie McD wrote:
<quoted text>
I deliver a predictable product for an agreed upon price. Do you think the bridge will be what the city expected, at the price they expected? Do you think the bridge will even be finished?
How do we do it...we don't cut corners.

So far the bridge work has been done on time and exactly what the city expected.
Predictability

Little Falls, NY

#8 Sep 26, 2012
Ronnie McD wrote:
<quoted text>
I deliver a predictable product for an agreed upon price. Do you think the bridge will be what the city expected, at the price they expected? Do you think the bridge will even be finished?
This City Administration is nothing, if not predictable.
Just Asking

Herkimer, NY

#9 Sep 26, 2012
Quality is our recipe wrote:
<quoted text>
How do we do it...we don't cut corners.
So far the bridge work has been done on time and exactly what the city expected.
I see a big empty space where the bridge used to be, and a lot of idle but expensive equipment filling up the whole parking lot where I used to park to go to breakfast at the deli. Is that what the city expected? Just asking ...
Typical

Little Falls, NY

#10 Sep 27, 2012
You people need to shut up and stop trying to make trouble.
Pardownay Mwah

New York, NY

#11 Sep 27, 2012
Typical wrote:
You people need to shut up and stop trying to make trouble.
Trouble? Trouble, you say? I remember how the demolition of the Garden Street apartments went the summer before last. Suddenly, there was no work on the site, and some big, expensive-looking construction equipment was sitting there idle. People came on Topix and asked questions. The city goons came on Topix and told us to shut up and stop making trouble because everything was fine.

Well, it wasn't fine then. And it still isn't fine even today, over a year later.

So pardon me if the sudden stoppage of work for over a week now at the bridge site makes me want to know what the heck the city screwed up this time?
lfman

Little Falls, NY

#12 Sep 27, 2012
Word on the street is that there was no provision in the bids or plans for the Gas and sewer line. This has halted the process until parties can agree on a price. again, it seems this is yet another government problem. This mayor is surely cursed.
Crazy Glue

Little Falls, NY

#13 Sep 27, 2012
lfman wrote:
Word on the street is that there was no provision in the bids or plans for the Gas and sewer line. This has halted the process until parties can agree on a price. again, it seems this is yet another government problem. This mayor is surely cursed.
Cursed? I see a pattern too, but let's not absolve him and the City Attorney of writing good and complete contracts. That is the real problem.
No Way

New York, NY

#14 Sep 27, 2012
lfman wrote:
Word on the street is that there was no provision in the bids or plans for the Gas and sewer line. This has halted the process until parties can agree on a price. again, it seems this is yet another government problem. This mayor is surely cursed.
That cannot be true. How could you forget that? DPW and National Greed would never let that happen. I am sure they looked at the bids, right?
Shirley Hughgeste

Utica, NY

#15 Sep 27, 2012
lfman wrote:
Word on the street is that there was no provision in the bids or plans for the Gas and sewer line. This has halted the process until parties can agree on a price. again, it seems this is yet another government problem. This mayor is surely cursed.
Only partially correct. The article published in the Times two weeks ago makes it clear that sewer and gas lines were included in the original plans, but now they wish to change them around.

http://www.littlefallstimes.com/features/x110...

The only NEW utility being anticipated is an electrical conduit.

These proposed changes to not appear to be minor adjustments, so I imagine they will take some time to redesign, to get approval for, to fund, and even to draft up the new plans for the builders.

As far as the Mayor being cursed, well, I try not to use bad language...
utility poles

Ilion, NY

#16 Sep 27, 2012
Shirley Hughgeste wrote:
<quoted text>
Only partially correct. The article published in the Times two weeks ago makes it clear that sewer and gas lines were included in the original plans, but now they wish to change them around.
http://www.littlefallstimes.com/features/x110...
The only NEW utility being anticipated is an electrical conduit.
These proposed changes to not appear to be minor adjustments, so I imagine they will take some time to redesign, to get approval for, to fund, and even to draft up the new plans for the builders.
As far as the Mayor being cursed, well, I try not to use bad language...
Adjustment for what...to run a conduit across the river at the bridge? You're joking right? Stick a utility pole at each end of the bridge and wala!! We magically spanned the tiny little river. Redesign the bridge?? Someone wants mo money plain and simple.
Shirley Hughgeste

Utica, NY

#17 Sep 27, 2012
utility poles wrote:
<quoted text>
Adjustment for what...to run a conduit across the river at the bridge? You're joking right? Stick a utility pole at each end of the bridge and wala!! We magically spanned the tiny little river. Redesign the bridge?? Someone wants mo money plain and simple.
Alternatively, you could stick an extension cord up your bum and pee lightning across the river, right?
shirley mo money

Ilion, NY

#18 Sep 28, 2012
Shirley Hughgeste wrote:
<quoted text>
Alternatively, you could stick an extension cord up your bum and pee lightning across the river, right?
I see the pattern...you have some tie into this bridge and you stand to reap financial gain by the bridge redesign.
Okay

New York, NY

#19 Sep 28, 2012
Shirley Hughgeste wrote:
<quoted text>
Only partially correct. The article published in the Times two weeks ago makes it clear that sewer and gas lines were included in the original plans, but now they wish to change them around.
http://www.littlefallstimes.com/features/x110...
The only NEW utility being anticipated is an electrical conduit.
These proposed changes to not appear to be minor adjustments, so I imagine they will take some time to redesign, to get approval for, to fund, and even to draft up the new plans for the builders.
As far as the Mayor being cursed, well, I try not to use bad language...
Thank you.

On the surface, that sounds very reasonable.

Why couldn't the city goons have simply explained that, and maybe linked the article like you did, rather than telling people to shut up and stop asking questions, as usual? The fact is that many of us no longer read the Behind the Times, and instead get our news by talking to friends and by reading the internet, to include Topix. It is always hard to tell if this administration is trying to hide something, or is just being inept in getting the word out.

Beneath the surface ... it sounds like this could potentially become a problem if not managed right ... long delays, much higher costs, etc. I do hope the Common Council keeps an eye on this, given the recent track record of blown deals.
Okay

New York, NY

#20 Sep 28, 2012
shirley mo money wrote:
<quoted text>
I see the pattern...you have some tie into this bridge and you stand to reap financial gain by the bridge redesign.
Or maybe he simply knows what he is talking about? Stranger things have happened ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Land Bank 2 hr Section 8 City 13
Did Hillary WIN IN NYS Because SHE CHEATED? 7 hr Patriotism is a VERB 1
Crazy Saratoga poster 7 hr Patriotism is a VERB 2
Ariana Grande 11 hr Patriotism is a VERB 2
MI Today/NY Tomorrow 12 hr Libtarded Enterta... 8
Statistical BS 13 hr IL Duce Sux 3
This forum is highly censored 15 hr Dont Upset LIBERA... 10

Little Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Little Falls Mortgages