Need some help

Ilion, NY

#1 Mar 25, 2013
I figure there are a lot of smart people on this forum so I have a math question I am struggling to solve.

It is one of those stupid word / math questions.

"Company A reports $16,000 in sales every month and must collect sales tax of 8.25%. How much sales tax would Company A have collected in 2 years?"

"Company B reports $1,000,000 in gross sales every year and is exempt from sales tax. The tax rate is the same as Company A. How much sales tax did Company B not collect over a 14 year period?"

"Which Company has a bigger economic impact to the community?"

Thanks in advance for your help? I hate these stupid word questions!
Struggling Student

New York, NY

#2 Mar 25, 2013
I too have a math question. Can you please help me?

1,500 citizens plus eight out of eight common council members plus one mayor want something to be over. But one assessor and five whack jobs want that same something to continue. Which side of the equation is greater?
DE syndrome

Ilion, NY

#3 Mar 25, 2013
Struggling Student wrote:
1,500 citizens plus eight out of eight common council members plus one mayor want something to be over. But one assessor and five whack jobs want that same something to continue. Which side of the equation is greater?
I have now just coined a new physical ailment that you absolutely have...ready for it??

It is the dreaded "DES" more commonly known as "Deflection Erection Syndrome." What are the signs you ask? If you post from a Herkimer IP and are addicted to posting deflections then you have "Deflection Erection Syndrome."

If you have a Deflection Erection for more than 4 hours please seek immediate medical attention.
Your math is wrong

Ilion, NY

#4 Mar 25, 2013
Struggling Student wrote:
Ummm...how did a petition signed by 550 become 1,500?

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/little-falls-...

So you are a liar AND your math sucks!
Huh

New York, NY

#5 Mar 25, 2013
Your math is wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm...how did a petition signed by 550 become 1,500?
People kept signing it since that post on February 2nd. Duh! I hear the petition is closer to 2,000 signatures now, on March 25th.
Your math is wrong

Ilion, NY

#6 Mar 25, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
People kept signing it since that post on February 2nd. Duh! I hear the petition is closer to 2,000 signatures now, on March 25th.
Funny, I hear that most of the original 550 have retracted their support.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kayla breen 5 min Kyle 4
pez is a jerk 8 min bobby 6
PRICE CHOPPER!!! PEZ handing out steak 17 hr Granny 11
PEZ IS in Little Falls right now!! 20 hr NuckingFuts 16
"Representative" TENNEY Wed Knee Deep in Comm... 12
Soup Fest ‘17 Tue Dobson 14
Rounds in jail Tue Disgusted 26

Little Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance