First Prev
of 9
Next Last

“Take Action !!!”

Since: Jan 08

Indian Trail, NC

#165 Dec 31, 2012
What about the video...
OR...
what about these celebrities being against gun violence...
is hypocritical ???

PLEASE, explain.
Indy

Denver, CO

#166 Dec 31, 2012
UTLT wrote:
What about the video...
OR...
what about these celebrities being against gun violence...
is hypocritical ???
PLEASE, explain.
Hey, what's wrong w/ glorifying gun violence to make a buck (and then condemn it...), that's just Capitalism, right????
Oh, wait, the LibTard Hollywood Hypocrites are anti-Capitalism too!

What part of that don't you get?
Indy

Denver, CO

#168 Dec 31, 2012
lpool wrote:
Indy, UTLT just wants to have an overly elaborate, intellectualized discussion with him or herself. Think high school literature teacher.
LoL - typical! So-called Progressssssives totally make me really, like wowzers, make me gag man...

and the multiple 'S's represent a limp wristed lisp, LoL!!!!!

“Take Action !!!”

Since: Jan 08

Indian Trail, NC

#169 Dec 31, 2012
The argument being is advanced is that if an actor
has ever appeared in a movie in which there are guns
and death...
He or she has no right to comment on gun control.
That is a stupid argument.

LIKE...
If you've ever borrowed money...
you can't then comment on the national debt or deficits.

It is silly.
It is ANTI-intellectual... read stupid.

“Take Action !!!”

Since: Jan 08

Indian Trail, NC

#170 Dec 31, 2012
To make it even sillier...(if possible)
It implies that the events of the last year shouldn't
enter your thinking or beliefs about the problems and
the solutions.

LIKE... nothing should change your mind!

It is a stupid, foolish, childish anti-intellectual argument.
ONE... toward which IPOOL probably gravitates!
Indy

Denver, CO

#171 Jan 2, 2013
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/02/us-...
Gun checks soar 39 percent, set new record: FBI

The number of FBI background checks required for Americans buying guns set a record in December, indicating that more people may purchase one after the Connecticut school massacre stirred interest in self-defense and prompted renewed talk of limits on firearms, according to FBI data.

The FBI said it recorded 2.78 million background checks during the month, surpassing the mark set in November of 2.01 million checks - about a 39 percent rise.

The latest monthly figure was up 49 percent over December 2011, when the FBI performed a then-record 1.86 million checks.

Consumer demand for guns appears to have accounted for the uptick in activity. There were no changes in FBI background check procedures that would have affected the December numbers
Indy

Denver, CO

#172 Jan 2, 2013
&sn s=em
Gun Control - A victims perspective!!!
hold up

West Hartford, CT

#173 Jan 3, 2013
UTLT wrote:
The argument being is advanced is that if an actor
has ever appeared in a movie in which there are guns
and death...
He or she has no right to comment on gun control.
That is a stupid argument.
LIKE...
If you've ever borrowed money...
you can't then comment on the national debt or deficits.
It is silly.
It is ANTI-intellectual... read stupid.
Sorry, bub, but Indy is right. To publicly decry gun violence and the gun culture while at the same time making millions off our fascination with guns is hypocritical.

Your argument is silly...and stupid.
Jiggah wha

Herkimer, NY

#174 Jan 3, 2013
Neato Fact wrote:
I have been reading through all these posts, and I only got to about 60 before I realized how many un-educated opinions are being made(Some good ones as well), and I couldn't read anymore. Now I'm sure there have been some good points made since comment number 60, but I just couldn't do it anymore.
My point is, before you make a comment, do some research, don't just make an angry statement.
I'm not sure if this fact has been brought up yet, but here is an interesting fact:
25 of 50 States in the United States have some sort of regulation or gun control laws. The other 25 states have limited to no gun control laws(ie - You can walk into the corner store and buy a pistol). 4 out of the 5 Firearm Related Homicides occur in the 25 states with Gun Control Laws.
Reference Fact number 9 at the following link:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...
Did you read fact number 9? I'll give you the title:

9. States with stricter gun control laws have fewer deaths from gun-related violence.

That's the opposite of what you said.

More:

"But one thing he found was, perhaps, perfectly predictable: States with tighter gun control laws appear to have fewer gun-related deaths."

Read your quotes before posting them.
Indy

Denver, CO

#175 Jan 3, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/little-falls-...
FBI: More People Killed with Hammers, Clubs Each Year Than Rifles

According to the FBI annual crime statistics, the number of murders committed annually with hammers and clubs far outnumbers the number of murders committed with a rifle.

This is an interesting fact, particularly amid the Democrats' feverish push to ban many different rifles, ostensibly to keep us safe of course.

However, it appears the zeal of Sens. like Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and Joe Manchin (D-WV) is misdirected. For in looking at the FBI numbers from 2005 to 2011, the number of murders by hammers and clubs consistently exceeds the number of murders committed with a rifle.

Think about it: In 2005, the number of murders committed with a rifle was 445, while the number of murders committed with hammers and clubs was 605. In 2006, the number of murders committed with a rifle was 438, while the number of murders committed with hammers and clubs was 618.
And so the list goes, with the actual numbers changing somewhat from year to year, yet the fact that more people are killed with blunt objects each year remains constant.

For example, in 2011, there was 323 murders committed with a rifle but 496 murders committed with hammers and clubs.

While the FBI makes is clear that some of the "murder by rifle" numbers could be adjusted up slightly, when you take into account murders with non-categorized types of guns, it does not change the fact that their annual reports consistently show more lives are taken each year with these blunt objects than are taken with Feinstein's dreaded rifle.

Another interesting fact: According to the FBI, nearly twice as many people are killed by hands and fists each year than are killed by murderers who use rifles.
Unspin

Syracuse, NY

#176 Jan 3, 2013
Just watched an interesting video concerning the inconsistencies of the Sandy Hook shooting. We have not heard about the other 2 suspects police took into custody. Initially, it was reported that Adam used hand guns as weapons. The police found the rifle in his car trunk. Later, the story given that he used an assault weapon and that there were 100s of rounds found. We all know how the media loves to focus on that type of destruction, but there was no video of it anywhere. The audio and the video of the first reports contradict the official story completely. This is the story being used to destroy the 2nd amendment. The link is govtslaves.info if you're interested.

Connecticut Cop Goes Public: Exposes Sandy Hook’s Contradictions, Inconsistencies & Gun Grab Agenda

http://govtslaves.info/connecticut-cop-goes-p...
k marx da

Herkimer, NY

#177 Jan 3, 2013
Indy wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/cit y/little-falls-ny/TSH1B38HTD2B 9LES1/p9
FBI: More People Killed with Hammers, Clubs Each Year Than Rifles
According to the FBI annual crime statistics, the number of murders committed annually with hammers and clubs far outnumbers the number of murders committed with a rifle.
This is an interesting fact, particularly amid the Democrats' feverish push to ban many different rifles, ostensibly to keep us safe of course.
However, it appears the zeal of Sens. like Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and Joe Manchin (D-WV) is misdirected. For in looking at the FBI numbers from 2005 to 2011, the number of murders by hammers and clubs consistently exceeds the number of murders committed with a rifle.
Think about it: In 2005, the number of murders committed with a rifle was 445, while the number of murders committed with hammers and clubs was 605. In 2006, the number of murders committed with a rifle was 438, while the number of murders committed with hammers and clubs was 618.
And so the list goes, with the actual numbers changing somewhat from year to year, yet the fact that more people are killed with blunt objects each year remains constant.
For example, in 2011, there was 323 murders committed with a rifle but 496 murders committed with hammers and clubs.
While the FBI makes is clear that some of the "murder by rifle" numbers could be adjusted up slightly, when you take into account murders with non-categorized types of guns, it does not change the fact that their annual reports consistently show more lives are taken each year with these blunt objects than are taken with Feinstein's dreaded rifle.
Another interesting fact: According to the FBI, nearly twice as many people are killed by hands and fists each year than are killed by murderers who use rifles.
Is apples and oranges ,silly GOP gun-man. Gun control logical. No control stupid. Give RPG to anybody ? Give bazooka to third grader ? IS same thing. Is logic to being limited ,okay ? 2nd amendment good. We needed gun in old USSR. Government bad there.Glad I am American now. Government here better.... only stupid .
Neato Fact

Herkimer, NY

#178 Jan 4, 2013
I am extremely sorry for my previous post. "Jigga Wah" is absolutely correct, my extreme dyslexia got the better of me when reading that article, and my "Neato fact's" were extremely wrong.

Here is another Neato Article I think everyone will appreciate:

http://www.policymic.com/articles/21619/gun-c...
pinko commie moron

Red Hook, NY

#179 Jan 4, 2013
k marx da wrote:
<quoted text> Is apples and oranges ,silly GOP gun-man. Gun control logical. No control stupid. Give RPG to anybody ? Give bazooka to third grader ? IS same thing. Is logic to being limited ,okay ? 2nd amendment good. We needed gun in old USSR. Government bad there.Glad I am American now. Government here better.... only stupid .
What first grader is trying to buy a bazooka? What adult is advocating the sale?

Straw men are your specialty. Go back to the motherland you commie.
Indy

Denver, CO

#180 Jan 5, 2013
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...
Mother Hiding with Kids Shoots Intruder

and good for her!
Prince Velveeta

Fort Plain, NY

#181 Jan 6, 2013
Oath keepers warning on "squishy RINOs"
Could Obama's War On Guns Become.. WAR? Harsh Warning From Oathkeepers Founder!



So many cops and military are joining Oath Keepers, that the SPLC is calling them terrorists and White supremacists lol. The founder is from Mexican lineage.
Prince Velveeta

Fort Plain, NY

#182 Jan 10, 2013
From British police officers
Gun Control is a Myth UK

https://www.youtube.com/watch... #!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No Parking 2-6 AM Winter Months Sign 7 hr Username 31
Little Falls Municipal Airport? 9 hr Willy Rants Pants 101
As The Crow Flies 13 hr birdman 19
XNG Job Fair--Please forward if you know someon... Thu SHAT FOR BRAINS 8
CityTrafficRegSec.6.1 Thu nothelaw 8
Jim Palmer for mayor (Jan '14) Thu handyman 36
BEWARE!!! Thief in your town!! Thu John Fox 21

Winter Storm Watch for Herkimer County was issued at January 31 at 2:44AM EST

Little Falls Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Little Falls People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:51 am PST