First Prev
of 2
Next Last
festivus

Nassau, NY

#1 Dec 16, 2012
I see the City decorated asbestos mountain. Great ornaments, really helps make that corner feel festive!
ronpaul

Moravia, NY

#2 Dec 16, 2012
is the orange snowfence supposed to represent garland?
Bong Crosby

Herkimer, NY

#3 Dec 16, 2012
I'm dreaming of a big junkpile,
Just like the ones I used to know.
With the rats all running,
For office, with cunning,
And Hoho's kicked out in the snow...

I'm dreaming of a big junkpile,
Just like the ones I used to know...
With the weeds all strung up with lights..
And a whole corner filled with blight...

“Care Enough To Take Action”

Since: Jan 08

Indian Trail, NC

#4 Dec 16, 2012
PLEASE...
Post a picture.
Let us see the reality.
LF resident

Herkimer, NY

#5 Dec 16, 2012
Drove by. Looks like a Charlie Brown Christmas in there.
Lovely

United States

#6 Dec 17, 2012
Really does make the place look better. The decorations are very tasteful.

Since it looks like this pile of rubble is going to be here for years...decades, we may as well make the most of it. Maybe we can decorate it every holiday.
bravo

Hadley, MA

#7 Dec 17, 2012
Did the beautification committee do this? It looks good!
Bong Crosby

Herkimer, NY

#8 Dec 17, 2012
It's Asbestos Mountain Christmas,
It's the best time of the year!
I don't know if they're be snow,
But you should be in fear.

And when you walk on down the street,
Hork and cough at friends you know,
And everyone you meet!

Oh No, the Asbestos,
dumped where you can see.
Cancer awaits for you,
Breathe in some for me.

And in case you didn't hear,
Oh dad gum wont you breathe in some
Asbestos, this year!
Funny stuff

Raynham, MA

#9 Dec 17, 2012
Beautification committee? Lol -- Yeah, a group of people get together and discuss what color flowers go where. Big business -- We are very lucky to have such important people here to take care of this
yoyo

Little Falls, NY

#10 Dec 17, 2012
Bong Crosby wrote:
It's the best time of the year!
I don't know if they're be snow,
But you should be in fear.
And when you walk on down the street,
Hork and cough at friends you know,
And everyone you meet!
Oh No, the Asbestos,
dumped where you can see.
Cancer awaits for you,
Breathe in some for me.
And in case you didn't hear,
Oh dad gum wont you breathe in some
Asbestos, this year!
You gotta lot of time on your hands buddy.
LFR

Herkimer, NY

#12 Dec 17, 2012
Love it! Merry Christmas!
Perhaps

Durhamville, NY

#13 Dec 17, 2012
Funny stuff wrote:
Beautification committee? Lol -- Yeah, a group of people get together and discuss what color flowers go where. Big business -- We are very lucky to have such important people here to take care of this
They also raise the money for those flowers.Without them there would be no flowers.The city can't afford to pay for them.
Huh

Little Falls, NY

#14 Dec 18, 2012
festivus wrote:
I see the City decorated asbestos mountain. Great ornaments, really helps make that corner feel festive!
I went to look at the decorations on Asbestos Mountain (a nice touch, btw), and saw someone has been dumping trash in the empty lot behind the Renaissance. WTF? Is anybody in charge in this city? If I wanted to live in a trash-strewn slum, I would move to Cornhill. Peters, get a crew over there to pick up that trash, find the dumper, and fine the everliving gobsmack out of him!
Arlo

Herkimer, NY

#15 Dec 18, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
I went to look at the decorations on Asbestos Mountain (a nice touch, btw), and saw someone has been dumping trash in the empty lot behind the Renaissance. WTF? Is anybody in charge in this city? If I wanted to live in a trash-strewn slum, I would move to Cornhill. Peters, get a crew over there to pick up that trash, find the dumper, and fine the everliving gobsmack out of him!
Good luck on that. I know it's the wrong holiday for this, but maybe someone took a look at the City's garbage pile and figured that one big pile was better than two little piles, and rather than bring the City's garbage in, they decided to throw theirs out.

But call up Masi and get him out there to take 27 8 by 10 color glossy pictures with circles and arrows and paragraph on the back of each one explaining how each one is to be used as evidence to prosecute someone for throwing private garbage on top of municipal garbage.
Huh

Little Falls, NY

#16 Dec 18, 2012
Arlo wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck on that. I know it's the wrong holiday for this, but maybe someone took a look at the City's garbage pile and figured that one big pile was better than two little piles, and rather than bring the City's garbage in, they decided to throw theirs out.
But call up Masi and get him out there to take 27 8 by 10 color glossy pictures with circles and arrows and paragraph on the back of each one explaining how each one is to be used as evidence to prosecute someone for throwing private garbage on top of municipal garbage.
This ain't the Sixties Show ... the CITY needs to clean up that HUGE pile of smelly garbage bags that are dumped on CITY PROPERTY. Seriously, Bob, if you let that trash sit there any longer, that is proof that you have lost control. None of us really want to see that. Nor do we want to see the rats that it will attract.
But

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Dec 18, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
This ain't the Sixties Show ... the CITY needs to clean up that HUGE pile of smelly garbage bags that are dumped on CITY PROPERTY. Seriously, Bob, if you let that trash sit there any longer, that is proof that you have lost control. None of us really want to see that. Nor do we want to see the rats that it will attract.
Why wouldn't you thrown trash there? Thanks to the city, it looks like a landfill.
Louis Sullivan

Herkimer, NY

#18 Dec 18, 2012
But wrote:
<quoted text>
Why wouldn't you thrown trash there? Thanks to the city, it looks like a landfill.
It is a landfill. Form follows function. As we see.
WTF

Little Falls, NY

#19 Dec 19, 2012
Louis Sullivan wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a landfill. Form follows function. As we see.
Now there is a huge heap of trash bags on the city-owned lot, and another huge heap of trash on the sidewalk which is blowing all over the street. Where is codes? Where is DPW? Has the city surrendered to illegal dumping?
King Rat

Herkimer, NY

#20 Dec 19, 2012
WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
Has the city surrendered to illegal dumping?
Yes.
joe bobaloobob

Woonsocket, RI

#21 Dec 19, 2012
Now I'm not a rocket scientist but isn't this small pathetic place a city. Don't city get more money than towns and villages. Don't cities have usually have more city workers than towns and villages. What do the city workers do everyday. I'm pretty sure they have a few of them. Maybe the right people are not in charge. Last winter we got no snow. How much money did the city save because they didn't have to pay a lot of overtime last year as in past. Not much snow removal last year. I'm just guessing but it looks like the wrong people are in charge

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Creeper Moose 5 min Huh 8
Copper Moose Ale House 18 min Malcolm Mac Wallace 253
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Ha Ha 6,445
Supreme Innovation - A leading web design and d... 2 hr supremeinv 1
Residents Letting Cats Roam Outside 2 hr Filthy meow 20
Copper Moose 8 hr USEurHEAD 20
Creeper on the 1.5 Mile Walkway in LF 16 hr Roger Stocks over... 136
•••
•••

Little Falls Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Little Falls People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE