The Bushmaster 223: An Upstate New York Success Story
When I was growing up in Little Falls, New York in the 1960s, the men who worked in Snyder's on East Main Street or at the Remington factory in nearby Ilion had good jobs.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Kos.
#2 Jan 14, 2013
the AR 15 was never used feds say gun was left in car http://tv.naturalnews.com/v.asp...
#3 Jan 14, 2013
the AR 15 was never used feds tell the news gun was never used at sandy hook http://tv.naturalnews.com/v.asp...
#4 Jan 14, 2013
the local news should report that the AR 15 was never used the feds tell the truth see link http://tv.naturalnews.com/v.asp...
#5 Jan 14, 2013
Mr mayor and village attorney were are you!!!! Why are'nt you defending the village of ilion ????? Can you tell me please.....
#6 Jan 15, 2013
This was put out by the mayor of Gloversville,
Subject: Gloversville Mayor Stands up for Gun Rights
Please share and stand up with me.. It's time to take a stand...
My comments regarding the gun bill passed in the Senate last night:
My police officers will NOT be coming to your door demanding your guns. I will not put them in that kind of danger. According to this new bill, that's what the Governor will expect...
"Magazines with a capacity of more than 10 rounds and manufactured before 1994, which are currently legal, would have to be turned over to authorities or sold out of state within one year. If a magazine has a capacity between eight and 10, it would have to be retrofitted to only hold seven rounds."
This will create an even bigger black market for guns. NY State has just created another problem without solving one. While 43 Senators pat themselves and each other on the back last night and many more Assemblymen will do the same today, I will support, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States of America.
There are many law abiding Americans (some Veterans of war) in Gloversville, Fulton County and Upstate NY who have purchased guns to defend their homes NOT for hunting. It is a sad day when a Governor who wants to be President uses the deaths of innocent children for his political gain.
No child was saved with this gun law. Criminals will still be able to find guns. I'm in favor of stricter penalties for breaking the law, not increased restrictions or new laws. Today the law goes from 10 bullets to 7, what is next?
Last night's vote in the Senate Chambers was taken when most of New York was asleep. The Governor waived the 3 day mandatory aging period on the bill. If we accept this, we should expect more of it.
Mayor, City of Gloversville
#7 Jan 15, 2013
This is nonsensical on so many levels. First of all, he's in favor of "stricter penalties for breaking the law," but apparently only for the laws he agrees with. Secondly, he's not going to send officers to our doors demanding our guns? That's really great, Mr. Mayor, considering the law doesn't call for your officers doing that.
#8 Jan 15, 2013
the 30 30 Winchester holds 9 to 13 rounds?
#9 Jan 15, 2013
Tell me when guns have defended a home? I can't ever read where this has happened. This argument is stupid. Show facts
#10 Jan 15, 2013
1. Crazy people will kill whoever they want - they don't care what the laws are. They get an even better chance now that I (a law abiding, tax paying citizen) can't defend myself with at least what he's got.
2. Criminals will kill whoever they want - they don't care what the laws are. They get an even better chance now that I (a law abiding, tax paying citizen) can't defend myself with at least what he's got.
3. Valesky was supported by the Remington workers and look what he did for you. Perhaps everyone would like to see our guns made overseas to get rid of the evil gun makers in the USA. Ask the Army, police depts, our allies. Where do you think those come from?
4. The governor's answer to mentally ill people out on the street is to ban guns and to continue to close inpatient psychiatric centers. Yes - more are scheduled to close. So - where are these crazy people supposed to get help? At least a 3 month wait to get an intake appointment Utica. And inpatient services were taken out of Utica and moved to Syracuse. The state of mental health services is scary and horrible in NYS - but no mention of that. Except of course, close more centers, reduce the help even more. Good luck preventing anything with that. This law DOES NOT IMPROVE ACCESS TO MENTAL HEALTH CARE.
5. The only way to stop a bad person with a gun, is a good person with a gun.
6. Incredible amount of violent crime is committed with knives. What's next - ban all knives with blades over 2 inches? Screw the knife
7. Not a peep from the governor about criminal penalties. The guy in Webster brutally killed is own grandmother. Why was he even out of jail? What is with our system. We're blaming the gun, what about the system that let this nut free? Who cares how long ago it was - she's not alive, he shouldn't be out.
They're all looking at the result instead of looking at the root of the problem. Keep putting air in the flat tire, maybe the hole will health itself..........good plan.
#11 Jan 15, 2013
Forget the arguments about defending yourself or your home. Maybe they're sound, maybe they're not. Stop using it as a defense of owning a gun.
Owning guns is a RIGHT. It is protected by the Constitution. No other argument is needed.
Don't tell me I don't need one. Don't tell me I'll hurt myself. Don't tell me they're dangerous.
In America I should not have to explain why I should be able to exercise a Right.
#12 Jan 15, 2013
I want a flamethrower tank but can't get one. Guns over people won't fly!
#13 Jan 15, 2013
This won't save one person. Criminals don't care what laws we pass. Or do we really think every criminal will now register their gun. Sure they will.............and Sasquatch too........ Murder's already against the law. Drugs are against the law. Guns are agains the law in NYC and Chicago............. how's that all working out. Save our rights.
#14 Jan 15, 2013
The "Father of Our Country" did in 1794 during the Whiskey Rebellion. Old George implememted the "well regulated militia" part of the 2nd Amemdment and squashed the rebellion.
#15 Jan 15, 2013
Under the new legislation, I believe you would qualify as a mentally ill person who should have their guns taken away.
#16 Jan 15, 2013
guns do not kill people, people kill people. make the gun laws more strick like the hand gun laws are.
Since: Jan 10
#17 Jan 15, 2013
Background checks don't include mental health records. Maybe they should. Duh.
If you are a heavy drinking bipolar psychotic wife beater you can buy a gun.
If you were convicted of tax evasion you can not.
#18 Jan 15, 2013
HIPAA laws might prevent this. The parents of the kids murdered in Conn. couldn't get psychiatric info about the shooter due to HIPAA regulations.
#19 Jan 16, 2013
Right. There's the rub. HIPAA laws DO prevent this.
TIME TO CHANGE THE LAW.
The issue isn't guns.
The issue is NUT JOBS.
The issue is AUTHENTIC background checks.
Obviously gun dealers need access to this information.
A background check is vacant without it.
They don't need the whole narrative. Just the DX code.
It's a public health and safety issue.
At what point is a nut job a danger to others?
Some have a nut job history stretching back to nursery school.
In this new computerized age, there is no reason not to make this info available to the background check database.
If you have no eyes you are not allowed to drive a bus.
Why should we let people without a mind own a gun?
#20 Jan 16, 2013
England has pretty much a complete gun ban. Guess what their gun crime rate is? Oops, sorry, didn't mean to cite facts.
#21 Jan 16, 2013
As does Mexico. What is your point?
Add your comments below
|Tonight's debate||3 min||Clarification||19|
|tonights meeting||2 hr||vote||18|
|Do you believe the Nano project will make LF fl...||5 hr||wondering||25|
|Ruggerios restaurant on Main St||9 hr||Nope||7|
|Pinecrest Bible Training Center: PLEASE finally... (Dec '10)||10 hr||jossolafide||98|
|Sheriff Chris Farber (Jun '12)||11 hr||Get him out||43|
|AMERICAN PICKERS L.F. on @9||11 hr||LF_on_national_TV||3|
|Common Council meeting||14 hr||bosox||36|
Find what you want!
Search Little Falls Forum Now
Copyright © 2015 Topix LLC