Richard Congdon's YMCA vote

Posted in the Little Falls Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
wondering

Herkimer, NY

#1 Feb 2, 2013
I couldn't figure out Alderman Congdon's vote to tax the YMCA. He was appointed Dolgeville's chief of police because many village residents showed up at a council meeting and expressed their support for him and the good job he was doing. So with a petition of 550 signatures and a crowd flowing down the stairs of Little Falls City Hall in support of the YMCA, I thought he might just remember the will of the people and vote against expanding city government and against dividing the city further. But he did the opposite after a lot of eye contact with Chief Masi, guardian of the open meeting. But then I heard that Chief Congdon has twice flunked the Civil Service test and is ineligible to keep the job he has in Dolgeville and might soon be looking for another job. Anybody know if this is true or just another dumb rumor? If he is going to be fired in Dolgeville, no wonder he voted to support the mayor.Good ol' boys or not? Got some facts on this?
Yep

Little Falls, NY

#2 Feb 2, 2013
I'm not arguing that Congdon is a scumbag and operating against the will of the citizens, but seriously "eye contact with Chief Masi?"
Chief Michael Masi

Little Falls, NY

#3 Feb 2, 2013
Yep wrote:
I'm not arguing that Congdon is a scumbag and operating against the will of the citizens, but seriously "eye contact with Chief Masi?"
It takes two people to have eye contact with me. One for each eye in opposite directions. Anyway, Dickie flunked the chiefs test twice but keeps getting provisional appointments until he can pass it. That could be a while. They just hired a patrolman at $7.25 an hour so you can guess why not only does the job have nobody interested in it, but the ones who are are not the brightest bulbs in the pack.
Chuckie

Little Falls, NY

#4 Feb 2, 2013
He makes eye contact with Dolgeville's mayor too!
wondering

Little Falls, NY

#5 Feb 2, 2013
Chuckie wrote:
is it something in the water?
huh

Little Falls, NY

#6 Feb 2, 2013
Chuckie wrote:
You mean fly contact.
lllff

Little Falls, NY

#7 Feb 2, 2013
Congdon is just glad it is a yes or no and not multiple choice, he'd be there all night trying to guess the right answer.
lol

Little Falls, NY

#8 Feb 2, 2013
lllff wrote:
Congdon is just glad it is a yes or no and not multiple choice, he'd be there all night trying to guess the right answer.
ouch. true but ouch.
Indy

Denver, CO

#9 Feb 2, 2013
Isn't it the status of two rental properties and the co-op that are being investigated that the YMCA is managing? Other than that, what does the Y have to do with this? Is the YMCA's tax exempt status being questioned as well, or is the Y simply managing the properties in question?

I don't expect a straight answer...
Yep

Little Falls, NY

#10 Feb 3, 2013
lllff wrote:
It was a yes or no question, and he still got it wrong.
not so straight answer

Moravia, NY

#11 Feb 3, 2013
Indy wrote:
, or is the Y simply managing the properties in question?
I don't expect a straight answer...
you got it.
Indy

Denver, CO

#12 Feb 3, 2013
not so straight answer wrote:
<quoted text>
you got it.
LoL - figures!...makes me wonder how many people who signed the petition realize this - LoL!
That man

Herkimer, NY

#13 Feb 3, 2013
wondering wrote:
I couldn't figure out Alderman Congdon's vote to tax the YMCA. He was appointed Dolgeville's chief of police because many village residents showed up at a council meeting and expressed their support for him and the good job he was doing. So with a petition of 550 signatures and a crowd flowing down the stairs of Little Falls City Hall in support of the YMCA, I thought he might just remember the will of the people and vote against expanding city government and against dividing the city further. But he did the opposite after a lot of eye contact with Chief Masi, guardian of the open meeting. But then I heard that Chief Congdon has twice flunked the Civil Service test and is ineligible to keep the job he has in Dolgeville and might soon be looking for another job. Anybody know if this is true or just another dumb rumor? If he is going to be fired in Dolgeville, no wonder he voted to support the mayor.Good ol' boys or not? Got some facts on this?
is as close to a village idiot as you can get. A guy who will do anything to perceive he's got half a clue. He's got to be voted oute as the Fourth Ward alderman, that's for sure!!!!!
Indy

Denver, CO

#14 Feb 3, 2013
That man wrote:
<quoted text>
is as close to a village idiot as you can get. A guy who will do anything to perceive he's got half a clue. He's got to be voted oute as the Fourth Ward alderman, that's for sure!!!!!
and you YMCA supporters have proven yourselves to be nothing but a bunch of low life dirt-bags. Sounds like that place needs to be overhauled...
45 colt

Little Falls, NY

#15 Feb 3, 2013
Like a few other Alderpersons, Congdon's heart is not in it. He seems not to be interested or engaged in the process at all. Not sure why he signed up in the first place.
In regards to the YMCA and other properties status, if the accounting end is done properly then there is no way the city will win. Non-profits can make money they cannot declare profits. Doesn't matter whether they sell coffee or spices.
Indy

Denver, CO

#16 Feb 3, 2013
45 colt wrote:
Like a few other Alderpersons, Congdon's heart is not in it. He seems not to be interested or engaged in the process at all. Not sure why he signed up in the first place.
In regards to the YMCA and other properties status, if the accounting end is done properly then there is no way the city will win. Non-profits can make money they cannot declare profits. Doesn't matter whether they sell coffee or spices.
How creative is their bookkeeper & it makes one wonder why (someone) tried to run the assessor off in the first place. Whoever is giving marching orders to the supporters has done a poor job in gaining any sympathy with the antics shown here on Topix, that is for sure.
run thru

Hadley, MA

#17 Feb 3, 2013
Indy wrote:
<quoted text>
and you YMCA supporters have proven yourselves to be nothing but a bunch of low life dirt-bags. Sounds like that place needs to be overhauled...
I love when people on the other side of the country report on what's going on in LF. What the heck do you know? STFU.
LFer

New York, NY

#18 Feb 3, 2013
Indy wrote:
<quoted text>
How creative is their bookkeeper & it makes one wonder why (someone) tried to run the assessor off in the first place. Whoever is giving marching orders to the supporters has done a poor job in gaining any sympathy with the antics shown here on Topix, that is for sure.
Firstly, you are clueless, as usual. What is unusual about this matter is the aggressiveness with which the LF assessor has looked for excuses to put ALL non-profits on the tax rolls. Don't forget that the assessor not only went after the YMCA, but also the hospital, the AOG church, and at last one or two others that people are not talking about for some reason. The city lost the case when the hospital sued the assessor, and the AOG church was too poor to sue so they just gave up and sold their future sanctuary.

Secondly, you have to understand that many of the people on these threads are simply people who hate the Peters administration, but may indifferent to the YMCA. They are jumping on this bandwagon as just another excuse to criticize the city. AFAIK the genuine YMCA supporters have been quiet, and are seeking some sort of compromise. I doubt they will get it, because the Peters administration is just too volatile, but I may be wrong.
Indy

Denver, CO

#19 Feb 3, 2013
and 'if' the city could generate much needed revenue through fracking the Progressives would have shot it down. Money has to come from somewhere...
Dickie

Rome, NY

#20 Feb 3, 2013
I are not a bad altermanned I tryed to do goud. I du wat Boobie tell me. I not want to git yelled at like Ronnie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dog barking nonstop on E Gansevoort or E Monroe 2 hr Neighbor 47
Liberal Game Plan NYS 5 hr Corruption PURGE ... 4
Library 7 hr Seriously 12
Contractors 17 hr Amish Shmamis 5
Liberals being Liberals 22 hr Sore Losers 1
News New $200 Million Trail To Pass Through Valley, ... Tue Prince Velveeta 20
garbage Mon Bobby 3

Little Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance