Beautification Committee
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Question

Herkimer, NY

#1 Feb 26, 2013
When did the City take over the Beautification Committee, and why? I see that the Beautification Committee is now listed on the official City website as an official City Committee?

I do remember Peters pushing aside the nice old ladies who bought the flowers and replacing them with one of his toadies, and I do remember all the goons coming on Topix to bash the Beautification Committee sometime last year. But I never put two and two together, and so I didn't pay any attention.

Why? Why did the City want to take this nice citizens group and make it one Bobby's official Committees? What is the "rest of the story", like Paul Harvey used to say?

Is this more petty megalomania by our beloved fuehrer, or is there some political issue at play here?
Clarification

Cortland, NY

#2 Feb 26, 2013
Question wrote:
When did the City take over the Beautification Committee, and why? I see that the Beautification Committee is now listed on the official City website as an official City Committee?
I do remember Peters pushing aside the nice old ladies who bought the flowers and replacing them with one of his toadies, and I do remember all the goons coming on Topix to bash the Beautification Committee sometime last year. But I never put two and two together, and so I didn't pay any attention.
Why? Why did the City want to take this nice citizens group and make it one Bobby's official Committees? What is the "rest of the story", like Paul Harvey used to say?
Is this more petty megalomania by our beloved fuehrer, or is there some political issue at play here?
It is not a city committee, it's a citizen committee. The members have been the same for over 5 years. The committee elected the chair over 6 years ago.
The city clerk put the committee on the city web site.
Are you interesting in helping the committee?
Where there is smoke

Little Falls, NY

#3 Feb 26, 2013
Clarification wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not a city committee, it's a citizen committee. The members have been the same for over 5 years. The committee elected the chair over 6 years ago.
I am going to respectfully believe the city web-site, and not an anonymous Topix poster, even though you are always polite and sometimes (not always) fairly well-informed.

The city web-site lists it as an official city committee, and everyone knows that the chairperson Peters put on it is nothing but a tool of the mayor. So either the Beauty Committee really did get taken over by the city, or the city is hopelessly incompetent in running its website. I would believe the latter, if not for the fact, as the OP stated, that Kim got made head of the committee, and the Peters Goons were busy bashing the committee on Topix for several months prior to her taking it over. Where there is smoke, there is fire, you know.
O where O where

Lenox, MA

#4 Feb 26, 2013
Clarification wrote:
<quoted text>
Where can I donate $$$ for the flowers?
Bwahahahahahhhh

Little Falls, NY

#5 Feb 26, 2013
Question wrote:
Mayor MacJunkpile took over the Beautification Committee??? Bwahahahahahaaaahhhhh!!!! You couldn't MAKE this stuff up! Somebody ought to make a reality show abut Little Falls.
Clarification

Cortland, NY

#6 Feb 26, 2013
Where there is smoke wrote:
<quoted text>
I am going to respectfully believe the city web-site, and not an anonymous Topix poster, even though you are always polite and sometimes (not always) fairly well-informed.
The city web-site lists it as an official city committee, and everyone knows that the chairperson Peters put on it is nothing but a tool of the mayor. So either the Beauty Committee really did get taken over by the city, or the city is hopelessly incompetent in running its website. I would believe the latter, if not for the fact, as the OP stated, that Kim got made head of the committee, and the Peters Goons were busy bashing the committee on Topix for several months prior to her taking it over. Where there is smoke, there is fire, you know.
It's been listed on the city web site since the web site was started.
Call one of the members and ask them.The chair has been there for years.
Please do

Cortland, NY

#7 Feb 26, 2013
O where O where wrote:
<quoted text>
Where can I donate $$$ for the flowers?
Go see Ruth P at Ann Street Liquor. She is the treasurer.
time line check

Little Falls, NY

#8 Feb 26, 2013
Clarification wrote:
The committee elected the chair over 6 years ago.
I think your timeline is wrong. Didn't Kim take over the committee after her appointed term to the Common Council (to keep the Long family's seat warm) ended? I also remember the goons savaging those little old ladies who used to run the committee on Topics.
time line check

Little Falls, NY

#9 Feb 26, 2013
Clarification wrote:
<quoted text>
I just went and looked. The bueatification committee is listed as one of the official boards in LF.
Bored of Boards

Herkimer, NY

#10 Feb 26, 2013
Boards, blah blah blah. Look. Name one board who meets with all members present regularly AND accomplishes ANYTHING.

There are many boards and they don't do sh*t. If they try to, their Chairperson, which is our Great Mayor, removes the members who are awake and active and replaces them with his stooges. What a waste of time.

Cue the crickets.
Prince V

Fort Plain, NY

#12 Feb 26, 2013
They want to beautify the city, LOWER property taxes for home improvements. Until that happens people will let their properties fall apart. The alternative is a new assessment that will starve them out of their homes.
Oopsie

AOL

#13 Feb 26, 2013
Kim took over the committee long before she left off ice. She was put in there to push Jayne Ritz out. This is in fact a citizen committee. Kim did everything possible to put road blocks up concerning Jayne's input. They fought over colors, types of flowers, etc. Nice job of working as a team, Kim. Bobbie wanted Jayne to disappear off of the Beautification Committee.
But PV

Herkimer, NY

#14 Feb 26, 2013
Prince V wrote:
They want to beautify the city, LOWER property taxes for home improvements. Until that happens people will let their properties fall apart. The alternative is a new assessment that will starve them out of their homes.
You don't pay property taxes living in the Y, PV. Give it a rest.
Citizen

Herkimer, NY

#15 Feb 26, 2013
The chairperson of committee is a goon; everyone knows that. And two-faced? Pretending to be into beautification while supporting a man who builds junkpiles? What's up with that?
Get Out

AOL

#18 Feb 26, 2013
Citizen wrote:
The chairperson of committee is a goon; everyone knows that. And two-faced? Pretending to be into beautification while supporting a man who builds junkpiles? What's up with that?
He gave her the alderperson's job. Did she ever run for office? I don't think so. Yeah, she's a goon - Peters, Rose, the whole lot of them.
Get facts

Herkimer, NY

#19 Feb 26, 2013
Get Out wrote:
He gave her the alderperson's job. Did she ever run for office? I don't think so. Yeah, she's a goon - Peters, Rose, the whole lot of them.
She most certainly did run for office, and she won, too. She was elected twice if not three times before being appointed by Peters to serve out the remainder of someone else's term. If I remember correctly, she won again after that.

I'm not a Peters fan, but if there's a goon in this thread, it's you.
Get facts

Herkimer, NY

#20 Feb 26, 2013
Get Out wrote:
Also, a hint - when you're recommending your own posts, don't repeatedly use obscure ones like "interesting" and "helpful". It's much less obvious if you just click "agree" 5 or 6 times.
Fact Check

Little Falls, NY

#21 Feb 26, 2013
Get facts wrote:
<quoted text>
She most certainly did run for office, and she won, too. She was elected twice if not three times before being appointed by Peters to serve out the remainder of someone else's term. If I remember correctly, she won again after that.
I'm not a Peters fan, but if there's a goon in this thread, it's you.
For the record, didn't she lose in the most recent election in which she ran?

Also for the record, I like Kim a lot and think she works very hard for the good of the city, but I also recognize that she is so deep in Bobby's pocket that I wonder how she breathes.
More fact checks

Chicago, IL

#22 Feb 26, 2013
Fact Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Also for the record, I like Kim a lot and think she works very hard for the good of the city, but I also recognize that she is so deep in Bobby's pocket that I wonder how she breathes.
She won her last election and did not run for reelection.
I have to disagree with you on Bobby, they stand on opposite sides these days.
Get facts

Herkimer, NY

#23 Feb 26, 2013
Fact Check wrote:
First of all, I don't think she did lose, although I'm not sure. But neither of your points is relevant to what the other lying POS said and my response to them. The other poster said Kim was never elected, and she most certainly was. At least 3 times if I'm not mistaken.

If you're going to slander people publicly on here, the very least you can do is not lie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
About the Mayoral Debate 3 hr Bflatmajor 3
Any carnivals this weekend 4 hr Festivals 1
Why the Cheese Festival Failed in Little Falls 4 hr Huh 125
Cheese Festival 4 hr Huh 274
LF School District 16 hr Damn 6
Debate for Mayor 17 hr Show me 121
Open an Olympic size indoor pool Wed huh 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Little Falls Mortgages