How are you going to sell your shotgun

How are you going to sell your shotgun

Posted in the Little Falls Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
How did we get here

Little Falls, NY

#1 Jan 16, 2013
It is now illegal for you to sell your shotgun to someone who isn't an immediate family member unless you get a National Instant Criminal Background check on the buyer from a licensed gun dealer who consents to do this check for you.

ARTICLE 39 DDD PRIVATE SALE OR DISPOSAL OF FIREARMS, RIFLES AND SHOTGUNS
Section 898. Private sale or disposal of firearms, rifles and shotguns.
ß 898. Private sale or disposal of firearms, rifles and shotguns.
In addition to any other requirements pursuant to state and federal law, all sales, exchanges or disposals of firearms, rifles or shotguns shall be conducted in accordance with this section unless such sale, exchange or disposal is conducted by a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer or licensed dealer, as those terms are defined in 18 USC ß 922, when such sale, exchange or disposal is conducted pursuant to that person's federal firearms license or such sale, exchange or disposal is between members of an immediate family. For purposes of this section, "immediate
family" shall mean spouses, domestic partners, children and step children.
1. Before any sale, exchange or disposal pursuant to this article, a national instant criminal background check must be completed by a dealer who consents to conduct such check, and upon completion of such background check, shall complete a document, the form of which shall be approved by the superintendent of state police, that identifies and confirms that such check was performed.

http://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/555303/...
Prince Velveeta

Fort Plain, NY

#2 Jan 16, 2013
The first amendment is next. The Obama administration has been going after whistelblowers, NOW in New Hampshire :

New Hampshire Legislator Wants to Punish Freedom-Seekers

"The Free State Project has been around for some time, but lately, itís gotten large enough to garner attention from lawmakers, and Democrats like Rep. Chase arenít very happy about their presence. She intends to use the law to restrict freedoms in the state, and thereby cause Free-Staters to rethink moving to New Hampshire. Just as the Soviet Unionís wall between East and West served the dual purposes of imprisoning their people, while simultaneously keeping out the influences of freedom, Rep. Chase is urging her fellow legislators to help restrict the freedoms of conservatives to deter them from moving to New Hampshire."
http://markamerica.com/2013/01/06/new-hampshi...

And here we go!
Londontown

Herkimer, NY

#3 Jan 16, 2013
Prince Velveeta wrote:
The first amendment is next. The Obama administration has been going after whistelblowers, NOW in New Hampshire :
New Hampshire Legislator Wants to Punish Freedom-Seekers
"The Free State Project has been around for some time, but lately, itís gotten large enough to garner attention from lawmakers, and Democrats like Rep. Chase arenít very happy about their presence. She intends to use the law to restrict freedoms in the state, and thereby cause Free-Staters to rethink moving to New Hampshire. Just as the Soviet Unionís wall between East and West served the dual purposes of imprisoning their people, while simultaneously keeping out the influences of freedom, Rep. Chase is urging her fellow legislators to help restrict the freedoms of conservatives to deter them from moving to New Hampshire."
http://markamerica.com/2013/01/06/new-hampshi...
And here we go!
Platitudes. The bright, shiny objects for stupid people.
Londontown

Herkimer, NY

#4 Jan 16, 2013
How did we get here wrote:
It is now illegal for you to sell your shotgun to someone who isn't an immediate family member unless you get a National Instant Criminal Background check on the buyer from a licensed gun dealer who consents to do this check for you.
And?
Uhm

Herkimer, NY

#5 Jan 16, 2013
You would go to an FFL to make the transfer.
Crackpot

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Jan 16, 2013
Londontown wrote:
<quoted text>
And?
You don't care about gun rights, so this means nothing to you. Talk about stupid people. People who cannot be objective are the really stupid ones. Consider the underlying principle.

“Do SOMETHING !!!”

Since: Jan 08

Indian Trail, NC

#7 Jan 16, 2013
Does 'gun rights'...
include the unfettered right to transfer a weapon to anybody that has the money to buy it?
Is THAT what the Second Amendment means?

Universal background checks...
sound reasonable, and necessary.(emphasis on the latter)
watsup

Herkimer, NY

#8 Jan 16, 2013
How did we get here wrote:
It is now illegal for you to sell your shotgun to someone who isn't an immediate family member unless you get a National Instant Criminal Background check on the buyer from a licensed gun dealer who consents to do this check for you.
ARTICLE 39 DDD PRIVATE SALE OR DISPOSAL OF FIREARMS, RIFLES AND SHOTGUNS
Section 898. Private sale or disposal of firearms, rifles and shotguns.
ß 898. Private sale or disposal of firearms, rifles and shotguns.
In addition to any other requirements pursuant to state and federal law, all sales, exchanges or disposals of firearms, rifles or shotguns shall be conducted in accordance with this section unless such sale, exchange or disposal is conducted by a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer or licensed dealer, as those terms are defined in 18 USC ß 922, when such sale, exchange or disposal is conducted pursuant to that person's federal firearms license or such sale, exchange or disposal is between members of an immediate family. For purposes of this section, "immediate
family" shall mean spouses, domestic partners, children and step children.
1. Before any sale, exchange or disposal pursuant to this article, a national instant criminal background check must be completed by a dealer who consents to conduct such check, and upon completion of such background check, shall complete a document, the form of which shall be approved by the superintendent of state police, that identifies and confirms that such check was performed.
http://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/555303/...
why in the world would you want to sell or transfer any firearm? keep all you have and buy all the ammo you can get your hands on. the after market for any kind of firearms will go sky high now. that little 50 buck .22 will increase many many fold. do not give up anything or register anything. nothing has changed there, most firearms in american citizen's hands are unregistered, let's keep it that way. there is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON for the government to know what you have. none what so ever.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#9 Jan 16, 2013
The instant criminal background check is no more intrusive and time consuming than any of the following: (a) making payment arrangements with any medical provider; (b) getting proofed when purchasing alcohol or cigarettes; or (c) registering as a member of Topix. Wait...I've answered UTLT's constant complaint about anonymous Topix posters who don't register...its to protest the Obama/Rothschild/UN plot to deprive Americans of their fright to free internet expression.
Knee Slapper

Marlborough, MA

#10 Jan 17, 2013
CoffinMaker wrote:
The instant criminal background check is no more intrusive and time consuming than any of the following:(a) making payment arrangements with any medical provider; (b) getting proofed when purchasing alcohol or cigarettes; or (c) registering as a member of Topix. Wait...I've answered UTLT's constant complaint about anonymous Topix posters who don't register...its to protest the Obama/Rothschild/UN plot to deprive Americans of their fright to free internet expression.
I'm not sure what kind of stunted intellect finds your jokes funny, but it's Topix, anything is possible I suppose.

Owning guns is a right. I don't care how long it takes to do a background check, I shouldn't need a background check before I can exercise my Constitutional rights.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#11 Jan 17, 2013
Knee Slapper wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure what kind of stunted intellect finds your jokes funny, but it's Topix, anything is possible I suppose.
Owning guns is a right. I don't care how long it takes to do a background check, I shouldn't need a background check before I can exercise my Constitutional rights.
People have a right to vote too...should we waive ID and criminal background checks here? Get real. Silly NRA positions like this are what tarnish the NRA in the minds of many.
How did we get here

Little Falls, NY

#12 Jan 17, 2013
CoffinMaker wrote:
<quoted text>
People have a right to vote too...should we waive ID and criminal background checks here? Get real. Silly NRA positions like this are what tarnish the NRA in the minds of many.
CoffinMaker...you know we are not allowed to ask for ID at the polling place, right? The Libs go nuts shouting discrimination.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#13 Jan 17, 2013
How did we get here wrote:
<quoted text>
CoffinMaker...you know we are not allowed to ask for ID at the polling place, right? The Libs go nuts shouting discrimination.
In NYS you are certainly asked when you register to vote...and in some other states you are required to present a state ID. The real crux is whether the verification process is so onerous as to dissuade or impede a citizen from exercising his right, whether it be to possess a firearm or to vote.
How did we get here

Little Falls, NY

#15 Jan 17, 2013
CoffinMaker wrote:
<quoted text>
In NYS you are certainly asked when you register to vote...and in some other states you are required to present a state ID. The real crux is whether the verification process is so onerous as to dissuade or impede a citizen from exercising his right, whether it be to possess a firearm or to vote.
The Liberals say yes for anything concerning voting rights.
The Conservatives say yes for anything concerning gun rights.

Gun ownership is not just a Conservative issue. Gays own guns, women own guns, union members own guns, african americans own guns, hispanics own guns etc... yet the Liberals are painting this as a white male issue?
Animal Farm

United States

#16 Jan 17, 2013
its a money thing. NYS will somehow benefit from more bullshit.
huh

Herkimer, NY

#17 Jan 17, 2013
I have never ever had to present an ID in NYS when registering to vote or when voting.
k marx da

Herkimer, NY

#18 Jan 17, 2013
NRA care about 2nd Amendment ? ptui. The NRA care money about. Secondary is your rights to them. They bend over for makers of gun. Gun maker pay them. NRA buys senator and congressman. Congressman secretly put amendment on bill to favor NRA buddy. Bunch of stuffed shirt.Business on parade !ptui.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#19 Jan 17, 2013
huh wrote:
I have never ever had to present an ID in NYS when registering to vote or when voting.
Then somebody wasn't doing their job...which might not be surprising.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#20 Jan 17, 2013
Don't get me wrong...I'm not against ownership of automatic weapons by law-abiding and mentally sound citizens. I just think that gun owners have to accept that these types of weapons present a heightened risk to society, including themselves by the way, and that this risk justifies reasonable precautions such as registration and background checks just as the risk of voter fraud justifies ID and background checks with voter registration. In both cases the key word is REASONABLE.
Vanessa

Herkimer, NY

#21 Jan 17, 2013
CoffinMaker wrote:
<quoted text>Then somebody wasn't doing their job...which might not be surprising.
Then I guess no one is doing their job because I have NEVER had to show ID to vote! I know that we are supposed to have to, but believe me when I tell you that no one is asking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Lonis' Mayoral announcement 1 hr wah wah wah... 15
Tonight's debate 6 hr idiot 67
News The penny-farthing bicycle 6 hr wrangler 1
Upstate New York ranked worst place to live in ... 7 hr Al is always wrong 8
Sheriff Chris Farber (Jun '12) 8 hr Reardons Mom 44
American Pickers on West Main 9 hr Soda 22
Of Rats and Men 10 hr Minnie 23
Ruggerios restaurant on Main St 11 hr Moe 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Little Falls Mortgages