LFPD arrests several teens for disord...

LFPD arrests several teens for disorderly conduct

There are 166 comments on the Utica Daily News story from Jun 16, 2010, titled LFPD arrests several teens for disorderly conduct. In it, Utica Daily News reports that:

Little Falls Police arrested seven area teens on June 15 following an incident on East Main Street.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Utica Daily News.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
LF Resident

AOL

#1 Jun 16, 2010
I guess summer is here now! Too bad people have to be disorderly when the weather gets nice.
alittle sick

West Leyden, NY

#2 Jun 17, 2010
hmmmmm maybe the drunken , or drugged up parents should do something ...oh thats right...your not allowed to disipline your kids now......maybe the fact that there is no repercussions for their actions has something to do with it also
car jokers

Waterloo, Canada

#3 Jun 17, 2010
I wonder if this rag tag group of scumbag kids is the same group responsible for all of the cars being broken into recently. Why can't parents just be good parents and raise their kids correctly?
knows

Galeton, PA

#4 Jun 17, 2010
car jokers wrote:
I wonder if this rag tag group of scumbag kids is the same group responsible for all of the cars being broken into recently. Why can't parents just be good parents and raise their kids correctly?
I'm sure that was some other kids.
This group is the "good ones".
knows

Galeton, PA

#5 Jun 17, 2010
car jokers wrote:
Some of these kids have dead (or otherwise unavailable) parents you idiot.
i know

Herkimer, NY

#6 Jun 17, 2010
knows wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of these kids have dead (or otherwise unavailable) parents you idiot.
cut the crap! These kids want to act this way, they're bored and have no direction, no ambition. Stop making excuses for kids that choose this way of life!!
Excuse me

Galeton, PA

#7 Jun 17, 2010
i know wrote:
<quoted text>
cut the crap! These kids want to act this way, they're bored and have no direction, no ambition. Stop making excuses for kids that choose this way of life!!
Choice?
Right, I'm sure they'd rather be on their yachts in the Bahamas.
Disorderly Conduct? Hardly a way of life.
Anyway, they were probably drinking.
We have stacks, and stacks of beer adorned with bells and whistles -in every store in town- suggesting they drink, and not a damn thing anywhere suggesting they do something else.
no excuses

Herkimer, NY

#8 Jun 17, 2010
these kids choose to be disorderly, and the parents let them out all night long. No excuses. court systems are full of this crap !
huh

West Leyden, NY

#9 Jun 17, 2010
please do not blame summer vaca...these kids are out and about no matter what time of year..they are out at 5a.m....10 pm...no one seems to care. The police are blind to it all as are the parents if they can find them. SOOO...what do we do?? Lock our doors. 15+ car break-ins on EMonroe in the past 2 months??? Who i schecking that out??
birdwatcher1

Vernon, NY

#10 Jun 17, 2010
You people have got to wake up.This city wants nothing to do with our kids .It is a retirement community. No wonder the kids get in trouble!!!! Wake the F up people!!!! This city is aClickity Click. Only for those who are in it. F the rest. I have lived here all my life . I'ved watched the BS. Lived it!! If only I could infact change, but my name does not let me. So someone who is new to the area must stand up to these idiots and bring change !!! Someone PLEASE!!!!It is allmost embarrassing to tell someone where i live!!!
gotta love these kids

Carthage, NY

#11 Jun 17, 2010
What were they doing? Kinda feel bad for them that they are so bored they have to cause problems. So hopefully they really do get into trouble so maybe they can learn a lesson before it's to late. Umm yeah 18 and 19 yr olds Jail that will scare them. We can only hope right?
blissed

United States

#12 Jun 18, 2010
Here's a link to an interesting debate on the topic, "Should parents be jailed when kids drink?" Interesting and thoughtful.

http://roomfordebate.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/0...
drider59

Rome, NY

#13 Jun 18, 2010
Wow, You people should all get a life as to sit on here and gossip about things you know NOTHING about...As a matter a fact I DO KNOW THAT THESE KIDS WERE SITTING IN THE PARK PRIOR TO 10 PM WHEN THE NOISE ORDINANCE IS SUPOSE TO BEGIN AND WERE NOT MAKING NOISE ANYWAY...THIS IS SAD BECAUSE THREE OF THESE KIDS (MY SON INCLUDED WITH OTHERWISE CLEAN RECORDS)HAVE PLANS TO GO INTO THE SERVICE TO PROTECT YOUR FREEDOM AND THIS WILL FOR SURE PUT A MONKEY WRENCH IN IT....FOR WHAT SITTING IN THE PARK WITH A FEW FRIENDS AT 9:30 AT NIGHT... THEY WERE NOT BEING LOUD.....LIKE I SAID GET A LIFE BEFORE COMMENTING ABOUT THINGS YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT....
Interesting article

Galeton, PA

#14 Jun 18, 2010
http://roomfordebate.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/0...
This is a bad example:

"Last week, two Harvard Medical School professors were arrested because teenagers were found drinking at their daughterÂ’s graduation party, though they said they did not see the alcohol. "

The law is actually for parents who "serve" alcohol to minors in an effort to keep their teens from driving, and drinking elsewhere.

The couple in the NYT article didn't know about the teen drinking on their property.
Anonymous

Skaneateles, NY

#15 Jun 18, 2010
i dont have kids myself..but its not just the kids from bad homes in trouble.think about it there have been plenty of kids from good homes that get into trouble also..and drider59 i agree with you ppl have nutin better to do then sit on here and talk shit about everyone else and thier kids..dont listen to them it will come back and bite them in the ass.. their kids will get into trouble someday then they can see what its like to have someone talking shit bout their parenting and putting down your kids..good luck to your son.. i hope this doent effect his chance of protecting our country..
Little Falls Native

Rome, NY

#16 Jun 18, 2010
I rather the kids were sitting in the park, talking, playing music than looking for trouble. I live near the park and have lived there for MANY years. I have never had a problem with kids in the park. I welcome them! I think that the police need to take care of the problems of DWI, fights and brawls elsewhere, drug dealing and selling of prescription meds, instead of a group of kids enjoying a summer night.
Frank

New York, NY

#17 Jun 18, 2010
drider59 wrote:
Wow, You people should all get a life as to sit on here and gossip about things you know NOTHING about...As a matter a fact I DO KNOW THAT THESE KIDS WERE SITTING IN THE PARK PRIOR TO 10 PM WHEN THE NOISE ORDINANCE IS SUPOSE TO BEGIN AND WERE NOT MAKING NOISE ANYWAY...THIS IS SAD BECAUSE THREE OF THESE KIDS (MY SON INCLUDED WITH OTHERWISE CLEAN RECORDS)HAVE PLANS TO GO INTO THE SERVICE TO PROTECT YOUR FREEDOM AND THIS WILL FOR SURE PUT A MONKEY WRENCH IN IT....FOR WHAT SITTING IN THE PARK WITH A FEW FRIENDS AT 9:30 AT NIGHT... THEY WERE NOT BEING LOUD.....LIKE I SAID GET A LIFE BEFORE COMMENTING ABOUT THINGS YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT....
CAPS LOCK FOR THE WIN!!!!11!!!!!11!

p.s. I am wiling to bet money your kid is nothing but a worthless piece of crap like the rest of them.
USMC

United States

#18 Jun 18, 2010
drider59 wrote:
...THIS IS SAD BECAUSE THREE OF THESE KIDS (MY SON INCLUDED WITH OTHERWISE CLEAN RECORDS)HAVE PLANS TO GO INTO THE SERVICE TO PROTECT YOUR FREEDOM AND THIS WILL FOR SURE PUT A MONKEY WRENCH IN IT
Future Bullet Catchers?(Marines)
Maybe they should join the Navy. Same pay, nobody dies.
HooRah
drider59

West Leyden, NY

#19 Jun 18, 2010
Little Falls Native wrote:
I rather the kids were sitting in the park, talking, playing music than looking for trouble. I live near the park and have lived there for MANY years. I have never had a problem with kids in the park. I welcome them! I think that the police need to take care of the problems of DWI, fights and brawls elsewhere, drug dealing and selling of prescription meds, instead of a group of kids enjoying a summer night.
You are soooo right on that one....And that is exactly what they were doing...one of them had a guitar and lucky they had just arrived when the police pulled up and he had not yet taken it out of the case because that probably would have been another charge...
drider59

West Leyden, NY

#20 Jun 18, 2010
USMC wrote:
<quoted text>
Future Bullet Catchers?(Marines)
Maybe they should join the Navy. Same pay, nobody dies.
HooRah
That is pretty funny....shows how much you know about the our military... My oldest son has served since he was 17 years old and is now 32 and a helicopter pilot and I am sure he is making a whole bunch more that you did...so, no the pay is not the same... My youngest son would like to follow in his brothers footsteps after a few years of college and as for "nobody dies" Hopefully, that is if you are a civilian now :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is the crazy lady walking talking to her se... 2 hr Name 4
cheese whiz! 2 hr Please 173
West Main St: A new dump 4 hr stripped 28
PEZ IS BACK after a 2 week absence 9 hr LF Resident 26
Senator Seward, the Tooth Fairy? Fri Mister TeeVee 3
marijuiana guy Jul 21 Fyi 11
City Direction Jul 20 Harry 25

Little Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance