|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

St. Johnsville.

A Vietnam veteran and retired airline pilot arrested after giving the finger to a police officer can sue police for malicious prosecution, a federal appeals court ruled Thursday as it reversed a lower-court judge who found the actions of officers reasonable.
(Still unclear if you can also call them pussies)

http://pro32.ap.org/dailybreeze/content/ny-co...

“Care Enough To Take Action”

Since: Jan 08

Indian Trail, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

This incident also made last Thursday's NYTimes.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/04/nyregion/ob...
Good

Somerville, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Sometimes you just need to
John Swartz White Trash

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

This lowlife pulled this stunt in front of his grandchildren!
SHAME ON YOU JOHN SWARTZ !

The court should order you to be present at every appearance those grandchildren have to make in court. Rest assured that instructing those youngsters to be disrespectful of Police Officers WILL result in those children finding trouble. It will be your fault.

Some role model you are.
You could be teaching them manners, respect, cooperation, obedience, but you thought of something just right for your flesh and blood to aspire to in their adult years.

Vietnam Vet?
You might have legally cleared the path for peace loving citizens to flip off those murderous Vets who killed women and children - far more deserving of disrespect by anyones measure.

Want to throw up when you think "What is a Vet"?
Read My Lai Massacre - WIKI gives a very clear picture of the events.
ACAB

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

ACAB. Good for him.
ACAB

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Masi is a real pig, the way he did absolutely nothing at the illegal City Hall Council meeting the other night. He was informed of the law, and flatly refused to do his job and enforce it. He's got to go, and let's get some police who care more about the law that they do about serving the crooks in charge.
eye spy with Masis eye

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

The only thing Mike Masi cares about is Mike Masi.
What a tool.
just me

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

ACAB wrote:
Masi is a real pig, the way he did absolutely nothing at the illegal City Hall Council meeting the other night. He was informed of the law, and flatly refused to do his job and enforce it. He's got to go, and let's get some police who care more about the law that they do about serving the crooks in charge.
I like Mike as chief, and his job was to keep order, not enforce open meeting law, so that is not on him, it is on Rose and Peters, the scofflaws. I will be sad to see Mike go down with Peters and his cronies, but I fear that is what is going to happen because so many people are so angry at the City right now.
you are an idiot

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

eye spy with Masis eye wrote:
The only thing Mike Masi cares about is Mike Masi.
What a tool.
Mike is a good man, a good chief and cares deeply about the city of LF...you however are an idiot.
Exactly

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

just me wrote:
<quoted text>
I like Mike as chief, and his job was to keep order, not enforce open meeting law, so that is not on him, it is on Rose and Peters, the scofflaws. I will be sad to see Mike go down with Peters and his cronies, but I fear that is what is going to happen because so many people are so angry at the City right now.
Yes, but the cause of any potential disorder would have been the deliberate actions of Peters and Rose in breaking the open meeting law. The way for Masi to have done his job would have been to insist that the Open Meeting Law be followed, rather than try to attempt to intimidate peaceful citizens. What is a policeman good for if they refuse to enforce the law? Isn't that what we pay them to do?
you are an idiot

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Exactly wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but the cause of any potential disorder would have been the deliberate actions of Peters and Rose in breaking the open meeting law. The way for Masi to have done his job would have been to insist that the Open Meeting Law be followed, rather than try to attempt to intimidate peaceful citizens. What is a policeman good for if they refuse to enforce the law? Isn't that what we pay them to do?
No, any potential disorder would have been caused by idiots like you who are calling for "heads on pikes" you sir, are an idiot.
you are an idiot

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Exactly wrote:
<quoted text>
(d) Public bodies shall make or cause to be made all reasonable efforts to ensure that meetings are held in an appropriate facility which can adequately accommodate members of the public who wish to attend such meetings.

What part of this law was not followed? Are you griping because you and your flash mob crashed the building and expected the city to find space so all of you could sit down? You are an idiot.
Exactly

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

you are an idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
(d) Public bodies shall make or cause to be made all reasonable efforts to ensure that meetings are held in an appropriate facility which can adequately accommodate members of the public who wish to attend such meetings.
What part of this law was not followed? Are you griping because you and your flash mob crashed the building and expected the city to find space so all of you could sit down? You are an idiot.
Sorry, but it was hardly a flash mob. The City has attacked an institution of which hundreds if not thousands of residents are members. A newspaper ad, well in advance, called for the public to attend the meeting. There was every reason to expect the sort of attendance which did indeed occur. and the law requires that the City make reasonable efforts to accomodate the public, which did not occur, and thus the City broke the law. I could see your point if indeed this was a flash mob, but, as I said, it was not.

If the City does not wish to have large turnout, they should not attack organizations with big memberships. And if the elected officials do not wish to have citizens call for their heads of pikes, they should show consideration for the public opinion.
I call BS

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

you are an idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
No, any potential disorder would have been caused by idiots like you who are calling for "heads on pikes" you sir, are an idiot.
We should have rioted. The only reason we didn't is because we simply could not believe our eyes. We trusted our city to do the right thing. Now it is too late for niceness. Our city government told us to go to hell on Tuesday. Now we are going to send Peters, Rose and their cronies to hell. Get on the side of the people, or get the hell out of our way. There is no going back now, and there is no forgiveness for corrupt politicians who lie to our faces and openly disrespect us.
Good Point

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

We ALL need to call the Open Government office and ask them to invalidate that meeting and that vote! They can do that.
Exactly wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but it was hardly a flash mob. The City has attacked an institution of which hundreds if not thousands of residents are members. A newspaper ad, well in advance, called for the public to attend the meeting. There was every reason to expect the sort of attendance which did indeed occur. and the law requires that the City make reasonable efforts to accomodate the public, which did not occur, and thus the City broke the law. I could see your point if indeed this was a flash mob, but, as I said, it was not.
If the City does not wish to have large turnout, they should not attack organizations with big memberships. And if the elected officials do not wish to have citizens call for their heads of pikes, they should show consideration for the public opinion.
Exactly

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

you are an idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
I would add that the way to avoid disorder, when, by YOUR OWN ACTIONS you have attracted the hostile attention of a large crowd of people, is to invite them all to SIT DOWN and DISCUSS their greivances.

By FORCING people to stand around all together and attempting to limit their speech, the City did exactly the wrong thing...although in my gleeful opinion they did exactly the RIGHT thing is that they really poked the hornets nest, those idiots.

My point is, a properly run government would have invited aggrieved citizens to SIT DOWN and AIR their beef. Peters did exactly the opposite of what good government should do.
Citizen Can

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Good Point wrote:
We ALL need to call the Open Government office and ask them to invalidate that meeting and that vote! They can do that.
<quoted text>
Post the number and name of this open government office, please.
I will call and I will sign any petition of regress for this atrocity that is called Little Falls government.
Exactly

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Citizen Can wrote:
<quoted text>
I will call and I will sign any petition of regress for this atrocity that is called Little Falls government.
You can email the Mr. Freeman, the Director of the NYS Committee on Open Government, at:

coog@dos.ny.gov
Must Be Done

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Citizen Can wrote:
<quoted text>
The NYS Committee on Open Government: http://www.dos.ny.gov/coog/index.html Contact them! Peters and Rose knew better, and so they disrespected the COOG and the NYS DOS just as much as they disrespected the citizens of Little Falls.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Little Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Codes officer above the law 36 min Observer 5
Have you heard the latest about Tooleyville? 5 hr Enough Already 37
Stabbing on Topnotch Rd. 5 hr duh 35
Favorite Little Falls Area Restaurant of all time? (Feb '11) 6 hr GlennSANDYKasarda 59
Bill Burrows 17 hr teetoy 8
Obama Ebola Ebonics 22 hr What 82
Open wednesday (Jun '12) Thu hungry 71

Search the Little Falls Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Little Falls Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••