is price chopper purchasing shoppers ...

is price chopper purchasing shoppers squre

Posted in the Little Falls Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
fedupinlf

New York, NY

#1 Apr 27, 2012
okay, lots of talk about a big announcement coming soon. anyone hear about this supposed purchase of the shoppers square property by price chopper??
Miss Information

Moravia, NY

#2 Apr 27, 2012
Oh my, dare I even hope??
Still a native

New York, NY

#3 Apr 27, 2012
I just hope this is true but please O please don't let that big fat guy with his feet on his desk in City Hall know about this till its done.
LF Resident

Utica, NY

#4 Apr 27, 2012
Still a native wrote:
I just hope this is true but please O please don't let that big fat guy with his feet on his desk in City Hall know about this till its done.
Who is that? Dave P.?
Still a native

New York, NY

#5 Apr 27, 2012
No its the other fat guy on the second floor you get one guess
LF resident

Penn Yan, NY

#6 Apr 27, 2012
Still a native wrote:
No its the other fat guy on the second floor you get one guess
I get it, Groovy?
johhny belmont

North Bay, NY

#7 Jun 23, 2012
ive heard so many rummors about price chopper coming to little falls . if its true i belive it would be a good thing . but some people need to relize something if it is true price chopper would have to not only buy the bulding but all the tenents leases as well or wait for the tenents leases to finish out . and i seriously dont think price chopper is going to spend billions to do that . even thought it would benefit the town alot .if you think about it they would have to buy out alot of leases like cvs, subway, all you can eat buffet , smoker frendly , hr block, alkes and curves . there arent many leases there but it would cost millions maybe billions only solution i think they should take is build pricechopper with all thease places in the building set up inside it so everyone benefits from it including the town. and if they make it 24 hrs it would be even better cause it brings life to town and more jobs i think town is afraid of change and that is what is bringing it down . even canal week is gettting worse every year if not for the city folk coming up for it town would turn into a ghost town didnt they build a 29a exit in the 70s . what was the point if the town does not alllow change .they allow all thease pizza places but not a white castle wendys or price chopper come on little falls we need to bring life to the town again look at our history we had loads of factorys and town droved that away cause they were afraid to change .
johhny belmont

North Bay, NY

#8 Jun 23, 2012
also if price chopper does come to littlfalls why not just buy lasalles it would be perfect set up for them and still bring busness to little falls and most likely cost less that was the other rumor i heard
Hear Say

New York, NY

#9 Jun 24, 2012
I heard that CVS refuses to negotiate a higher lease payment, because they are happy with their space and the price they are now paying, so that end of SS will not be torn down. Rebuilding that end would make it nicer, but it would also mean that CVS would have to pay a higher rent to cover the costs of rebuilding. That is a big no go.

I heard the owner is evicting all the low-rent stores from the whole mall, and moving the high rent stores to the CVS side of the mall. I heard the rest of SS will be torn down to build a new half mall for PC. I heard the owner wants the mall to be a higher rent mall, except for CVS, which I heard he needs as an anchor at whatever the price.

I heard this whole thing would have already been done two years ago if CVS had been willing to occupy new, improved space (at a higher rent, of course). Building half a new mall is apparently a lot harder than just scraping the whole thing and starting over.
johhny belmont wrote:
ive heard so many rummors about price chopper coming to little falls . if its true i belive it would be a good thing . but some people need to relize something if it is true price chopper would have to not only buy the bulding but all the tenents leases as well or wait for the tenents leases to finish out . and i seriously dont think price chopper is going to spend billions to do that . even thought it would benefit the town alot .if you think about it they would have to buy out alot of leases like cvs, subway, all you can eat buffet , smoker frendly , hr block, alkes and curves . there arent many leases there but it would cost millions maybe billions only solution i think they should take is build pricechopper with all thease places in the building set up inside it so everyone benefits from it including the town. and if they make it 24 hrs it would be even better cause it brings life to town and more jobs i think town is afraid of change and that is what is bringing it down . even canal week is gettting worse every year if not for the city folk coming up for it town would turn into a ghost town didnt they build a 29a exit in the 70s . what was the point if the town does not alllow change .they allow all thease pizza places but not a white castle wendys or price chopper come on little falls we need to bring life to the town again look at our history we had loads of factorys and town droved that away cause they were afraid to change .
What the

Whitesboro, NY

#10 Jun 24, 2012
Hear Say wrote:
I heard that CVS refuses to negotiate a higher lease payment, because they are happy with their space and the price they are now paying, so that end of SS will not be torn down. Rebuilding that end would make it nicer, but it would also mean that CVS would have to pay a higher rent to cover the costs of rebuilding. That is a big no go.
I heard the owner is evicting all the low-rent stores from the whole mall, and moving the high rent stores to the CVS side of the mall. I heard the rest of SS will be torn down to build a new half mall for PC. I heard the owner wants the mall to be a higher rent mall, except for CVS, which I heard he needs as an anchor at whatever the price.
I heard this whole thing would have already been done two years ago if CVS had been willing to occupy new, improved space (at a higher rent, of course). Building half a new mall is apparently a lot harder than just scraping the whole thing and starting over.
<quoted text>
Want CVS to leave? Shop at Kinneys.
Huh

New York, NY

#11 Jun 24, 2012
What the wrote:
<quoted text>
Want CVS to leave? Shop at Kinneys.
Who wants CVS to leave? I think CVS is a necessary anchor store for a viable mall. A PC plus a CVS may draw more traffic than either alone. The SS owner probably would have preferred that CVS pay MORE for a new store, but tough tookie.
Taxpayer

New York, NY

#12 Jun 24, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Who wants CVS to leave? I think CVS is a necessary anchor store for a viable mall. A PC plus a CVS may draw more traffic than either alone. The SS owner probably would have preferred that CVS pay MORE for a new store, but tough tookie.
Price Chopper can easily provide their own pharmacy as in most of their stores and would prefer that route.All depends on what (and who) the owners prefer.
cool hand luke

Bradford, VT

#13 Jun 25, 2012
I spoke with a rep from price chopper at a party over the weekend. They have a four year plan for expansion and renovation. Little falls is NOT on the planning schedule. It is all rumor. Stewart's is expanding and hopes to start in the fall if all goes well.
ya sure

United States

#14 Jun 25, 2012
cool hand luke wrote:
I spoke with a rep from price chopper at a party over the weekend. They have a four year plan for expansion and renovation. Little falls is NOT on the planning schedule. It is all rumor. Stewart's is expanding and hopes to start in the fall if all goes well.
Yep, I'm sure some PC managment guy just dropped this info at a party, meanwhile they've been tight lipped with everyone else. You're sooo special.

Doubtful. This post cannot be taken at face value.
Jean Linen

New York, NY

#15 Jun 25, 2012
ya sure wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, I'm sure some PC managment guy just dropped this info at a party, meanwhile they've been tight lipped with everyone else. You're sooo special.
Doubtful. This post cannot be taken at face value.
What cannot be taken at face value are the utterances of Peters, which started all this baseless rumor.
hey

Waltham, MA

#16 Jun 25, 2012
cool hand luke wrote:
So the rep from Stewart's was at the party too? Wow, you're a high roller.

You're also full of BS.

Let's wait until someone in authority gives us the scoop.
Jean Linen

New York, NY

#17 Jun 25, 2012
I heard that the people from PC came to look around, and saw the huge pile of toxic waste that the City built across the street, the empty storefronts, the trash blowing in the wind, the crumbling curbs and sidewalks, and then saw some fat 20 something babe in pyjamas with tits below her waist and tattoos on her arms, loudly cussing out her kid in the stroller without even removing her cigarette from her lips, and they said "Hey, this looks like a great place to invest 15 million dollars!"
Nope

Schenectady, NY

#18 Jun 25, 2012
Jean Linen wrote:
<quoted text>
What cannot be taken at face value are the utterances of Peters, which started all this baseless rumor.
You should get out from behind that computer. That rumor came from far more people than Bobby.
Nope

Schenectady, NY

#19 Jun 25, 2012
Jean Linen wrote:
I heard that the people from PC came to look around, and saw the huge pile of toxic waste that the City built across the street, the empty storefronts, the trash blowing in the wind, the crumbling curbs and sidewalks, and then saw some fat 20 something babe in pyjamas with tits below her waist and tattoos on her arms, loudly cussing out her kid in the stroller without even removing her cigarette from her lips, and they said "Hey, this looks like a great place to invest 15 million dollars!"
I believe if PC asked YOU about investing here, you would tell them not to. That's an interesting thing to consider when reading your posts.
Jean Linen

New York, NY

#20 Jun 25, 2012
Nope wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe if PC asked YOU about investing here, you would tell them not to. That's an interesting thing to consider when reading your posts.
That's absolutely correct. The City is pursuing policies designed to turn the whole place into a slumlord paradise. Now, you can do that, but you can't do that and hope to attract any other sort of investment or improvements. YOu can't do both. And, this City has made their choice. Slum. I obviously don't like it, but that's how it seems to be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
West Main Street First 3 hr Claps 26
Remington 6 hr Puppet 16
Ole sals 16 hr willie 3
Amish contractors (May '12) Fri banana pete 97
New Real News Fri Brain Dead Gop 11
MK Ultra = PV Fri Bobbie 9
cva dissolves position of assistant superintend... Feb 22 Too bad 7

Little Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance