Hey Friends of the Y
Hung out to dry by the Y

Little Falls, NY

#1 Jan 28, 2013
Yeah, I'm talking to you, the dozen or so professional people and business types who took out an ad in the paper a month ago urging me to sign your petition and turn out at the council meeting.

Remember? Over 500 people signed your petition, and the better part of a hundred people turned out to support you at the meeting. Remember that?

And since then, what have we heard from the Friends of the Y? Nothing, zero, nada, zilch.

You picked a fight with City Hall and you called out your friends for support. I gave it, But since then? No public meetings, no organization, no rally, no press release, no information of any kind has reached my ears (and you know who I am because I signed your petition.)

So..pick a fight, ask for help, and then walk away and leave your help standing there wondering where you went? Is that it?

What was accomplished? I wasted a Tuesday night coming to your support. I got yelled at by a retarded funny looking man. I got my civil rights violated, and I even got glared at by a fat cop, albeit only with one eye.

And best of all, my name and address, along with those 499 more of your "friends," now sits on top of Joy Presta's desk, with "to do" written over it.

Where did you go? Pick a fight, ask my help, get my help, and just disappear? That's it, then?

Some friends.
I agree

Herkimer, NY

#2 Jan 28, 2013
I agree. What's up with this Bart?
Hung out to dry by the Y wrote:
Yeah, I'm talking to you, the dozen or so professional people and business types who took out an ad in the paper a month ago urging me to sign your petition and turn out at the council meeting.
Remember? Over 500 people signed your petition, and the better part of a hundred people turned out to support you at the meeting. Remember that?
And since then, what have we heard from the Friends of the Y? Nothing, zero, nada, zilch.
You picked a fight with City Hall and you called out your friends for support. I gave it, But since then? No public meetings, no organization, no rally, no press release, no information of any kind has reached my ears (and you know who I am because I signed your petition.)
So..pick a fight, ask for help, and then walk away and leave your help standing there wondering where you went? Is that it?
What was accomplished? I wasted a Tuesday night coming to your support. I got yelled at by a retarded funny looking man. I got my civil rights violated, and I even got glared at by a fat cop, albeit only with one eye.
And best of all, my name and address, along with those 499 more of your "friends," now sits on top of Joy Presta's desk, with "to do" written over it.
Where did you go? Pick a fight, ask my help, get my help, and just disappear? That's it, then?
Some friends.
YMCA

New Hartford, NY

#3 Jan 28, 2013
Some friends.
Sounds like you want to hand out pitchforks and torches and schedule a moonlit march on the Mayor's house.

I'll take your name off the list.

Sign Me UP

Herkimer, NY

#4 Jan 28, 2013
YMCA wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you want to hand out pitchforks and torches and schedule a moonlit march on the Mayor's house.
I'll take your name off the list.
That sounds like FUN! Just make sure we get the right apartment, or Tony will be pissed.
Seriously

Sabina, OH

#5 Jan 28, 2013
No joke, who in this City has EVER had 500 people sign a petition and then get 90 people to support them at a public meeting?

And who, after getting that, just leaves it at that? We are going to suffer retaliation...for what?

I'll say this to the Y: Don't ever...ever, ask us for support again. You had a golden opportunity to mobilize people and you left us hanging.
Hung out to dry by the Y

Little Falls, NY

#6 Jan 28, 2013
Please please PLEASE don't tell us that with all your college degrees, and doctors licenses, and lawyer licenses, you called out over 500 people to support you, most of whom probably having no idea of the sort of inevitable retaliation they will suffer from the Mayor and the Assessor as a result of signing your petition, with absolutely no plans to actually continue the fight, or to lead the people who signed your petition, or really any follow-up plans at all.

Please don't tell us that's what you did. Because only a bunch of totally irresponsible schmucks would do that.
Bad Enough

Rome, NY

#7 Jan 28, 2013
Please please PLEASE don't tell us that with all your college degrees, and doctors licenses, and lawyer licenses, you called out over 500 people to support you, most of whom probably having no idea of the sort of inevitable retaliation they will suffer from the Mayor and the Assessor as a result of signing your petition, with absolutely no plans to actually continue the fight, or to lead the people who signed your petition, or really any follow-up plans at all.
Please don't tell us that's what you did. Because only a bunch of totally irresponsible schmucks would do that.
Bart, should you have signed this petition given your position as an officer of the court?
Hung out to dry by the Y

Little Falls, NY

#8 Jan 28, 2013
Bad Enough wrote:
<quoted text>
Bart, should you have signed this petition given your position as an officer of the court?
DUH. Of course he should have. That's why we entrust people with licenses and make them officers...do to the right thing.

Now, the right thing is to follow up and finish what you started. I can't believe this group didn't already have a follow=up agenda prepared in advance, to follow up upon and continue to organize the 500 people who were willing to sign on the line to support them.
PT Barnum

Ilion, NY

#9 Jan 28, 2013
<quoted text>
DUH. Of course he should have. That's why we entrust people with licenses and make them officers...do to the right thing.
Now, the right thing is to follow up and finish what you started. I can't believe this group didn't already have a follow=up agenda prepared in advance, to follow up upon and continue to organize the 500 people who were willing to sign on the line to support them.
500 born every minute!! You are so stupid / gullible! You fell for the sob story "boo hoo, the YMCA will have to close if we have to pay a couple thousand dollars in taxes off our million dollar revenues...boo hoo!!! We may have to get rid of silver slippers if we have to pay these dreadful taxes!!" QUICK!!!! Let's all sign a petition and SAVE THE Y!!!!

Same suckers who fall for every sob story so you vote to raise taxes to pay for more food stamps & welfare then you are somehow shocked that food prices seem to always go up when more food stamp money becomes available??

You hurt for unwed mothers so you vote to raise taxes to fund more and more abortions then are AGHAST when you find out more girl babies are killed than boys.

You agree it's a tough economy so you vote to raise taxes to increase unemployment benefits for up to 99 weeks then bitch and moan about the unemployed drinking beer at Ed & Bud's.

You think America is just a little too outspoken and cocky so you vote for increased foreign aid to countries that still hate us and blow up our citizens.

You bash the rich and elite but line up like sheep to vote them into office and sign their petitions then seem just shocked that nothing changed!

You abhor violence so you agree with taking away guns from peaceful non-violent citizens leaving assault rifles only in the hands of criminals yet you are SHOCKED when you get robbed / beaten / raped / murdered...after all...you had a "this is a gun free zone" sign out in front of your house!!

Yes you liberals...you are suckers! Now be good little boys and girls and pay your dues to the Y and shop at the overpriced cooperative...that's nice...a little more money in the register please! Oh...just ignore the felons and criminals in the temp housing...pretty soon you'll get used to them!

Love,
PT Barnum
Earharts Boyfriend

New Hartford, NY

#10 Jan 29, 2013
"Wait".
CCofLF

Ilion, NY

#11 Jan 29, 2013
PT Barnum wrote:
<quoted text>
500 born every minute!! You are so stupid / gullible! You fell for the sob story "boo hoo, the YMCA will have to close if we have to pay a couple thousand dollars in taxes off our million dollar revenues...boo hoo!!! We may have to get rid of silver slippers if we have to pay these dreadful taxes!!" QUICK!!!! Let's all sign a petition and SAVE THE Y!!!!
Same suckers who fall for every sob story so you vote to raise taxes to pay for more food stamps & welfare then you are somehow shocked that food prices seem to always go up when more food stamp money becomes available??
You hurt for unwed mothers so you vote to raise taxes to fund more and more abortions then are AGHAST when you find out more girl babies are killed than boys.
You agree it's a tough economy so you vote to raise taxes to increase unemployment benefits for up to 99 weeks then bitch and moan about the unemployed drinking beer at Ed & Bud's.
You think America is just a little too outspoken and cocky so you vote for increased foreign aid to countries that still hate us and blow up our citizens.
You bash the rich and elite but line up like sheep to vote them into office and sign their petitions then seem just shocked that nothing changed!
You abhor violence so you agree with taking away guns from peaceful non-violent citizens leaving assault rifles only in the hands of criminals yet you are SHOCKED when you get robbed / beaten / raped / murdered...after all...you had a "this is a gun free zone" sign out in front of your house!!
Yes you liberals...you are suckers! Now be good little boys and girls and pay your dues to the Y and shop at the overpriced cooperative...that's nice...a little more money in the register please! Oh...just ignore the felons and criminals in the temp housing...pretty soon you'll get used to them!
Love,
PT Barnum
If this wasn't so true I think I would be offended!?
duped

United States

#12 Jan 29, 2013
PT Barnum wrote:
<quoted text>
Love,
PT Barnum
Ouch. I do feel duped. Ok, what do we do now genius? Do you have a better plan...prolly not!
Sea Lawyer

Utica, NY

#13 Jan 29, 2013
PT Barnum wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh...just ignore the felons and criminals in the temp housing...pretty soon you'll get used to them!
Love,
PT Barnum
It seems as if not only are we being asked to ignore the criminals in the temp housing, but we are also being asked to ignore the criminals running City Hall.

"Man with head in sand has butt in air." If Confucious never said that, he probably should have.
At MSF Headquarters

Little Falls, NY

#14 Jan 29, 2013
Tony: "Pass that thing , Grassler, you ain't Humpy Bogart"
Bart:(giggling uncontrollably) "It's my turn to set up the Twister board"
Chico: "I get to drink the bongwater, you had it last time, Doc!"
Jeff: " Ya ever really took a long look at yer bellybutton?"
And the beat goes on......
And the beat goes on..........
Mountie Mom

Little Falls, NY

#15 Jan 29, 2013
But srlsy. What is going on and how can we continue to help? I signed it, too.
PT Barnum

Ilion, NY

#16 Jan 29, 2013
Mountie Mom wrote:
But srlsy. What is going on and how can we continue to help? I signed it, too.
NOTHING is going on my tender little ewe...just fall back in line and continue to trust in the elite...they afterall do know what's best for you, right?
Prince Velveeta

Fort Plain, NY

#17 Jan 29, 2013
Wow, I bet bandwidth had a serious drop at canal place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
big golf match at the muni betweeen dp and pez 15 min neighbor 19
Why MSF 2 hr Why MSF 5
Third Thursday's 2 hr Why MSF 8
News Little Falls Woman Has 'Escape' Added to Her Li... 4 hr robbie 21
Tax Man Gone Thu The Shadow 9
Drug bust on Salisbury St? Wed Cody 20
Gansevoort St Block Party Wed Cool 36

Little Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance