Hizzoner the mayor
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
thankful

Herkimer, NY

#1 Jun 11, 2011
We should thank Mayor Bob Peters for promising to run a positive campaign on the issues. That's what we need as we decide how to go forward. Thanks! Let's hope that Topix posters catch on too.
issues

Little Falls, NY

#2 Jun 11, 2011
thankful wrote:
We should thank Mayor Bob Peters for promising to run a positive campaign on the issues. That's what we need as we decide how to go forward. Thanks! Let's hope that Topix posters catch on too.
His letter said he runs on his record. I say this in all politeness: I am not impressed with or happy with his record, or the "my way or the highway" way he runs this City, and he will not have my vote. Sorry, there is no positive way to say this.

PS I am not a Margie supporter either. I am waiting for a decent Republican to cast his or her hat into the ring.
Linda Vincent

United States

#3 Jun 11, 2011
I hope that Linda Vincent does run. If she does, she has my support.

P.S. I agree %100 with the previous post "issues"
Jean Linen

Little Falls, NY

#4 Jun 11, 2011
issues wrote:
<quoted text>
His letter said he runs on his record. I say this in all politeness: I am not impressed with or happy with his record, or the "my way or the highway" way he runs this City, and he will not have my vote. Sorry, there is no positive way to say this.
PS I am not a Margie supporter either. I am waiting for a decent Republican to cast his or her hat into the ring.
The mayor MUST have been misprinted. What they published was "I want to run on my record," but he must have meant "I want to run OVER my record."

That's the only thing that makes sense. That, or he's even stupider than I thought.
The Issues

Little Falls, NY

#5 Jun 11, 2011
thankful wrote:
Margie's dishonesty and lack of any successful contribution to the civic life of Little Falls are among the issues. So too is her status as the de facto MSF candidate. So too is her husband and his knack for getting arrested by the Little Falls police.
Really

United States

#6 Jun 11, 2011
Jean Linen wrote:
<quoted text>
The mayor MUST have been misprinted. What they published was "I want to run on my record," but he must have meant "I want to run OVER my record."
That's the only thing that makes sense. That, or he's even stupider than I thought.
No matter what that's a very nasty thing to say. I would say you are the stupid one hiding behind topix. Would you say that to his face?

Why are putting your neck out there and running?
I agree

Little Falls, NY

#7 Jun 11, 2011
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter what that's a very nasty thing to say. I would say you are the stupid one hiding behind topix. Would you say that to his face?
Why are putting your neck out there and running?
The problems Mayor Peters faces are not solved by one city in CNY they are widespread throughout NY, the North and even all of America. Sniping at him for the last four years has just raised everyone's blood pressure and made LF a divided community. And if you think Margie Widay is the answer you must be smoking dope.
nice person

West Leyden, NY

#8 Jun 12, 2011
I agree wrote:
<quoted text>
The problems Mayor Peters faces are not solved by one city in CNY they are widespread throughout NY, the North and even all of America. Sniping at him for the last four years has just raised everyone's blood pressure and made LF a divided community. And if you think Margie Widay is the answer you must be smoking dope.
That is basically right,except for the divided city comment.Yea,there are a few of you who dislike him on here,but the majority are pleased with his dedication and concern.
Smart Alex

Herkimer, NY

#9 Jun 12, 2011
thankful wrote:
We should thank Mayor Bob Peters for promising to run a positive campaign on the issues. That's what we need as we decide how to go forward. Thanks!
Yep! And he'll let his goon squad do the character assassinations on Topix!
I agree

Little Falls, NY

#10 Jun 12, 2011
nice person wrote:
<quoted text>That is basically right,except for the divided city comment.Yea,there are a few of you who dislike him on here,but the majority are pleased with his dedication and concern.
Your right, when you read topix with all the negativity you start to think it represents LF. But you are right the vast majority know Mayor Peters has done a solid job under tough economic times and THANK him for all is hard work.
Smart Alex

Herkimer, NY

#11 Jun 12, 2011
I agree wrote:
<quoted text>
Your right, when you read topix with all the negativity you start to think it represents LF. But you are right the vast majority know Mayor Peters has done a solid job under tough economic times and THANK him for all is hard work.
Says the mayor's Topix PR machine...
Bwahahaha

Little Falls, NY

#12 Jun 12, 2011
Smart Alex wrote:
Yep! And he'll let his goon squad do the character assassinations on Topix!
It is NOT character assassination if it is TRUE. Your carpetbagging candidate Margie has just been caught telling a whopper of a lie about her resume (she claimed she is a member of the bicentennial committee, but she is not), and her husband seems to have a knack for getting arrested by the LFPD. And if you bother talking to Margie, it takes all of two seconds to figure out she is as dumb as a burlap bag of bricks. And you think she would not be a disaster as a mayor?
Smart Alex

Herkimer, NY

#13 Jun 13, 2011
Bwahahaha wrote:
<quoted text>
It is NOT character assassination if it is TRUE. Your carpetbagging candidate Margie has just been caught telling a whopper of a lie about her resume (she claimed she is a member of the bicentennial committee
Really? Where did she say that?
Answer

New York, NY

#14 Jun 13, 2011
Smart Alex wrote:
Really? Where did she say that?
In her press release to the Evening Times. That article was user-provided content. Busted!
willingtotalk

Herkimer, NY

#15 Jun 13, 2011
Answer wrote:
<quoted text>
In her press release to the Evening Times. That article was user-provided content. Busted!
I've asked 1,000 times for proof of this assertion and none has been forthcoming. So here goes for the 1,001st time, to no avail again I'm sure...
Doh

Little Falls, NY

#16 Jun 13, 2011
willingtotalk wrote:
I've asked 1,000 times for proof of this assertion and none has been forthcoming. So here goes for the 1,001st time, to no avail again I'm sure...
You have stubbornly ignored the evidence, since you are in the tank for Margie the Mendacious. But just go talk to somebody who knows ... at the paper, on the committee, or Margie herself. Why ask anonymous people on the internet when you can get off your lazy butt and get it first hand?
Dan

Charlotte, NC

#19 Jun 14, 2011
What is needed to be mayor:
A willingness to do the job.
A desire to see Little Falls improve.

99.9% of us don't pass this test...
so we need to be supportive of the 00.1% that do.
eat your hat

Schenectady, NY

#20 Jun 14, 2011
Doh wrote:
<quoted text>
You have stubbornly ignored the evidence, since you are in the tank for Margie the Mendacious. But just go talk to somebody who knows ... at the paper, on the committee, or Margie herself. Why ask anonymous people on the internet when you can get off your lazy butt and get it first hand?
Have you checked out willing's new threads? He took your advice and contacted the paper. Interesting.
Wrong

New York, NY

#21 Jun 14, 2011
eat your hat wrote:
Have you checked out willing's new threads? He took your advice and contacted the paper. Interesting.
I am very glad that those threads have started, because I have hoped all along that somebody would introduce the facts about who sent the press release, and under what circumstances. I expect that this is going to reveal not only that Margie sent a press release claiming to be on the bicentennial committee, but also that she was not authorized to speak for the committee and did so anyway in a very childish and disruptive attempt to get more press coverage for her party that she was organizing even at the expense of press coverage for the main events of the day.

She simply does not work well with others.
the truth emerges

Little Falls, NY

#22 Jun 14, 2011
Wrong wrote:
I am very glad that those threads have started, because I have hoped all along that somebody would introduce the facts about who sent the press release, and under what circumstances. I expect that this is going to reveal not only that Margie sent a press release claiming to be on the bicentennial committee, but also that she was not authorized to speak for the committee and did so anyway in a very childish and disruptive attempt to get more press coverage for her party that she was organizing even at the expense of press coverage for the main events of the day.
She simply does not work well with others.
That is pretty much exactly what happened. Margie wanted to have the spotlight on her and get her own name in the paper, and so she tried to preempt the bicentennial committee press release by issuing her own press release first. But she spoke in the name of the committee without their permission, she spoke off message, and she lied to the paper about her membership on the committee and her permission to speak for the committee. Very bad. People got really mad about it. I wonder how the paper will word their correction, since they printed the PR they got accurately, but what they got was fraudulent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Superiority Complex 1 hr Evangelicals Amon... 1
I miss you, and I love you 10 hr Trust M Faith 1
PEZ was at Ed and Bud's this morning! 13 hr Rogers 15
Elks Porch 18 hr The DaVinci Codes 6
LF Wrestling Coach Thu PaulYesford 20
Sanctuary State Thu Upstate NY Econom... 5
who owns shumaker mtn??????? Thu Sally 7

Little Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance