Price Chopper Little Falls

Posted in the Little Falls Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Holidays Are Coming

Syracuse, NY

#1 Oct 20, 2013
Does anyone know the time frame for the opening of that Price Chopper that is being built in the center of the city?
I was just wondering if they had a scheduled date in mind that anyone knew about.
It's a great store. Can't wait till it opens.
Man

Cicero, NY

#2 Oct 21, 2013
Based on the curren speed of progress at the site, about 2049
Heard

Little Falls, NY

#3 Oct 21, 2013
According to Mayor Peters, November 2013. Sometime next month.
observer

Belmont, MA

#4 Oct 21, 2013
I to cannot wait till its open, however I will be shocked if its open by January there is little progress it seems.
City official

New Hartford, NY

#5 Oct 21, 2013
May
City resident

Little Falls, NY

#6 Oct 21, 2013
City official wrote:
May
May not..........
lpool

Cicero, NY

#7 Oct 21, 2013
The speed of the build is most impressive. Main Street looks particularly attractive with this new edition.
Lawman

Hamilton, NY

#8 Nov 7, 2013
Observer-Dispatch
Posted Nov 06, 2013 @ 01:24 PM

Read more: http://www.uticaod.com/news/x1783715111/Cerem...

LITTLE FALLS

A ceremonial groundbreaking for the new Price Chopper in Little Falls is set for Friday.

The event will begin at 11 a.m. at 555 E. Main St. in the city.

Select Price Chopper executives and elected officials will be at the event.

A luncheon will be held immediately following in order to find out more about a project at the Bella Vista Restaurant on state Route 167 in Little Falls.

Read more: http://www.uticaod.com/news/x1783715111/Cerem...
Just Saying

Herkimer, NY

#9 Nov 7, 2013
Lawman wrote:
A ceremonial groundbreaking for the new Price Chopper in Little Falls is set for Friday.
The event will begin at 11 a.m. at 555 E. Main St. in the city.
Select Price Chopper executives and elected officials will be at the event.
Has the mayor invited Main Street First to help cut the ribbon? If not, then he should be ashamed of himself. It was Main Street First that brought us the Price Chopper downtown while he fought against it tooth and nail, and he even refused to participate in their public hearings on it.
lpool

Ardsley, NY

#10 Nov 7, 2013
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
Has the mayor invited Main Street First to help cut the ribbon? If not, then he should be ashamed of himself. It was Main Street First that brought us the Price Chopper downtown while he fought against it tooth and nail, and he even refused to participate in their public hearings on it.
I'm sure he has invited himself. Ought to be quite the show.
Just Saying

Somerville, MA

#11 Nov 7, 2013
Let's ask Real Rob

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#12 Nov 7, 2013
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that correct? It has been a few years now but the public hearing held at Benton Hall Auditorium was about an effort to develop the quarry and that Main St. First was against it because it would be running against established main street business. Business like Big M, the bakery, etc. Did Main street first actually "bring in" Price Chopper to the Big M site? It seems to be a project solely done by the owner of the site and PC. The store being built is a new concept for PC as the store is considerably smaller that the usual PC supermarket.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#13 Nov 7, 2013
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
The Mayor and the Common Council was invited by the developers of the PC store. I do not know if any other group was. I would not be surprised if Main st. first was invited. This is a private venture, would it not be improper for the Mayor to invite anyone at all?
Just Saying

Somerville, MA

#14 Nov 7, 2013
HawaiiStyleDave wrote:
<quoted text>Is that correct? It has been a few years now but the public hearing held at Benton Hall Auditorium was about an effort to develop the quarry and that Main St. First was against it because it would be running against established main street business. Business like Big M, the bakery, etc. Did Main street first actually "bring in" Price Chopper to the Big M site? It seems to be a project solely done by the owner of the site and PC. The store being built is a new concept for PC as the store is considerably smaller that the usual PC supermarket.
If there is any humanity left in LF I hope you get pummeled for this ridiculous and self serving statement.

Thank you, MSF. You may not get your picture in the paper like Dave, but many of us know who fought for our downtown...and who fought against it.
Just Saying

Somerville, MA

#15 Nov 7, 2013
HawaiiStyleDave wrote:
<quoted text>Is that correct? It has been a few years now but the public hearing held at Benton Hall Auditorium was about an effort to develop the quarry and that Main St. First was against it because it would be running against established main street business. Business like Big M, the bakery, etc. Did Main street first actually "bring in" Price Chopper to the Big M site? It seems to be a project solely done by the owner of the site and PC. The store being built is a new concept for PC as the store is considerably smaller that the usual PC supermarket.
So if it only had to do with the owner and Price Chopper, why will you and the mayor be there, Dave?
OMG

Herkimer, NY

#16 Nov 7, 2013
HawaiiStyleDave wrote:
I cannot believe how you are trying to change history, you irrelevant Topix-troll. We were there. MSF did bring Price Chopper in: they used their own freaking money (thousands of freaking dollars) to hire Synthesis to draw the plans and get the Price Chopper. Are you so daft as not to know that MSF hired Synthesis because the owner of that firm has a family connection to both Little Falls and Price Chopper??!! And MSF was against ruining the downtown, not protecting this or that business. You are just a freaking trouble-maker.
Thank You MSF

Herkimer, NY

#17 Nov 7, 2013
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is any humanity left in LF I hope you get pummeled for this ridiculous and self serving statement.
Thank you, MSF. You may not get your picture in the paper like Dave, but many of us know who fought for our downtown...and who fought against it.
Peters fought really hard for at least a full year against MSF and the plan to put Price Chopper in Shoppers Square. He even refused to go to their first two public hearings on the plan to put Price Chopper downtown. The many brave and caring citizens of Little Falls who supported MSF worked hard to do what the city refused to do: plan a downtown grocery store. WE REMEMBER!!!!!
Thank You MSF

Herkimer, NY

#18 Nov 7, 2013
HawaiiStyleDave wrote:
MSF held THREE public hearings on a downtown Price Chopper you ingrate! The mayor point-blank refused to attend the first two public hearings. He only came to the last one, when MSF spent thousands of its own dollars to hire a very well connected city planning firm to develop a proposal for the Price Chopper. This is all in the newspapers, so do NOT try to change history. WE REMEMBER!!!! And if MSF was all about protecting Big M then why did they spend thousands of their own dollars to get us a Price Chopper???? Resign in DISGRACE you lying trouble-maker!!!!!
Nobody Special

Little Falls, NY

#19 Nov 7, 2013
HawaiiStyleDave wrote:
Dave,
One of the finest gentlemen I have ever known, a well-respected local man who has since passed away, was a very active participant in MSF, and either knew, or had connections somehow, with the Golub's, who are the owners of the Price Chopper Chain. It was mostly his personal connections that brought PC and the owner of the site together. So it would be a stretch to say that it was MSF per se that brought in PC. Most accurate to say that an active participant in MSF brought the parties together. MSF did play a huge role, in convincing the site owners and PC that Little Falls was worth the investment. Probably the most important work MSF did was exposing and stopping Bobby's insane plan to try to develop that old Quarry. As long as the City was publicly contemplating the creation of a new retail site on the edge of the City, few would have been interested in investing on Main Street. Only with the Quarry project off the table did Main Street look like a worthwhile investment to these folks.
Nobody Special

Little Falls, NY

#20 Nov 7, 2013
HawaiiStyleDave wrote:
<quoted text>The Mayor and the Common Council was invited by the developers of the PC store. I do not know if any other group was. I would not be surprised if Main st. first was invited. This is a private venture, would it not be improper for the Mayor to invite anyone at all?
Showing up and taking credit sounds likely like something the Mayor would do. It will only make this man, who is already petty and ridiculous, seem even more petty and ridiculous. But I suspect that won't stop Bobby. Appearing petty and ridiculous has never stopped him before, and I have little hope that it ever will.

BOBBY, I'll tell you what, here's how you should play it.

"Thank you ladies and gentlemen for inviting me. I feel a bit awkward, because everyone in the City knows how vehemently I originally opposed this project. Well, no one is perfect and now that the walls are going up, even I've got to admit that building a new store right here downtown was a great idea. But, like I said, I can't take any credit for it. So I'd like to publicly thank MSF, and a lot of other citizens of the City for having the vision that I didn't see at the time. Cheers for them."

And leave the stupid Top Hat at home.

There. Easy. All you have to do. No charge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pez is FURIOUS!! 1 hr Pee Ee Zee 2
Ignorant racists 1 hr Call me Ishmael 2
Canal Days Pathetic 11 hr Former comittee 11
News Shakespeare Comes To the Utica Zoo 17 hr Pez 2
Ta Da ! Presto Chango! Wed Filthy Falls 3
Does anyone know what's going on with this case? Wed neighbor 3
Politics Palooza Wed Prince Velveeta 2

Little Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance