County should refund the City.

Posted in the Little Falls Forum

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#1 Apr 26, 2013
The County Assessor Office, in my opinion, owes the City of Little Falls a refund. The City contracted for an assessor. The assessor reevaluated the tax status of rental and retail properties owned by the YMCA. This resulted in a YMCA lawsuit on the City. That resulted in Resolution 18 to defund the Citys lawsuit defense. The County Assessment Supervisor did nothing to correct our Contracted Assessor or to point out the specific laws that protected the YMCA properties. The County did not Contact the City of Little Falls on the specific laws that protected the YMCA properties. If our contracted assessor was incorrect the County took no steps to correct the assessors course of action. However if our contracted assessor was following the law and by doing so would not be subject to corrective counciling by a Supervisor, then I can surmise that the contracted Assessor was following a correct course of action. With that said the County then suddenly restructured its offices and layed off the one key player in the City of Little Falls defense in an on-going lawsuit,our Contracted Assessor. This has been poorly handled by the County and the County should refund the City monies spent in lawsuit defense and contracted services. Someone in the County needs to be held responsible and subject to adverse action.
Just Saying

Little Falls, NY

#2 Apr 26, 2013
HawaiiStyleDave wrote:
The County Assessor Office, in my opinion, owes the City of Little Falls a refund. The City contracted for an assessor. The assessor reevaluated the tax status of rental and retail properties owned by the YMCA. This resulted in a YMCA lawsuit on the City. That resulted in Resolution 18 to defund the Citys lawsuit defense. The County Assessment Supervisor did nothing to correct our Contracted Assessor or to point out the specific laws that protected the YMCA properties. The County did not Contact the City of Little Falls on the specific laws that protected the YMCA properties. If our contracted assessor was incorrect the County took no steps to correct the assessors course of action. However if our contracted assessor was following the law and by doing so would not be subject to corrective counciling by a Supervisor, then I can surmise that the contracted Assessor was following a correct course of action. With that said the County then suddenly restructured its offices and layed off the one key player in the City of Little Falls defense in an on-going lawsuit,our Contracted Assessor. This has been poorly handled by the County and the County should refund the City monies spent in lawsuit defense and contracted services. Someone in the County needs to be held responsible and subject to adverse action.
Are you deliberately trying to make Peters and Presta look like rogues now? Either you are amazingly stupid, or you have reached a new low in backstabbing ... which is it?
Earth to Dave

Herkimer, NY

#3 Apr 26, 2013
HawaiiStyleDave wrote:
The County Assessor Office, in my opinion, owes the City of Little Falls a refund. The City contracted for an assessor. The assessor reevaluated the tax status of rental and retail properties owned by the YMCA. This resulted in a YMCA lawsuit on the City. That resulted in Resolution 18 to defund the Citys lawsuit defense. The County Assessment Supervisor did nothing to correct our Contracted Assessor or to point out the specific laws that protected the YMCA properties.
First of all, Dave, it's "counseling," not "counciling". Second of all, BECAUSE you voted to end the city's defense of itself in the YMCA lawsuit, there was no legal determination made that the city - and therefore the assessor and the assessment - was wrong and/or illegal.

You can't seriously be this dumb, Dave. The people who deserve a refund are those of us who are paying you $1,200 a year for this gibberish.
Earth to Dave

Herkimer, NY

#4 Apr 26, 2013
HawaiiStyleDave wrote:
Dave, in another thread, in response to JamaicanStyleJean, your response was that they should bring their issue before the city council if they would like it addressed. Are you now so far removed from reality that you think posting something on Topix is an avenue for redress? What planet are you on, Dave? THIS IS TOPIX, DAVE, NOT THE REAL WORLD!
duh

Herkimer, NY

#5 Apr 26, 2013
And besides all that you idiots couldn't wait to hire her. Could be there was a local person who could have used a job. I was told there was a cost savings with hiring the village idiot, according to the budget minimal if any. Another Burrelson, Peters lie.
Litguy

Little Falls, NY

#6 Apr 26, 2013
The actual contract between the city and county for assessor services must be examined. I hafta think that there is a certain independence of the assessor. What I mean is that the county just cannot simply step in any time they want to " correct" any situation they deem needs to be corrected. The county has several assessors and many places they contract services. Maybe a new look and different assessor viewpoint is exactly what this issue needed. If a separate assessor concluded the same as Joy did then would that give even more credibility to Joy,s assertions.
We contracted with the county for assessor services not Joy's service. Maybe shifting assessors around some would help. Fresh eyes. Also, that would prevent an assessor becoming to chummy with local leaders and stay detached politically from towns.
Earth to Dave

Herkimer, NY

#7 Apr 26, 2013
duh wrote:
And besides all that you idiots couldn't wait to hire her. Could be there was a local person who could have used a job. I was told there was a cost savings with hiring the village idiot, according to the budget minimal if any. Another Burrelson, Peters lie.
Seriously! I mean it was Dave who voted to terminate the county contract, create a city position, and hire Joy. And now Dave is wondering how all this happened. What in God's name is he smoking?!?!

EARTH TO DAVE!!!
Agree

Syracuse, NY

#8 Apr 26, 2013
Earth to Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, Dave, it's "counseling," not "counciling". Second of all, BECAUSE you voted to end the city's defense of itself in the YMCA lawsuit, there was no legal determination made that the city - and therefore the assessor and the assessment - was wrong and/or illegal.
You can't seriously be this dumb, Dave. The people who deserve a refund are those of us who are paying you $1,200 a year for this gibberish.
Also the taxpayers of LF who are footing the legal bills deserve a credit.
Agree

Herkimer, NY

#9 Apr 26, 2013
Agree wrote:
<quoted text>
Also the taxpayers of LF who are footing the legal bills deserve a credit.
I think we should make Peters and Burleson personally reimburse us for all of our money they have wasted.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#10 Apr 26, 2013
Hello everyone. Thank you for your wonderful posts. And thank you to those who sent messages to HawaiiStyleDave.aol.com . I shall be away from topix for one week. If it is available on friday, I shall post the Agenda for the next Common Council Meeting on tues. the 7th of May. See you there!
JamaicaStyle Jean

Herkimer, NY

#11 Apr 26, 2013
HawaiiStyleDave wrote:
Hello everyone. Thank you for your wonderful posts. And thank you to those who sent messages to HawaiiStyleDave.aol.com . I shall be away from topix for one week. If it is available on friday, I shall post the Agenda for the next Common Council Meeting on tues. the 7th of May. See you there!
Couldn't stand the heat so he's running out of the kitchen, with all our questions about City hiring practices unanswered.
Napolean

Herkimer, NY

#12 Apr 27, 2013
advice for HSD
In politics... never retreat, never retract... never admit a mistake.
The Real Napoleon

Little Falls, NY

#13 Apr 29, 2013
Napolean wrote:
advice for HSD
In politics... never retreat, never retract... never admit a mistake.
Advice for HSD: God favors the big battalions, and you are a one-man band that can't even play on tune. Find a new hobby and save yourself the stress and a possible heart attack from fighting with 4800 people that now loathe you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Motorcycle Single Dating 1 hr Cheezzy Rider 2
Copper Moose Ale House 1 hr crafty 322
Obama Ebola Ebonics 3 hr The Friendly Gene 115
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 4 hr postcranium 6,469
Mountie football 16 hr bluelightpast 48
Sheila from alpine (Feb '14) 18 hr The Friendly Gene 24
"Nerd"erellies on Flint Ave 18 hr quiet Family 12

Little Falls Jobs

Little Falls People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Little Falls News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Little Falls

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]