let canal days end!!!
Not Impressed

Rome, NY

#1 Aug 15, 2010
The parade sucked, the kid rides where horrible, trash over the street, trash walking the streets. Trees broken at Mcdonalds, and now W main street. Obviously, the work of some tough guys walking home after a night drinking at the children's parade.

What the hell was that ignorant black fellow doing carrying a python around the park. In case you didn't know moron children for the most part do not like snakes, and I can't imagine the snake was happy swinging around your neck in a crowded park. Just so you know the talking on the cell phone, smoking, with the snake thing is not a cool look. It is more the look of a ignorant ass.. Where where the police?

What ever happened to our smoke free parks campaign. I watched ride operators strap in kids while smoking.... I seen a couple police, but apparently they where just there to pick up little girls, and not to inforce the laws. What a sad joke this years Canal Days turned out to be.

Great job Little Falls...
little falls resident

West Leyden, NY

#2 Aug 15, 2010
well said how about the drinking on Main st.also on Albany st. wake up Canel Days has become a weekend of drinking
Beer Drinker

AOL

#3 Aug 15, 2010
little falls resident wrote:
well said how about the drinking on Main st.also on Albany st. wake up Canel Days has become a weekend of drinking
... and what is wrong with that?
grow up

United States

#4 Aug 15, 2010
Beer Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
... and what is wrong with that?
C'mon buddy. It's not always all about you.

Like it or not, alchohol has ruined parts of Canal Days. And there's no reason for it at all. In places like the Mannechor -- trust me, I know -- there are no limits. No matter how drunk a guy or woman is, they get served. In fact that is the single purpose for the club on Canal Days.

I didn't see trouble in E Park and actually thought it was quieter than other C Ds. But Main Street is out of control. You can't walk there without being harassed.

Still, on balance, C Ds is still a good thing for LF just because of all the friends we get to see while out and about.

Smoke Free parks? Let's get er done.
You Grow Up

AOL

#5 Aug 15, 2010
Come on Buddy. It's not all about you either. Canal Days would not exist if it wasn't for the bars. They should allow them to stay open all night and let the bands play until 2:00 AM. Since we don't have any industry here, we need to bring money in here somehow and Canal Days does a good job doing it.
Just Mentioning

West Leyden, NY

#6 Aug 15, 2010
"Canal Days" is just an excuse for 'merchants' to set up booths peddleing cheap Chinese-made crap under the guise of "arts and crafts", parade floats that are little more than 'vote for me' political come-ons and the the opportunity for every junk dealer on Main Street to haul their trash out onto the sidewalks.
LF Beer Drinker

AOL

#7 Aug 15, 2010
I would rather be buying American made beer over that Chinese made crap anyday. I might get the genny screamers in the morning, but at least I bought America.
grow up

United States

#8 Aug 15, 2010
You Grow Up wrote:
Come on Buddy. It's not all about you either. Canal Days would not exist if it wasn't for the bars. They should allow them to stay open all night and let the bands play until 2:00 AM. Since we don't have any industry here, we need to bring money in here somehow and Canal Days does a good job doing it.
If you want music until 2, find a field somewhere. Like maybe down in the industrial park.

I you want the bars to stay open all night, run for state office.

In the meantime, on Canal Nights, pee in toilets, stop screaming obscenities to others on Main Street, and be a good buddy to the guy next to you -- keep him and her safe. But you don't own the city.

And by the way, the garlic festival brings plenty of traffic, sans booze.
Lupino Park

Waterloo, NY

#9 Aug 15, 2010
We need more space. Too bad Shoppers Paradise is in the way.

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx165/ishm...
they left maam

Summerville, SC

#10 Aug 15, 2010
Not Impressed wrote:
Where where the police?
You must have missed this thread about the officers that left since Masi became AC/Chief. He may as well have been chief when Deluca was there. He plowed his way right over Gregg and ran people out then too. Feel free to add anyone who is missing.

Schwabrow
Ames
Lanphere
Petrie
Kapusta
Getman
Monahan
Briggs
Beach
Manley
Maccammon
Crossett
Fox
Olson
Congdon
Wright
Leszynski
Bailey
Farber
Dean
Holt
Blowers
Dirhberg

That should answer your question. LF is a bit short on cops. Down to 5 at last count. It was 15 just a few years ago, but hey, you are saving money. Hiring from a temp agency is very innovative.
The state police should do that. A temp agency. God that's funny.
Good job Mike.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
184 Moreland st. L.F dealing drugs 24/7 44 min Jose 6
the three best lawyers in area to get you your ... 15 hr Good guy 4
361 west main street 16 hr time for a change 22
361 West main street is a slum lord.He 17 hr Nothing but the t... 17
Another Nano NONO 23 hr CNN 4
Harry hall Sat Blazing Saddled 14
Brandon lamoine Sat TruthIs 1

Little Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance