Old Skool

New York, NY

#143 Sep 7, 2012
Just Nosey wrote:
<quoted text>
You couldn't possibly be more wrong...although I understand why you think this way. It's sad. People who think that way just aren't together in a good marriage with someone they really really love, and would do anything for, and plan and want to spend the rest of their lives with. It's a wonderful thing, and it's unfortunate that you haven't experienced this. Maybe someday.
Huh? Me? I have been happily married for decades.

But I can smell the coffee. Marriage has changed 100% since I got married. It is truly now just a civil contract. You can still get married in a church if you want, but legally that is just bells and whistles now.
lpool

United States

#144 Sep 7, 2012
Nosey, its because it is easier to just say oh well, things are hard and walk away. The people that don't marry have no idea what they are missing out on. Makes your life so much deeper. You bet its hard. But so damn worth it.
Prince velveeta

Fort Plain, NY

#145 Sep 7, 2012
UTLT wrote:
The major reason we are financially stressed...
WARS...
Bush-era tax cuts...
Department of Defense spending...
If it weren't for these...
The world would be much different.
LMAO! OK, Bush is to blame but, you totally omit the actions by Barry's wars of choice. Still under hypnosis that he's any different that Bush. They're both liars and international criminals.
Just Nosey

Little Falls, NY

#146 Sep 7, 2012
Old Skool wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? Me? I have been happily married for decades.
But I can smell the coffee. Marriage has changed 100% since I got married. It is truly now just a civil contract. You can still get married in a church if you want, but legally that is just bells and whistles now.
Well, I wish I could say that I'm happy for you, but I'm not. I cannot imagine that anyone who regards their marriage as no more than any other legal contract could actually be happy, truly happily married. If seeing your own marriage as a legal contract works well enough for you...well, I'm not casting any judgments, mind you, but I feel sad about that.
Prince velveeta

Fort Plain, NY

#147 Sep 7, 2012
UTLT wrote:
The major reason we are financially stressed...
WARS...
Bush-era tax cuts...
Department of Defense spending...
If it weren't for these...
The world would be much different.
I know you and the left/right sycophants like to think their is a difference so, I'll point you to this debate. I know you like your right counterparts do not have an open mind and really short attention spans but it's a thought provoking debate. You would never see this type of fair debate on US corporate media.
http://rt.com/programs/crosstalk/exceptional-...
liberal

New York, NY

#148 Sep 7, 2012
Shirley Hughgeste wrote:
If someone wants to have ice cream, why don't they just buy some milk, and some eggs, and some sugar, and get off their butts and MAKE their own ice cream? That's what I do. I work...I can't afford to buy ice cream. Plus, homemade, it tastes better and is more nutritious. Heck of a world where people on food stamps can afford to buy stuff that working people can't, but to tell the truth I suspect part of the problem is that making your own ice cream actually involves a bit of work...
maybe because they cant aford that 100 dollar ice cream maker you got.
LOL

Stillwater, NY

#149 Sep 7, 2012
liberal wrote:
<quoted text>maybe because they cant aford that 100 dollar ice cream maker you got.
Just buying it in the half gallon or tub would be cheaper.

But when it aint your money, who cares?

“Do SOMETHING !!!”

Since: Jan 08

Indian Trail, NC

#150 Sep 7, 2012
all work no play

Herkimer, NY

#151 Sep 7, 2012
UTLT wrote:
The ball is funny. You put the ingredients and the rock salt into a colorful, round plastic canister, and then have your kid sit there and shake it for 20 minutes. Presumably because the manufacturer calls it a "ball" you can convince the kid that this 20 minutes of shaking the canister is "playing". If my parents tried to get me to "play" by shaking an ice cream canister for 20 minutes, I would have flipped them off and then grabbed the EBT card and hitched a ride to Stewarts to buy a pint of ice cream.

Same with the ice cream in a can recipe: you have to get your child to roll the can around continuously while the cream crystallizes. Yup. That sounds like fun (not).
all work no play

Herkimer, NY

#152 Sep 7, 2012
Just Nosey wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I wish I could say that I'm happy for you, but I'm not. I cannot imagine that anyone who regards their marriage as no more than any other legal contract could actually be happy, truly happily married. If seeing your own marriage as a legal contract works well enough for you...well, I'm not casting any judgments, mind you, but I feel sad about that.
The key to a happy marriage is to get enough on the side.

“Do SOMETHING !!!”

Indian Trail, NC

#153 Sep 7, 2012
You don't make your kid roll the ball...
You sit in front of the TV...
And you roll it back and forth to each other.
You make a game of it.
It is fun!

You would consider 'flipping off' your parents ?

Shame on you.
yes

Fitchburg, MA

#154 Sep 7, 2012
Fart

“Do SOMETHING !!!”

Indian Trail, NC

#155 Sep 7, 2012
BRAVO...
The Berlin, CT poster has hit a home-run.
FART!
psshhh

Canajoharie, NY

#156 Sep 7, 2012
Just Nosey wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, and certainly there are exceptions, but it's pretty clear that your decision to become a single mother was a very bad one, from an economic perspective. Every study agrees that, on the whole, single mothers just don't do as well economically as married people. I realize that times are hard and that good jobs are hard to come by, but we also need to recognize our own role and the role that our own decisions, good and bad, play in our financial well-being. With freedom comes responsibility.
Like I stated before. I am with the father. I am not a single mother. Just because we are not married doesnt mean I'm single.
psshhh

Canajoharie, NY

#157 Sep 7, 2012
lpool wrote:
Marriage is just a piece of paper eh? Like [email protected] it is. It is a COMMITMENT to another person. A commitment to your family. A commitment to your god.
Maybe I am getting older but life is all about commitment. Commitment to do things that are freaking hard when the odds are long and things just plain suck. No one wants to act like adults and suck it up and deal with things. Just moan, piss and complain. Look around. The problem isn't Barry Obama or whoever else. Its us. Bunch of lazy, whiney cupcakes.
So because I'm not married that automatically means I'm not committed? I'm commited to my family, I'm committed to my boyfriend, I'm committed to my job. I'm not one to moan, piss, and complain. I worked up until two weeks before my due date. Yes I was sore. Yes I was tired, but I never called in. I was never once complaining. I was saying not all people on foodstamps abuse the system.
House

Herkimer, NY

#158 Sep 7, 2012
Are you trying to say you earned your SNAP card. Many woman work till the water brakes, then you call up your husband and say get home it's time. You got two weeks off that's pretty good. And by the way you had alittle bastard out of wedlock ! Can you say WICK you know what that means sure you do LMFAO
Indy

Brighton, CO

#159 Sep 8, 2012
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/...

What is a cold, hard fact, is that in the last accounting available to us (May), America's food stamp rolls increased by 173,000. In the last jobs numbers available to us (August), only 96,000 new jobs were created.

Yes, this is the record of a president running for reelection with the slogan "Forward."
Just Me

Herkimer, NY

#160 Sep 8, 2012
Indy wrote:
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-G overnment/2012/09/08/173k-food -stamps-96k-new-jobs
What is a cold, hard fact, is that in the last accounting available to us (May), America's food stamp rolls increased by 173,000. In the last jobs numbers available to us (August), only 96,000 new jobs were created.
Yes, this is the record of a president running for reelection with the slogan "Forward."
Sorry, but I am a conservative. I ain't voting for a Mormon billionaire hedge fund owner who doesn't pay taxes and who served as governor of Massachusetts (Taxachusetts) where he passed a universal health care bill. Are you crazy?
TANSTAAFL

Ilion, NY

#161 Sep 8, 2012
Just Me wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but I am a conservative. I ain't voting for a Mormon billionaire hedge fund owner who doesn't pay taxes and who served as governor of Massachusetts (Taxachusetts) where he passed a universal health care bill. Are you crazy?
Well, who are you voting for?

“Do SOMETHING !!!”

Indian Trail, NC

#162 Sep 8, 2012
Does the general FOOD STAMP anxiety exhibited here...
extend to the Free and Reduced price lunches for school children?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sucks that Little Falls will be in a HORROR movie 2 hr John Krasinksi 35
A Grand Old Flag 9 hr Junebug 5
Registered sex offenders 22 hr Good riddance 13
Rounds in jail Mon Betsy 17
Lydia Jouben Sun More 13
Town Supervisor election Sun Townres 68
Drug bust on Salisbury St? Sep 16 Woody 13

Little Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance