First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Question

Herkimer, NY

#185 Sep 9, 2012
Just Me wrote:
Christians will hesitate to vote for Obama and the party of baby-killers, and Christians will hesitate to vote for Romney the false-god worshiper who used his millions to buy the GOP and maybe even the presidency. Christians need to part ways with the world once again, and separate ourselves from the non-believers.
Hey, we elected a black man as president four years ago. In the spirit of fair-play, maybe it is time to let a non-Christian be president. My only problem with that is that Mormons have some really scary and strange doctrines. Will God get mad at us if we elect an idolator to lead us? What does the Bible say about that?
Indy

Brighton, CO

#186 Sep 9, 2012
http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/04/rev-jesse-j...
Rev. Jesse Jackson: Farmers, grocers to benefit from record food-stamps [VIDEO]

CHARLOTTE, N.C.— Rev. Jesse Jackson told The Daily Caller that farmers and grocers “will benefit” from increasing numbers of food stamp recipients in the United States.

Jackson said Tuesday that it’s “morally correct” to provide food stamps, when asked if the record-high 46.7 million recipients is a reflection of President Obama’s leadership.

“The people who would have been malnourished will get assistance. It means that farmers will benefit. The grocers will benefit, and it’s a humane thing to do and as our employment numbers go up, the food stamp numbers will come down and we’ve had an interesting dynamic here where we engaged it two wars, off budget, and the [Bush-era] tax cuts,” Jackson told TheDC at the Democratic National Convention.

Jackson said President George W. Bush’s policies created a “budget hole” which Obama is working to fix.

“We’re steadily coming out of that hole, and I think that the more we come out of the hole the more that the food stamps will go down,” said Jackson.

According to official U.S. Treasury figures, when President George W. Bush took office the total public debt stood at $5.7 trillion. When President Obama was sworn in after Bush’s two terms in office, the debt was $10.6 trillion. The total debt has reached $16.0 trillion.

“Feeding the hungry is the morally correct thing to do when people are malnourished. Suppose we didn’t have food stamps? Suppose we didn’t have Medicaid or Medicare? Providing a safety net for the needy is morally correct and when the economy gets better, those numbers will go down,” Jackson told TheDC.

Jackson also said the American people are better off than they were four years ago.

“Yes, under Bush we lost 4 million jobs. Now we’ve gained 4 million. That’s a swing of 8 million. That’s an upward trajectory and that trajectory must keep going upward. The automotive industry was gone. It’s back now,” he said.

“Do SOMETHING !!!”

Since: Jan 08

Indian Trail, NC

#187 Sep 9, 2012
Question wrote:
<quoted text>
In the spirit of fair-play, maybe it is time to let a non-Christian be president. My only problem with that is that Mormons have some really scary and strange doctrines.
Are you saying that MORMONS are not Christians?
The "LDS Articles" makes me think... they are.
http://www.christianpost.com/news/what-do-mor...
Bible Believer

Herkimer, NY

#188 Sep 9, 2012
UTLT wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that MORMONS are not Christians?
The "LDS Articles" makes me think... they are.
http://www.christianpost.com/news/what-do-mor...
Mormons are NOT Christians. They believe some really STRANGE things, like God was not always God and clawed his way to the top, and that Jesus and Satan are brothers. By letting a Mormon become President, God is setting us up for the end times. He warned us about this in the Book of Daniel.
Question

Herkimer, NY

#189 Sep 9, 2012
Bible Believer wrote:
<quoted text>
Mormons are NOT Christians. They believe some really STRANGE things, like God was not always God and clawed his way to the top, and that Jesus and Satan are brothers. By letting a Mormon become President, God is setting us up for the end times. He warned us about this in the Book of Daniel.
Do you mean that Romney is the Antichrist? Maybe his non-fatal wound was losing the GOP primary four years ago? Will he try to make a new Jerusalem in Missouri if he gets elected? Do the letters in his name add up to 666? Is that why he never uses his real name in public?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#190 Sep 10, 2012
@good for the village, thanks, the comment is appreciated.
Gary

Herkimer, NY

#191 Sep 10, 2012
Indy wrote:
http://dailycaller.com/2012/09 /04/rev-jesse-jackson-farmers- grocers-to-benefit-from-record -food-stamps-video/
Rev. Jesse Jackson: Farmers, grocers to benefit from record food-stamps [VIDEO]
CHARLOTTE, N.C.— Rev. Jesse Jackson told The Daily Caller that farmers and grocers “will benefit” from increasing numbers of food stamp recipients in the United States.
Jackson said Tuesday that it’s “morally correct” to provide food stamps, when asked if the record-high 46.7 million recipients is a reflection of President Obama’s leadership.
“The people who would have been malnourished will get assistance. It means that farmers will benefit. The grocers will benefit, and it’s a humane thing to do and as our employment numbers go up, the food stamp numbers will come down and we’ve had an interesting dynamic here where we engaged it two wars, off budget, and the [Bush-era] tax cuts,” Jackson told TheDC at the Democratic National Convention.
Jackson said President George W. Bush’s policies created a “budget hole” which Obama is working to fix.
“We’re steadily coming out of that hole, and I think that the more we come out of the hole the more that the food stamps will go down,” said Jackson.
According to official U.S. Treasury figures, when President George W. Bush took office the total public debt stood at $5.7 trillion. When President Obama was sworn in after Bush’s two terms in office, the debt was $10.6 trillion. The total debt has reached $16.0 trillion.
“Feeding the hungry is the morally correct thing to do when people are malnourished. Suppose we didn’t have food stamps? Suppose we didn’t have Medicaid or Medicare? Providing a safety net for the needy is morally correct and when the economy gets better, those numbers will go down,” Jackson told TheDC.
Jackson also said the American people are better off than they were four years ago.
“Yes, under Bush we lost 4 million jobs. Now we’ve gained 4 million. That’s a swing of 8 million. That’s an upward trajectory and that trajectory must keep going upward. The automotive industry was gone. It’s back now,” he said.
And?
Curious Forge

Little Falls, NY

#192 Sep 10, 2012
Just Me wrote:
<quoted text>
That is an interesting question. Christians are the followers of Jesus ... would Jesus follow Jesus? Duh. Then again, the Lord did submit to John's baptism. So I don't know if Jesus would call himself Christian if He walked the earth again tonight. But we do know that next time Jesus comes, it is with a fire and a sword and He will cleanse this land of its sins.
America needs to repent and return to the ways of the Lord. Christians will hesitate to vote for Obama and the party of baby-killers, and Christians will hesitate to vote for Romney the false-god worshiper who used his millions to buy the GOP and maybe even the presidency. Christians need to part ways with the world once again, and separate ourselves from the non-believers.
Hey, can you do me a favor? When be returns van you ask him to sword right up my ass? I always wanted to be divinely cornholed, plus I might have a 'roid up there that needs cauterizing.
Gary

Herkimer, NY

#193 Sep 10, 2012
Just Me wrote:
Christians need to part ways with the world once again, and separate ourselves from the non-believers.
Please do, that would be GREATLY appreciated!

“Do SOMETHING !!!”

Since: Jan 08

Indian Trail, NC

#194 Sep 10, 2012
Both food stamps (SNAP) and the school lunch program (NSLP)...
Are both Department of Agriculture programs.
Which is up for renewal in the next few weeks.

Location hidden

#195 Sep 13, 2012
To add to my earlier post I receive $800 a month for myself and 4 children, receive $600 a month in food stamps, my wife receives $500 for disability, she has a steel cage and bolts for a spine. We receive too much to get public assistance, which is fine, it would help, but we make do. Granted some bills don't get paid some months, but for now this is the choice I have, not one I am proud of. But, one thing in this situation I can say I am proud of is I am not just planning on receiving disability and food stamps the rest of my life, even though I could and have excellent reason to, more than most who do currently receive both. I think a person who is receiving disability or food stamps or any assistance that makes it so they do not have to work, should be required to earn a degree or get certified in another area of the work force that they will be capable of doing.The only problem I see is like with myself all of the prescription drugs I am on, would and could interfere with the work. I am hoping I will be taken off of most of these sometime in my life.Before my life went downhill I worked roughly 80-120 hours a week every week and I loved it...and so wish I could still be doing it. I must say the people who do "fake" an illness, they must be good actors because I have mri's, x-rays, and Dr.'s who were on my side and still had to get a lawyer and go to court to receive disability. I don't understand how they fake it?
House

Herkimer, NY

#196 Sep 13, 2012
Yankee Doodle 26 wrote:
To add to my earlier post I receive $800 a month for myself and 4 children, receive $600 a month in food stamps, my wife receives $500 for disability, she has a steel cage and bolts for a spine. We receive too much to get public assistance, which is fine, it would help, but we make do. Granted some bills don't get paid some months, but for now this is the choice I have, not one I am proud of. But, one thing in this situation I can say I am proud of is I am not just planning on receiving disability and food stamps the rest of my life, even though I could and have excellent reason to, more than most who do currently receive both. I think a person who is receiving disability or food stamps or any assistance that makes it so they do not have to work, should be required to earn a degree or get certified in another area of the work force that they will be capable of doing.The only problem I see is like with myself all of the prescription drugs I am on, would and could interfere with the work. I am hoping I will be taken off of most of these sometime in my life.Before my life went downhill I worked roughly 80-120 hours a week every week and I loved it...and so wish I could still be doing it. I must say the people who do "fake" an illness, they must be good actors because I have mri's, x-rays, and Dr.'s who were on my side and still had to get a lawyer and go to court to receive disability. I don't understand how they fake it?
With all the hours you worked? You should be loaded. Do the math you worked 120 hours a week , there are only 168 hours in a week, that leaves you 48 hours. That leaves you 6.8 hours to sleep, eat and take a shower, and get back and forth from work. You get 600 for food , I spend 700 for four and eat good don't bitch it's for FREE! Your pissed off because you don't get both and iam sure you tried. Here we go iam hooked on DRUGS I might not be able to get off them. Hint stop taking them get off your FUCKING ASS and get a job! The only job you have is going to your mail box I bet you know the exact time the mailman comes you greet him with your cane, then you go inside and crack a beer and do the jig.LMFAO
Gary

Herkimer, NY

#197 Sep 13, 2012
House wrote:
<quoted text>With all the hours you worked? You should be loaded. Do the math you worked 120 hours a week , there are only 168 hours in a week, that leaves you 48 hours. That leaves you 6.8 hours to sleep, eat and take a shower, and get back and forth from work. You get 600 for food , I spend 700 for four and eat good don't bitch it's for FREE! Your pissed off because you don't get both and iam sure you tried. Here we go iam hooked on DRUGS I might not be able to get off them. Hint stop taking them get off your FUCKING ASS and get a job! The only job you have is going to your mail box I bet you know the exact time the mailman comes you greet him with your cane, then you go inside and crack a beer and do the jig.LMFAO
First, to Yankee Doodle, those of us who are not heartless a-holes know there are a lot of people on these programs because of genuine need, with the intention of getting off of them when and if they can. I wish you luck.

House, first of all his benefits are not "free." This person worked and paid taxes. Secondly, he's not on recreational drugs, he's on medications for medical conditions. I'm sure he will "get off" them as his condition improves. I take it you're voting for Romney? Heartless prick.

Location hidden

#198 Sep 13, 2012
@gary, thanks, support is always appreciated, it is hard enough to accept the help as it is, let alone try to explain one's side and be beat up for it.

@house, yes, I used to work that much, I was well off, until I couldn't work any longer, money does not last long when there is none coming in. It took over two years to get help from the government, you know disability, the stuff that we as workers pay into. Food stamps are not free considering I have paid more taxes in the last 15 years than you have I am sure. I am by no means hooked on any drugs, I am prescribed medication for pain that I take as needed, which can be addicting if one lets it. I am not one to allow something to take control of me.If I was able to work without the chance of paralyzing myself I would be, regardless of the pain, but I would much rather acquire a degree so I can work without having to do something that will paralyze me. Since manual labor is all I am qualified for, I could sit on my ass, do nothing and collect checks the rest of my life, but I choose not to. I choose to improve myself and educate myself so I am capable of doing something else. But, thanks, I love how in America we support our people and wonder why nothing changes.
Education

Penn Yan, NY

#199 Sep 13, 2012
House wrote:
<quoted text> yes you are, we can not survive, new apartment first last deposit nice. Can you say 8! Can you say wick, can you say health insurance, you already said food stamps. How are you going to pay nimo , phone , cell phone, rent, car gas , cable tv , Internet food for the little one mothers milk is the best, to hard for me. Don't forget heap. And that big tax return you get at the end of the year. You are full of shit. LMFAO who paid for the little one, your part time insurance or your boy toys?
Someone who qualifies for food stamps does not automatically qualified for WIC and other public assistance programs. Each program has it own qualifications and guidelines.
Educate your self about the programs and the qualifications. Under some of the programs the recipients does have to show work searches,signing up for temporary employment services etc.
DUH

United States

#200 Sep 26, 2012
Just because someone gets foodstamps doesn't mean that they are living off the govenment. Many work and just can't make ends meet. Why should a child NOT have an ice cream bar just because their parent cannot find a good paying job and afford treats? This post is a perfect example of WHY you should all mind your own business. YOU don't know anyone's situation and assuming just makes an ass out of YOU. Perhaps your outrage and energy could be spent somewhere else actually making a difference in the community.
If I EVER saw or heard such goings on in line at the grocery store I would IMMEDIATELY dial 911 and tell the police that that poor woman or man is being attacked and harassed in the grocery store! What's WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is running for NYS Governor? 1 hr Sleepy 56
Made in the USA 4 hr The Future Depend... 2
hung dudes 12 hr Hung like a horse 17
Piles of Trash on Ray Street 20 hr DPW Super 3
HCCC Times article. Mon Not Buying It 2
Has anyone heard from the Rathbun boys? Mon Blazing Saddled 2
Fed Up Sun Mentor the Young ... 23

Little Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance