New sign on Main St
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
LF LIFER

Long Eddy, NY

#21 Sep 21, 2012
concerned citizen wrote:
Shouldn't it read. Welcome to LF, a community with no future?
If you don't like Little Falls, don't come here, if you live here, then move the f uck away...

Simple as that.

“Do SOMETHING !!!”

Since: Jan 08

Indian Trail, NC

#22 Sep 21, 2012
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but they're the ones the yokels elect. And if the yokels elect yokels, this town will never improve.
The government is NOT made up of one person.
But LF had NO choice, to speak of... in the council elections.
That isn't the fault of the "YOKEL" voters.

That is the fault of only a few willing to run.

The government of LF is the sum of the Mayor, the Council, and all the boards and commissions.
ALL are important.
JJH63

Little Falls, NY

#24 Sep 23, 2012
Let start with our local goverment that does everything it possibly can to bring this city to its knees. Then we can move on to all the special intrest groups that control everything Main street First , the people at the Canal side the south side if it doesn't benefit there group there not for it none of these groups have the cities best intrest in mind, and our goverment they just jump on the band wagon with the most power. Where is the computer company that was coming downtown the Mayors personal folly. And by the way i used to go to the City Council meetings when a topic was brought up that they did not want to discuss they would tell you its not on the agenda.
insensitive jerk

United States

#25 Sep 24, 2012
UTLT wrote:
<quoted text>
The government is NOT made up of one person.
But LF had NO choice, to speak of... in the council elections.
That isn't the fault of the "YOKEL" voters.
That is the fault of only a few willing to run.
The government of LF is the sum of the Mayor, the Council, and all the boards and commissions.
ALL are important.
Nice avatar. What's wrong with you?
Im LF have we met

United States

#26 Sep 24, 2012
JJH63 wrote:
Let start with our local goverment that does everything it possibly can to bring this city to its knees. Then we can move on to all the special intrest groups that control everything Main street First , the people at the Canal side the south side if it doesn't benefit there group there not for it none of these groups have the cities best intrest in mind, and our goverment they just jump on the band wagon with the most power. Where is the computer company that was coming downtown the Mayors personal folly. And by the way i used to go to the City Council meetings when a topic was brought up that they did not want to discuss they would tell you its not on the agenda.
MSF controls everything? LMAO. They jumped on the bandwagon with whomever had power? LMAO even harder.
Like It

Little Falls, NY

#27 Sep 24, 2012
We like the new sign, the old one was quite worn out. It's a small thing but it shows civic pride. A number of nice paintings by Pitt are around our fair city and make it look just a bit nicer. I like the long skinny one on the side of the mill, the one I can see when I walk over the bridge to Southside, there is a moon and a guy fishing and it is very nice.
artie

Daytona Beach, FL

#28 Nov 8, 2014
I'm curious how things in LF have changed, if at all, in the past two years since this thread began. Any updates?
Ghost of Enval

Ithaca, NY

#29 Nov 8, 2014
Well Dayton, here is your sign.........
artie

Daytona Beach, FL

#30 Nov 9, 2014
Anyone have a petspective in my question above, referably current residents of LF? Two years ago the comments were critical of elected officials, the onset of Section 8, and simply didn't seem very positive about where LF was headed. Can someone tell me honestly what has changed since then? Have good people moved away? Are the streets filled with unemployed? Has it become the welfare haven that some here on Topix predicted? I would appreciate any honest, informed info. I have been thinking about escaping NYC and possibly buying property in LF. Thank you.
artie

Daytona Beach, FL

#31 Nov 9, 2014
artie wrote:
Anyone have a perspective in my question above, preferably current residents of LF? Two years ago the comments were critical of elected officials, the onset of Section 8, and simply didn't seem very positive about where LF was headed. Can someone tell me honestly what has changed since then? Have good people moved away? Are the streets filled with unemployed? Has it become the welfare haven that some here on Topix predicted? I would appreciate any honest, informed info. I have been thinking about escaping NYC and possibly buying property in LF. Thank you.
Wow sorry about all the typos...fat fingers, tiny keyboard...
Serious Answer

Tully, NY

#32 Nov 9, 2014
artie wrote:
Anyone have a petspective in my question above, referably current residents of LF? Two years ago the comments were critical of elected officials, the onset of Section 8, and simply didn't seem very positive about where LF was headed. Can someone tell me honestly what has changed since then? Have good people moved away? Are the streets filled with unemployed? Has it become the welfare haven that some here on Topix predicted? I would appreciate any honest, informed info. I have been thinking about escaping NYC and possibly buying property in LF. Thank you.
It is still a sleepy, one-horse Upstate town run by morons and populated by poor people with dirty blue collars and cans of Keystone in their grimy hands. But if you come here from NYC with NYC-sized income or wealth, you can live like a freaking KING or QUEEN. You will learn to ignore the penny-ante local political venality, and rub elbows with the other affluent newcomers while sipping Chablis and fondling antiques at the Historical Society meetings. Life is good...
artie

Daytona Beach, FL

#33 Nov 9, 2014
Thank you, Serious Answer.

I could be wrong but...is it possible I detect a little sarcasm? For what its worth I prefer blue collar folks to the millions of pretentious walking-talking cliches that I'm surrounded by in NYC. We have morons in spades here, every last one of them believes the city (oh, and the planet, for that matter) revolves around them.

I do love to fondle antiques...more or less that's my stock in trade.

I'm trying to escape some of what's described above and looking for a location where people have respect for their neigbors and their neighborhood. It seems simple enough but its really very difficult to find...I bought a house in Florida about a year ago, in search of peace of mind, but boy was that a mistake. Don't even want to spend time there now and the market is too soft to consider selling...
billy

Warwick, NY

#34 Mar 9, 2016
Same issue in queens and brooklyn---newbies from suburbs want to take away local character in favor of sameness, box stores, etc. No more Italian, Polish, Irish, Puerto Rican neighborhoods....They want to move the soul from Harlem and place a Trader Joes for the newbies ...Caucasion Invasion Progress...
Trixie

Herkimer, NY

#35 Mar 10, 2016
Jean Linen wrote:
<quoted text>
You got rated as clueless, mean, spam because you know for a fact that there's no choice about it. You can go to the council meetings and complain till you are blue in the face and all that happens is that Peters. Rose, and Petrovich all BS right to your face and nothing else happens.
Not so much anymore, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rounds in jail 18 min Viv 16
Canal Days Pathetic 1 hr Better sources 12
Ignorant racists 10 hr Curious 8
News Shakespeare Comes To the Utica Zoo 14 hr Cheetah 4
Pez is FURIOUS!! Thu Pee Ee Zee 2
Ta Da ! Presto Chango! Wed Filthy Falls 3
Does anyone know what's going on with this case? Aug 16 neighbor 3

Little Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance