Goonie Wisdom

Brooklyn, NY

#42 Jan 28, 2013
Yokel Moralist wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, I am excited to see some investment in Little Falls, but it still bothers me how this deal is one big lie from start to finish. By this I mean of course the technically illegal use of industrial jobs-creation funding to play three-card Monte with existing retail jobs. The tax breaks and funding are going to a retail project, and the project is not creating any new jobs, they are just replacing the Big M jobs and the jobs of the smaller shops that got evicted to make room for the Price Chopper. And just 20 full-time jobs???? Are you kidding me??? By allowing this to happen, we are ALL, you and me and the mayor and MSF, all of us, committing a subtle kind of fraud.
We say IDA funding for a retail is acceptable because we do not have a grocery store, knowing full well that the developer just evicted a grocery store last month so he could take advantage of this funding. Shame on us all.
MSF especially bothers me. They, of all the groups in town, really know better. They are the ones who taught us to watch the number of real jobs being created, and not to let the developers and the politicians merely juggle existing jobs around with public funding. In my book, MSF is now just as corrupt as City Hall, if not more so.
We see through this pretend jab at City Hall. Nice try though, Good.
SSSUUUPPP

Little Falls, NY

#43 Jan 28, 2013
I would prefer the IDA to try and purchase the land on Industrial drive. Maybe if all put together with some state funded money, we can turn it into an area that attracts manufacturing. Have the city get involved with landowners, left separated the properties including the lasalle mills and others are worthless, but maybe if bundled together and improved utilities funded by the state money we can turn it into something.
I know we need a grocery store and LF residents have stated this for many years, but I hope this is not are only card to play, as other posters have said we need a plan, Shoppers square, Main St,Waterfront, Industrial DR, separate these problems are small but maybe if tied to an overall plan we can show funding agencies that we mean business in trying to improve and get our city moving forward.
We have to stop focusing in one project only and combine and coordinate all together into a plan.
Yokel Moralist

New York, NY

#44 Jan 28, 2013
Goonie Wisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
We see through this pretend jab at City Hall. Nice try though, Good.
Peters has little if anything to do with the Price Chopper. His job is to listen carefully to what Mark and Bono tell him to do, and then stay out of the way and not screw it up.

My disappointment is with MSF, and how they stand for good government and following the letter of the law ... until it gets in the way of what they want. At that point, they are just as cozy with the wink-wink deals as the crustiest of the old cronies. Bah!

This is my opinion.
Yokel Moralist

New York, NY

#45 Jan 28, 2013
You Tell Me wrote:
Don't give cover to the acts of crooked politicians, and the voters who support them, by blaming everyone.
We acquiesce in none of this.
But deep down inside, you're kind of glad to get the new Price Chopper, no?

I am in this too. I could have raised a stink, but I didn't.
Yokel Moralist

New York, NY

#46 Jan 28, 2013
Dont blame us wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you overstate your case. One of the most unfortunate things which occured was the decision of MSF to become officially non-partisan. It made them irrelevant, IMO, because corrupt government is precisely the main obstacle towards achieving Open Government and Smart Growth. Irrelevant, yes, but not corrupt.
What? Why did they do that? That would explain why we only hear from them pimping stores on Main Street anymore. Back in the day, MSF was a refreshingly potent political force that made the good old boys and the cronies think twice about some of the stuff they did. And you are saying that MSF went and neutered itself? WTF? Whose brainy idea was that?
Yokel Moralist

New York, NY

#47 Jan 28, 2013
SSSUUUPPP wrote:
I would prefer the IDA to try and purchase the land on Industrial drive.
One Pumpkin Patch fiasco isn't enough for us? Maybe they will finally get some tenants there now that they are essentially giving away free power?
Get the straight jacket

Brooklyn, NY

#48 Jan 28, 2013
Yokel Moralist wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Why did they do that? That would explain why we only hear from them pimping stores on Main Street anymore. Back in the day, MSF was a refreshingly potent political force that made the good old boys and the cronies think twice about some of the stuff they did. And you are saying that MSF went and neutered itself? WTF? Whose brainy idea was that?
Jean, we all talk to ourselves in private. Some of us do it in public (no offense, Dennis). But when you go through the trouble of doing it on Topix, well...you've crossed the line into some unstable territory. Too much asbestos?
Yokel Head Shrink

Herkimer, NY

#49 Jan 28, 2013
Get the straight jacket wrote:
<quoted text>
Jean, we all talk to ourselves in private. Some of us do it in public (no offense, Dennis). But when you go through the trouble of doing it on Topix, well...you've crossed the line into some unstable territory. Too much asbestos?
Thank you, Dr. Freud.

One of the basic mistakes that the cronies make is to assume that LF Topix consists of just three people and their sock puppets.

And then you act surprised when 500+ people sign a petition, and 90 of them try to crowd into the Common Council Chambers?
Get the straight jacket

Brooklyn, NY

#50 Jan 28, 2013
Yokel Head Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, Dr. Freud.
One of the basic mistakes that the cronies make is to assume that LF Topix consists of just three people and their sock puppets.
And then you act surprised when 500+ people sign a petition, and 90 of them try to crowd into the Common Council Chambers?
Nope, not a crony, sorry. One of the mistakes you often make(other than talking to yourself) is to assume everyone who disagrees with you is crony.
shopper

Clinton, MA

#51 Jan 28, 2013
No Free Lunch wrote:
<quoted text>
Always remember this and you will not go wrong: THERE IS NO FREE LUNCH IN LIFE.
Stores like Price Chopper use incentives like membership discounts to attract customers and build loyalty. You can get some items at well-publicized cheap prices. But you pay for those discounts with higher prices on the other items in the store. The store is there to make money, you see.
Stores like Hannaford use a scheme called "everyday low pricing" to attract customers and build loyalty. You get cheaper overall prices. But you pay for those lower overall prices by not getting insane loss-leader discounts. The store is there to make money, you see.
One way or the other, you will get your groceries, and the store will get your money.
Wow so businesses want to make money. Now there's something I didn't know. And really you think hannafords prices are low and that they use an everyday low price scheme to get us to go there. Lmao I go there because they are closer than Utica and have better quality meats than Walmart. I want a price chopper that is only a couple miles away. One to provide quality meat and save me driving time and gas. Then throw in an advantage card for cheaper gas. Woo hop how could you not want that. I'd take it even without the card!
Dont blame us

Utica, NY

#52 Jan 28, 2013
Get the straight jacket wrote:
<quoted text>
First one with a diagnosis of mesothelioma OWNS what's left of this garbage heap, right? Hack. Hork. You think you're paying through the nose over the lawsuits with the Y and the Hospital? You ain't seen nothing yet. You think those 500 people who support the Y don't breathe in lungfuls when they walk to their cars?
FYI

Herkimer, NY

#53 Jan 28, 2013
shopper wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow so businesses want to make money. Now there's something I didn't know. And really you think hannafords prices are low and that they use an everyday low price scheme to get us to go there. Lmao I go there because they are closer than Utica and have better quality meats than Walmart. I want a price chopper that is only a couple miles away. One to provide quality meat and save me driving time and gas. Then throw in an advantage card for cheaper gas. Woo hop how could you not want that. I'd take it even without the card!
I suspect you are too stupid to understand this, but here is trying: http://mktsci.journal.informs.org/content/16/... ... every day low pricing is a retail marketing strategy.
shopper

Hartford, CT

#54 Jan 28, 2013
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>
I suspect you are too stupid to understand this, but here is trying: http://mktsci.journal.informs.org/content/16/... ... every day low pricing is a retail marketing strategy.
Here's something I want you to try and understand. Family dollar and Walmart have every day low pricing. Not hannafords. If you think Hannaford's prices are low, you obviously don't shop around. Hannafords has everyday high pricing.

“Getting To The Meat Of It”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#55 Jan 31, 2013
Is there any truth this project was put on hold this week ?
Maybe

New York, NY

#56 Feb 1, 2013
Mr Meat Head wrote:
Is there any truth this project was put on hold this week ?
I heard they pulled out.
LF resident

Little Falls, NY

#57 Feb 1, 2013
Nonsense, you trolls. They are working on the utilities and prepping the site right now.
as wrong as your mom

Ilion, NY

#58 Feb 1, 2013
Maybe wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard they pulled out.
She heard your daddy pulled out too...she was as wrong as you are!
lfer

Herkimer, NY

#60 Feb 1, 2013
what happened? why did price chopper change their mind?
duh duh

Ilion, NY

#61 Feb 1, 2013
lfer wrote:
what happened? why did price chopper change their mind?
They didn't...saw workers there TODAY.
LFer

New York, NY

#62 Feb 2, 2013
Is there any truth to the rumor that Big M is moving back in?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where are all the cougars at 38 min bobby 42
Land Banks 6 hr hahahaha 10
Trump Wins 7 hr Disaster Averted 9
good contractor 23 hr MICHAEL lowes 9
Professional Wrestling Tue Fake Fights 4
Why aren't the vehicles on main street getting ... Mon west east north s... 10
Lyndsey congdon (Jul '14) Mon barry 33

Little Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance