Peters touts accomplishments during S...

Peters touts accomplishments during State of the City address

Posted in the Little Falls Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bobby in 2016

Little Falls, NY

#1 Feb 8, 2013
Ok, seriously, tell me which one of these Bobby is actually responsible for:

"Among the past year’s accomplishments the mayor pointed to the receipt of a $245,000 grant by the city’s Urban Renewal Agency for a building and facade improvement program in the downtown business district; the relocation of Stewart’s to a newly constructed facility at the corner of North Ann and West Lansing streets; Little Falls Hospital’s and Bassett Healthcare Network’s continued expansion and increase in services to not only the city of Little Falls, but to surrounding communities as well; the relocation of Day, Scarafile and Read and H&R Block to the former Pizza Hut building at the corner of West Main Street and Hansen Avenue; the repair of the City Hall roof as well as the application of grants for boiler replacement and repairs to the Common Council chambers; the construction of a rest area at the Hole No. 5 green at the Little Falls Municipal Golf Course; the use of $119,699.81 in CHIPS moneys to rehabilitate portions of William, Ward, Smith and Furnace streets and the passage of a local law to prevent hydraulic fracturing within the city of Little Falls."

http://www.littlefallstimes.com/topstories/x8...

MSF brought the grant for the Main Street facades to the city, which promptly stole it and took all the credit. The only reason the Stewart's deal got done (just like Price Chopper) is that they avoided the Bobby administration like the plague. And Bobby takes credit for "Little Falls Hospital’s and Bassett Healthcare Network’s continued expansion and increase in services", ignoring the fact that he tried to tax these efforts and the hospital had to sue him to stop it.

This guy has some chutzpa.
Buyers Remorse

Little Falls, NY

#2 Feb 8, 2013
No kidding. Right you are.
But wait my friend there is more.
Fixing up the golf course?
Banning fracking when there is no natural gas within the city limits?

These are his accomplishments?! Give us a break.

It is time for this City Govt to accomplish something truly beneficial. What might that be? Don't start by asking Bobby b/c he obviously doesn't have a clue. My concern is that we are spending time and money doing BobbyDamageControl when effort should be put into anything positive or beneficial.
Furnace Street First

United States

#4 Feb 8, 2013
He also accomplished finding a new apartment!
Facts

Moravia, NY

#5 Feb 8, 2013
"MSF brought the grant for the Main Street facades to the city, which promptly stole it and took all the credit"

Really, MSF wrote the grant and sent it in for the city? What are we paying Avalon to do?
Bobby in 2016

Little Falls, NY

#6 Feb 8, 2013
Facts wrote:
"MSF brought the grant for the Main Street facades to the city, which promptly stole it and took all the credit"

Really, MSF wrote the grant and sent it in for the city?
Um, strawman.
Agree

Little Falls, NY

#7 Feb 8, 2013
Well, he did manage to help clean up the garbage on Garden Street. By moving off of it.
question

Herkimer, NY

#8 Feb 8, 2013
Bobby in 2016 wrote:
"Among the past year’s accomplishments the mayor pointed to the receipt of a $245,000 grant by the city’s Urban Renewal Agency for a building and facade improvement program in the downtown business district; the relocation of Stewart’s to a newly constructed facility at the corner of North Ann and West Lansing streets; Little Falls Hospital’s and Bassett Healthcare Network’s continued expansion and increase in services to not only the city of Little Falls, but to surrounding communities as well; the relocation of Day, Scarafile and Read and H&R Block to the former Pizza Hut building at the corner of West Main Street and Hansen Avenue; the repair of the City Hall roof as well as the application of grants for boiler replacement and repairs to the Common Council chambers; the construction of a rest area at the Hole No. 5 green at the Little Falls Municipal Golf Course; the use of $119,699.81 in CHIPS moneys to rehabilitate portions of William, Ward, Smith and Furnace streets and the passage of a local law to prevent hydraulic fracturing within the city of Little Falls."
MSF brought the grant for the Main Street facades to the city, which promptly stole it and took all the credit. The only reason the Stewart's deal got done (just like Price Chopper) is that they avoided the Bobby administration like the plague. And Bobby takes credit for "Little Falls Hospital’s and Bassett Healthcare Network’s continued expansion and increase in services", ignoring the fact that he tried to tax these efforts and the hospital had to sue him to stop it.
Did the city give money to HR Block to move out of Shopper Square and into the old Pizza Hut?
Good Point

Herkimer, NY

#9 Feb 8, 2013
question wrote:
<quoted text>
Did the city give money to HR Block to move out of Shopper Square and into the old Pizza Hut?
Did the city give money to the other stores that were displaced from Shoppers Square? Or are some of the stores more equal than others?
answer

Moravia, NY

#10 Feb 8, 2013
question wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Good Point

Herkimer, NY

#11 Feb 8, 2013
answer wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Then why did Peters try to take credit for it?
Heads Up

Herkimer, NY

#12 Feb 8, 2013
Bobby in 2016 wrote:
The mayor wants us to PAY to extend water service out to Route 5 on the way to East Herkimer, so someone can develop there. Can we afford that?
more info

Moravia, NY

#13 Feb 8, 2013
Day, Scarafile and Read purchased the H&R Block franchise in Sept. of 2011.That included LF and Utica and 5 seasonal locations.
Maybe

Moravia, NY

#14 Feb 8, 2013
Good Point wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why did Peters try to take credit for it?
came through planning board or codes for approval? Same as Stewart's.
Good Point

Herkimer, NY

#15 Feb 8, 2013
more info wrote:
Day, Scarafile and Read purchased the H&R Block franchise in Sept. of 2011.That included LF and Utica and 5 seasonal locations.
So why is Peters trying to take credit for it in his State of the City speech? If Dave used his own money, then Peters had nothing to do with it, right?
Not quite

Moravia, NY

#16 Feb 8, 2013
Heads Up wrote:
<quoted text>
The mayor wants us to PAY to extend water service out to Route 5 on the way to East Herkimer, so someone can develop there. Can we afford that?
Read the IDA minutes for 12-20-2012. Sounds like all three were inquiring about doing together.More data was needed.

http://herkimercountyida.com/documents/
Good Point

Herkimer, NY

#17 Feb 8, 2013
Maybe wrote:
<quoted text>
came through planning board or codes for approval? Same as Stewart's.
IIRC, the city attorney was quoted in the paper as being opposed to the new Stewarts for personal reasons, right? Anyway, are you suggesting that Peters is stooping to taking credit for not getting in the way of businesses moving to new locations? That is a pretty ... disturbing ... view of the role of municipal government.

Does the State of the City really boil down to Gordy building some park benches, and Bobby not getting in the way of Read and Stewarts moving to new locations? That is sad. Very, very sad.
Yup

Herkimer, NY

#18 Feb 8, 2013
Not quite wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the IDA minutes for 12-20-2012. Sounds like all three were inquiring about doing together.More data was needed.
Thanks for the link. It says Peters is in favor of extending city water out to Route 5 on the way to East Herkimer. Are we going to find ourselves part of some expensive new water district, paying for expensive engineering studies and bearing the hefty costs for laying all that pipe? And who wants to develop out there? Does it matter that it is not in Little Falls, and we won't get any property taxes from the development?
Heads Up

Herkimer, NY

#19 Feb 8, 2013
Not quite wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the minutes for Oct. 25: some developer is looking at property on Route 5 outside of Little Falls, and wants the taxpayers of the City Little Falls to pay to provide him with water. That's why the IDA brought the three mayors/supervisors in on Dec. 20 to talk. Maybe it's a good deal for us, and maybe not: do we really trust Peters to do the math?
Babel Fish

Herkimer, NY

#20 Feb 8, 2013
Translated, Bobby's accomplishments are:

1.) I paid our grant writer to find $245K to waste on the old rat-hole where HoHo was before I evicted the Chinaman.
2.) I didn't get in the way of Stewarts moving into the place where the AOG church was building a sanctuary before I took it away by threatening to tax the church.
3.) I tried to screw up the LF Hospital's expansion by taxing it, but the hospital sued the city and won. Oh well, I'll take credit for it anyway.
4.) I didn't get in the way of the tax guy moving to a new building.
5.) I patched the roof at City Hall, and no, I will not tell you how much it cost.
6.) Gordy built some benches and picnic tables. Yay, Gordy!
7.) We got a grant for sidewalks in the ghetto.
8.) We passed a law against fracking, which will never happen here because we have no shale gas.

Go, Bobby!
LFer

Herkimer, NY

#21 Feb 8, 2013
Heads Up wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the minutes for Oct. 25: some developer is looking at property on Route 5 outside of Little Falls, and wants the taxpayers of the City Little Falls to pay to provide him with water. That's why the IDA brought the three mayors/supervisors in on Dec. 20 to talk. Maybe it's a good deal for us, and maybe not: do we really trust Peters to do the math?
NO! Gressler for mayor!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Little Falls promo video 17 min Flipper 29
pez here!! 3 hr FATHER PEZ 1
PEZ SEZ: Gerina Piller is HOT!, 13 hr Carl 3
PEZ SLAMS Coach Jim Boeheim 13 hr Carl 33
the pez is relaxing at heron creek Sun The MUSIC MAN 20
Really, WHO IS THIS PEZ? Sun Father Frank 19
Jessica Eckert & Joey Rounds Fri Curious 8

Little Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance