Looker

Ilion, NY

#67 Nov 26, 2012
IS IT DONE YET!
Hmmm

Albany, NY

#68 Nov 26, 2012
I use the trail. I want it finished. On any day, winter and summer, people walk, bike, snowshoe and ski on all the sections that have been completed. We do NOT want to have to dodge motorized vehicles.

Trust me, "we" are more than one guy and his sock drawer. The community that uses the trail would also appreciate it if benches were left intact and y'all didn't carve your immortal comments into picnic tables.

Carry out your trash, too.

Bash away. Don't care. ;)
Oh no

Little Falls, NY

#69 Nov 26, 2012
Hmmm wrote:
I use the trail. I want it finished. On any day, winter and summer, people walk, bike, snowshoe and ski on all the sections that have been completed. We do NOT want to have to dodge motorized vehicles.
Trust me, "we" are more than one guy and his sock drawer. The community that uses the trail would also appreciate it if benches were left intact and y'all didn't carve your immortal comments into picnic tables.
Carry out your trash, too.
Bash away. Don't care. ;)
You realize that the surest and fastest way to get bashed on Little Falls Topix is to suggest that people actually do something with their trash rather than just leave it wherever it pleases them? We all know that they WONT carry out their trash, of course, but it is fascinating to see how upset they will get at the mere suggestion.
looker

Ilion, NY

#70 Nov 29, 2012
Its it done yet?
Looker

Ilion, NY

#71 Nov 30, 2012
I see thats its not done yet. And why are they not taken the hill down all the way in front of Tony's house. Move the shed and make the trail flat!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#72 Dec 1, 2012
wow wrote:
I plan to keep dumping stuff and reck this stupid waste of my tax dollars. The only people that use that dam trainl are those stupid outsiders that wanna change every thing .hey ass hole try changing my mind about me sticking my size 12 boot up ur ass . Stop trying to change us . Better yet let's start to change you I know a few artists that would love to use ur building as a canvas. Oh and us snowmobilers plan on ring that shit up with our studs.
I would have never guessed that you were an avid snowmobiler based off of that very well thought out and succinct post. You seem to have some very concrete ideas. I can see how you would not want these outsiders to change you by doing something as extreme as creating a bike trail.
looker

Ilion, NY

#73 Dec 2, 2012
Is it done yet!
looker

Ilion, NY

#74 Dec 13, 2012
Is it done yet, what taken so long!
looker

Ilion, NY

#75 Dec 15, 2012
Why is it tken so long......is it done yet....Maybe y next Christmas!
85k per mile

Moravia, NY

#76 Dec 15, 2012
That section of the trail should have gone on the highway shoulder.
Hmmm

United States

#77 Dec 15, 2012
Then it wouldn't be a trail. It would be a highway shoulder. ;)
85k per mile

Moravia, NY

#78 Dec 15, 2012
Hmmm wrote:
Then it wouldn't be a trail. It would be a highway shoulder. ;)
On that stretch the shoulder is paved and as wide as another lane.
Hmmm

United States

#79 Dec 15, 2012
It's not JUST a bike trail. We hike, ski and snowshoe on it. The shoulder isn't where we want to be.
Idjit

Moravia, NY

#80 Dec 16, 2012
Hmmm wrote:
It's not JUST a bike trail. We hike, ski and snowshoe on it. The shoulder isn't where we want to be.
They dug thru community gardens to put the trail there.
You could have skied and snowmobiled there in the winter like we've been doing for the last 50 years, and biked on the road in the summer.
Hmmm

United States

#81 Dec 16, 2012
I don't snowmobile.

The trail is also a community asset.

Change won't kill Little Falls.
JoJo

Little Falls, NY

#82 Dec 16, 2012
The shoulder is not paved. That is the road for those 4 houses.
what up with this

Ilion, NY

#83 Dec 16, 2012
The people that own property on flint ave. ext. have it in their deeds a right away to use the property across the road from thier
houses. It was set up this way because of the mountain in back of the houses and the lack of space. These deeds have been in place for over a hundred years and than the stsate comes in and tells people that they have to move things,and cut away thier parking areas. Its not right and not legal! The state is lucky this project is not brought to a halt by a class action law suite.
Idjit

Moravia, NY

#84 Dec 16, 2012
what up with this wrote:
The people that own property on flint ave. ext. have it in their deeds a right away to use the property across the road from thier
houses. It was set up this way because of the mountain in back of the houses and the lack of space. These deeds have been in place for over a hundred years and than the stsate comes in and tells people that they have to move things,and cut away thier parking areas. Its not right and not legal! The state is lucky this project is not brought to a halt by a class action law suite.
Exactly.
And the section that really needs to be done has not been started yet -from that trail on the right to the trailer park and on to Ft Herkimer.
lfr

Little Falls, NY

#85 Dec 16, 2012
Bullshit that was railroad property, nobody has a deed to any of it.
Home Owner

Ilion, NY

#86 Dec 16, 2012
Wrong, I own property on flint ave. Railroad proerty or not, we have a right to use property on both sdies of the old tracks and a right away at the River/ canal area for boat use. We may not own it, but we have a right away to use it. This goes back to 1890's - 1900, some of the houses use to be camps. Its in black and white in my deed. Maybe you should do a little research at the county office building and find out for yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MSF at it again 8 hr Yowza yowza yowza 31
Lydia Jouben 8 hr More 24
Local musicians 9 hr Blues Music 15
Main Street 17 hr Hoppy 2
Salada storage? Sun Bobby 4
Who are Albert and Angel Croniser ? (Jan '09) Sun Bobby 18
Little falls football Sun Socks r good 4

Little Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance