Where is Bobby on the Y issue?
Shirley Hughgeste

Utica, NY

#41 Oct 10, 2012
Big Difference wrote:
<quoted text>
The two codes board members wanted the city to ~follow~ codes laws. The city assessor wants the city to ~deviate~ from real property tax law, at least according to the YMCA law suit and all the amici briefs they have gathered.
Fire those who want the city to do things legally? Go to court to defend those who want the city to deviate from the law? Go figure.
Over and over and over and over again....the Peters administration just thinks that the law is whatever they want it to be...
i like mike

Little Falls, NY

#42 Oct 10, 2012
Shirley Hughgeste wrote:
<quoted text>
Over and over and over and over again....the Peters administration just thinks that the law is whatever they want it to be...
The Peters administration doesnt think. It reacts. Sometimes.
Birdwatcher1

Little Falls, NY

#43 Oct 10, 2012
hey u friggin idiots, the f n mayor rents from the godamn man who is in charge ofthe YMCA, who,s ex wife runs the f n CO OP!~ u PEOPLE NEED 2 GET LIVES!!!
Waynes World

Little Falls, NY

#44 Oct 10, 2012
Birdwatcher1 wrote:
hey u friggin idiots, the f n mayor rents from the godamn man who is in charge ofthe YMCA, who,s ex wife runs the f n CO OP!~ u PEOPLE NEED 2 GET LIVES!!!
You are so right, we do totally "need 2 get lives." Our lives are sooooooo boring compared to that plot!!!!!!!!!!
I Am Hopeful

New York, NY

#45 Oct 11, 2012
Shirley Hughgeste wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that Mayor Peters will correct this injustice against the Co-Op and the YMCA once he has all the facts. That is the problem: he is surrounded by bad advisers he inherited from the previous administration, and they often give him bad advice.

Do you remember the MAIG controversy? Mayor Peters made Little Falls join Bloomberg's MAIG group because one of his advisers told him it is an anti-crime group. But when Little Falls found out about this, we told the Mayor that MAIG is really an anti-gun-rights group that is sponsoring legislation to close Remington Arms in Ilion. Mayor Peters promptly told MAIG to stick it where the sun don't shine, once he had all the facts.

In his case, Mayor Peters apparently got some really bad advice about taking away the YMCA tax exemptions. Once he has the facts, he will do the right thing. I am sure of it.
The Empty Chair

United States

#46 Oct 11, 2012
I Am Hopeful wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that Mayor Peters will correct this injustice against the Co-Op and the YMCA once he has all the facts. That is the problem: he is surrounded by bad advisers he inherited from the previous administration, and they often give him bad advice.
Do you remember the MAIG controversy? Mayor Peters made Little Falls join Bloomberg's MAIG group because one of his advisers told him it is an anti-crime group. But when Little Falls found out about this, we told the Mayor that MAIG is really an anti-gun-rights group that is sponsoring legislation to close Remington Arms in Ilion. Mayor Peters promptly told MAIG to stick it where the sun don't shine, once he had all the facts.
In his case, Mayor Peters apparently got some really bad advice about taking away the YMCA tax exemptions. Once he has the facts, he will do the right thing. I am sure of it.
Oh please. Stop blaming other people. People give me bad advice all the time. I rarely take it. The Mayor should step up and resolve this because it happened on his watch.

Is he now getting advice to remain silent? Maybe you should tell him it's more bad advice.
The Empty Chair

United States

#47 Oct 11, 2012
I Am Hopeful wrote:
<quoted text>
You paint a picture of a guy who is just walking around doing whatever people tell him to do. And this is supposed to be an excuse? Someone tells him some group is an anti-crime group and he just signs his name?

He could have had all the facts BEFORE he signed it. He could have had all the facts BEFORE he let this YMCA fiasco happen.

Nice defense.

We need to hear from our "leader" before this controversy tears the city in two.
i like mike

Little Falls, NY

#48 Oct 11, 2012
Nothing in today's paper. He's not at City Hall today. Where is he?

Wish we had a real and strong leader. One who thinks and one who leads. One who communicates. One who has common sense. One who respects the residents.

If you voted for Bobby, whos sorry now???
Shirley Hughgeste

Utica, NY

#49 Oct 11, 2012
I Am Hopeful wrote:
<quoted text>
Please. Mayor Peters has never shown the slightest inability to fire anyone whose advice he does not care to hear.
Shirley Hughgeste

Utica, NY

#50 Oct 11, 2012
And, on the other hand, admitting that he was wrong and changing his mind and position on issues has never been his strong point.
The Empty Chair

New York, NY

#51 Oct 11, 2012
To be fair, Mayor Peters did make it clear that he wasn't interested in communicating. He did skip the debate during the election.

People didn't seem to mind. I guess we got what we asked for.
i like mike

Little Falls, NY

#52 Oct 11, 2012
What kind of mayor is Bobby?!!! He wont debate challengers. He wont tolerate those who threaten special interests and slumloards. He encourages those who threaten special interests like this thing with the assessor. He cannot clean up the messes on his very own street, by that I mean, the problem house and also the pile of rubble and weeds at the corner. What are we taxpayers and citizens supposed to conclude about this man???????
Give and Take

New York, NY

#53 Oct 11, 2012
i like mike wrote:
One who respects the residents.
How can you say that? According to taxlookup dot net, he just recently (2010 or 2011) gave a $29,000 per year tax exemption to the Stone Mill. That is VERY respectful.

Of course, to pay for it, he has to take away the YMCA tax-exemptions.

Give and take.
give and take is a liar

Ilion, NY

#54 Oct 11, 2012
Give and Take wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you say that? According to taxlookup dot net, he just recently (2010 or 2011) gave a $29,000 per year tax exemption to the Stone Mill. That is VERY respectful.
Of course, to pay for it, he has to take away the YMCA tax-exemptions.
Give and take.
You are now lying on multiple threads under multiple names!

The total tax break was $2,478.95 on a total tax liability of >$19,000! Total break was 13%...how much was your STAR exemption dirty rotten liar!??!
Give and Take

New York, NY

#55 Oct 11, 2012
give and take is a liar wrote:
<quoted text>
You are now lying on multiple threads under multiple names!
The total tax break was $2,478.95 on a total tax liability of >$19,000! Total break was 13%...how much was your STAR exemption dirty rotten liar!??!
Look it up yourself. Be sure to click on "show property details" to see the exemption. Three points:

1.) The tax is exemption for 410 Canal Place is $26,910 in 2012, and it was $29,900 in 2011. There is no record for 2010, and the exemption did NOT exist for 410 Canal Place in 2009 or 2007.

2.) Why, of all the commercial/retail properties in Little Falls, did 410 Canal Place get a nice fat exemption, and not the others? Why didn't 25 West get an exemption? Why didn't Canal Side get an exemption?

3.) Why did the city code the exemption in Group E? Aren't those exemptions only for non-profits? That really needs to be cleared up before this story runs away with itself. I tried to find a possible explanation on the State websites, but couldn't. Would somebody smarter than me please explain this?

I am sure there is a good reason for all this. I wish the City would tell us WHAT that good reason is, because it sure looks like VENAL FAVORITISM to an uneducated outsider, and I just KNOW that cannot be true.
still a liar

Ilion, NY

#56 Oct 11, 2012
Either you are a complete fool that can't get anything right or you are just a pathological liar...which is it?

A tax exemption for non-profits (like the Y you so ardently defend or the church you defame when you damn people to Hell) is listed on your favorite taxlookup dot net site as

Exemptions: N/P-M

and NOT "BUS E" like you claimed that you just KNEW was right. You are wrong, again.

I will state again...you do NOT know what you are talking about and you do NOT know what the "BUS E" exemption is for and you do NOT know why 410 Canal is getting it just like you do NOT know why 25 w mill is not getting it.

So instead of trying to do any reasearch and trying to post anything worthwhile you are just fanning these flames with lies, lies, and more lies sprinkled with a liberal does of stupidity.
Nope

Springfield, MA

#57 Oct 11, 2012
This is exactly how the mayor likes it. We argue over numbers related to a different building while the YMCA problem reaches the boiling point.
LOL

Herkimer, NY

#58 Oct 11, 2012
Nope wrote:
This is exactly how the mayor likes it. We argue over numbers related to a different building while the YMCA problem reaches the boiling point.
I think that somebody is suggesting that we try to connect the dots ... YMCA ... Stone Mill ... City Hall. It's a puzzle, I guess. LOL!
LF resident

Little Falls, NY

#59 Oct 11, 2012
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that somebody is suggesting that we try to connect the dots ... YMCA ... Stone Mill ... City Hall. It's a puzzle, I guess. LOL!
It is indeed. You can't make this stuff up!
Body Politic

New York, NY

#60 Oct 12, 2012
Nope wrote:
In Little Falls ...
the people are the body politic,
the factories, buzzing with activity, are the muscles,
the churches are the heart,
the non-profits, such as the YMCA and the hospital, are the busy hands caring for others,
and City Hall is the brain of the body politic.
My questions is this: when did we get a frontal lobotomy?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is running for NYS Governor? 4 hr Perceptive 44
hung dudes 5 hr Hung like a horse 17
Piles of Trash on Ray Street 13 hr DPW Super 3
HCCC Times article. 20 hr Not Buying It 2
Has anyone heard from the Rathbun boys? 21 hr Blazing Saddled 2
Fed Up Sun Mentor the Young ... 23
Lyndsey congdon (Jul '14) Sun F3ckAroundLayAround 39

Little Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance