Posted in the Little Falls Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 10

ishmael.org

#1 Feb 20, 2013
Mississippi Finally Ratifies the Amendment to Ban Slavery — 148 Years Later

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/02/19/mississip...

This is America, and you wonder why black folks are so pissed off.
just saying

Ilion, NY

#2 Feb 20, 2013
lshmaeI wrote:
Mississippi Finally Ratifies the Amendment to Ban Slavery — 148 Years Later
http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/02/19/mississip...
This is America, and you wonder why black folks are so pissed off.
Why are "black folks" so pissed off? Is this why?

Today, over 70% of all black American babies are born out of wedlock. While some mothers choose to be single parents and have the financial means to support and educate their children, the majority of these babies are born to absentee fathers and young mothers with no means to raise them.

Through no fault of their own these children find themselves living in chaotic environments with little to no chance of escaping the bondage they endure because of their parents’ actions. All one has to do to see into their futures is look at their pasts. This is the life that awaits each and every child, and future generations, unless something is done to stop, once and for all, the proliferation of these destructive lifestyles.

Since: Jan 10

ishmael.org

#3 Feb 20, 2013
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are "black folks" so pissed off? Is this why?
Today, over 70% of all black American babies are born out of wedlock. While some mothers choose to be single parents and have the financial means to support and educate their children, the majority of these babies are born to absentee fathers and young mothers with no means to raise them.
Through no fault of their own these children find themselves living in chaotic environments with little to no chance of escaping the bondage they endure because of their parents’ actions. All one has to do to see into their futures is look at their pasts. This is the life that awaits each and every child, and future generations, unless something is done to stop, once and for all, the proliferation of these destructive lifestyles.
Yes. This is why.
They are discarded, disregarded, disrespected, disillusioned, despised, discounted, disparaged, laughed at, left out, let go, omitted, overlooked, snubbed, tuned out, turned off, abused, belittled, defamed, degraded, dejected, demoralized, denigrated, deprecated, depreciated, derided, and ignored.

They've got a big hole to climb out of and the "great state of Mississippi" has not been helping.
Just sayin

Ilion, NY

#4 Feb 21, 2013
lshmaeI wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. This is why.
They are discarded, disregarded, disrespected, disillusioned, despised, discounted, disparaged, laughed at, left out, let go, omitted, overlooked, snubbed, tuned out, turned off, abused, belittled, defamed, degraded, dejected, demoralized, denigrated, deprecated, depreciated, derided, and ignored.
They've got a big hole to climb out of and the "great state of Mississippi" has not been helping.
Seems to me that black men can do a lot more to help than the state? Kids need FATHERS and mothers...not just one or the other. BTW, I agree with your assessment above but for the part about the state not helping.
problem

Schwenksville, PA

#5 Feb 21, 2013
And they always have someone like you around to help them play the victim, which gets them nowhere.
lshmaeI wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. This is why.
UpstateWizard

Manistee, MI

#7 Feb 21, 2013
This is a non event, the actual event happened damn near 150 years ago. It was just another "show" for the mouthbreathing low information crowd.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#8 Feb 21, 2013
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>Why are "black folks" so pissed off? Is this why?

Through no fault of their own these children find themselves living in chaotic environments with little to no chance of escaping the bondage they endure because of their parentsÂ’ actions. All one has to do to see into their futures is look at their pasts. This is the life that awaits each and every child, and future generations, unless something is done to stop, once and for all, the proliferation of these destructive lifestyles.
Be careful on here. You will be called a Racist for stating the truth.

Location hidden

#9 Feb 21, 2013
lshmaeI wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. This is why.

STOP! One state's ignorance is justification for being irresponsible sperm donors? It's time for the slavery card to be torn up and thrown away. It's time for ALL Americans to stop justifying the moral decay of our society.

Location hidden

#10 Feb 21, 2013
Just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>Seems to me that black men can do a lot more to help than the state? Kids need FATHERS and mothers...not just one or the other. BTW, I agree with your assessment above but for the part about the state not helping.
One state does not justify the actions of many irresponsible black males.

Location hidden

#11 Feb 21, 2013
problem wrote:
<quoted text>And they always have someone like you around to help them play the victim, which gets them nowhere.
Exactly! If the ACLU is not enough, we have Ishmael making excuses for them.

“With Attitude”

Since: Jan 12

#12 Feb 21, 2013
148 years to ban slavery. I guess being a century & a half late is better than not showing up at all. Now they need to do a little more catching up. Like honor civil rights laws, ie, things like stop a lot of Mississippi High Schools from banning gays and lesbians at proms.

And on the subject a couple people on here are talking about, but for both white & black teens. Mississippi is a bible belt state where religious freaks rule. They only have 1 abortion clinic and state law bans full sex~ed in all schools. What happened because of it? They have the highest rate of teen pregnancies in the nation.
Idiot

Jenkintown, PA

#13 Feb 21, 2013
Teenage pregnancy rates correspond closely to poverty rates. Mississippi is very poor, so it makes sense.

Secondly, been to a ghetto in one of our cities in a "progressive" state in the northeast? We shouldn't be throwing stones about civil rights.
DayStar_ wrote:
148 years to ban slavery. I guess being a century & a half late is better than not showing up at all. Now they need to do a little more catching up. Like honor civil rights laws, ie, things like stop a lot of Mississippi High Schools from banning gays and lesbians at proms.
And on the subject a couple people on here are talking about, but for both white & black teens. Mississippi is a bible belt state where religious freaks rule. They only have 1 abortion clinic and state law bans full sex~ed in all schools. What happened because of it? They have the highest rate of teen pregnancies in the nation.
truth

Houston, AR

#14 Feb 22, 2013
Idiot wrote:
Teenage pregnancy rates correspond closely to poverty rates. Mississippi is very poor, so it makes sense.
Secondly, been to a ghetto in one of our cities in a "progressive" state in the northeast? We shouldn't be throwing stones about civil rights.
<quoted text>
She's right. Full education about sex and pregnancy reduces teen pregnancy. It doesn't stop 'em from having sex but it keeps a whole lot more from getting pregnant from it. Got news for you, middle class and rich kids also have sex. But they've always been taught better about keeping from getting pregnant. If you got church drumbeaters teaching abstinence without teaching about birth control you got higher pregnancy rates. The highest national number of pregnant teen girls isn't today, it was in 1957.
truth

Houston, AR

#15 Feb 22, 2013
DayStar_ wrote:
You're totally right. But you'll never convince the church drumbeaters. They've their heads buried so deep in the sand all you can see is their feet sticking out.
truth

Houston, AR

#16 Feb 22, 2013
DayStar_ wrote:
Another thing about Mississippi. A huge religion is southern baptist. Southern baptists formally ban women prechers. So gays lesbians and sex ed aren't the only things they're backward on.
Idiot

Jenkintown, PA

#17 Feb 22, 2013
The rates correspond mostly to poverty. Keep repeating this other stuff all you want. Speaking of education, read what I wrote. Never said rich and middle class kids don't have sex. It actually proves my point.
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
She's right. Full education about sex and pregnancy reduces teen pregnancy. It doesn't stop 'em from having sex but it keeps a whole lot more from getting pregnant from it. Got news for you, middle class and rich kids also have sex. But they've always been taught better about keeping from getting pregnant. If you got church drumbeaters teaching abstinence without teaching about birth control you got higher pregnancy rates. The highest national number of pregnant teen girls isn't today, it was in 1957.
UpstateWizard

Manistee, MI

#19 Feb 22, 2013
Again, this is a non story. It was just make-work by the state legislators to appear that they are "caring and compassionate". And it worked, now they are in the national news. They could have just as easily dropped trou and recited the ring around the rosey. Now That Would BE News!

“With Attitude”

#20 Feb 22, 2013
Idiot wrote:
The rates correspond mostly to poverty. Keep repeating this other stuff all you want. Speaking of education, read what I wrote. Never said rich and middle class kids don't have sex. It actually proves my point.
<quoted text>
Teen pregnancy rates correspond mostly to religious areas where less~educated people {high poverty} are easier to influence to support religious weirdness about sex including only teaching abstinence~only or abstinence~plus sex~ed. Did you catch that once full sex~ed began being taught in other areas the rate of teen pregnancy dropped? Nationwide it's now at it's lowest point in history.

I'm from southeastern kentucky. I live in the mountains. Every county here in southeastern kentucky except 1 is on the list of the 100 poorest counties in america. Check it out, 16% of the list are ky counties. Full sex~ed is taught in my area & our pregnancy rate is down. We're poor but it worked here.

But it's still a problem in bible belt areas in the southern states. Like I said, my home area is one of the poorest in america, we're had tv specials made about us, and our pregnancies are down. Why? Because we only go so far in listening to what churches say. We know there's a line. Places like Mississippi need to learn it. It looks like they would because of the number of girls getting pregnant. But I guess not.

“With Attitude”

#21 Feb 22, 2013
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Another thing about Mississippi. A huge religion is southern baptist. Southern baptists formally ban women prechers. So gays lesbians and sex ed aren't the only things they're backward on.
Yep. I know about the southern baptists. No women preachers or pastors. They still teach women must be obedient to men. There's a few of them in my area. The holiness churches are almost as bad. Holiness churches in my area require girls and women not cut their hair and they have to wear long skirts. Not much difference than the muslim belief about burkas. It's funny watching holiness girls trying to walk fast in those long tight blue jean skirts. I tried one on and figured if I worn one in a walmart parking lot & had to get out of the way of a backing car I'd have to flash everybody pulling it up to my waist to be able to run.
mike

Ilion, NY

#22 Mar 2, 2013
West Coast Rapper wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! If the ACLU is not enough, we have Ishmael making excuses for them.
east coast scrapper

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Littlefalls Subway 2 hr offer 12
City Planning 2 hr local 6
Taxpayer supported baseball 12 hr Nobles Oblige 8
Adult Pleasures route 5 (Dec '09) 13 hr Bad news 129
House painter on main (Oct '16) 17 hr Ginger 39
NY needs to keep educated young people. Sat Keepers Innovate 1
Library Sat Sal Amander 13

Little Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance