Common Council Meeting
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
NoTax Accessor

New York, NY

#1 Dec 31, 2012
Next meeting they will be considering hiring the recently laid off tax accesor on the city payroll. More money down the drain!
Contact your representative and advise them to just say NO!
NoTax Accessor

New York, NY

#2 Dec 31, 2012
Alderman Ruffing, Alderwoman Deming, Alderwoman Long, Alderman Congdon, Alderman Barnes, Alderman Petrie, Alderman Gressler, Alderman Burleson

In case you don't know who they are here is the list of the people who will be deciding the issue of putting the tax accessor on the city payroll.

“Do SOMETHING !!!”

Since: Jan 08

Indian Trail, NC

#3 Dec 31, 2012
Question.
If the city is THINKING about revaluation...
Shouldn't they have such a person on-board?
No More Herkimer Posters

Ilion, NY

#4 Dec 31, 2012
NoTax Accessor wrote:
Next meeting they will be considering hiring the recently laid off tax accesor on the city payroll. More money down the drain!
Learn how to spell, it is ASSESSOR! BTW, the previous assessor did a great job and really seemed like she was trying to help LF turn the corner but the "Y" gang saw to it that she got fired. I wish I could get illegal sweetheart tax breaks like the Y gets!
LF Resident

Syracuse, NY

#5 Dec 31, 2012
I am all for hiring her. She has done an excellent job and we need to keep her in the assessor position.
Punkmaster Evans

Long Eddy, NY

#6 Dec 31, 2012
NoTax Accessor wrote:
Alderman Ruffing, Alderwoman Deming, Alderwoman Long, Alderman Congdon, Alderman Barnes, Alderman Petrie, Alderman Gressler, Alderman Burleson
In case you don't know who they are here is the list of the people who will be deciding the issue of putting the tax accessor on the city payroll.
Give 'em a call.
http://www.cityoflittlefalls.net/boards.cfm...
Question

Cazenovia, NY

#7 Dec 31, 2012
When creating a position that was eliminated to save monies I hope they look at the cost to the city for salary, benefits, retirement before voting.
Anonymous

Long Eddy, NY

#8 Dec 31, 2012
I thought assessor was a part time job. How long does it take???????
Investigator

Rochester, NY

#9 Dec 31, 2012
Don't you mean the "Commical Council" meeting? LMAO!
LF Resident

Long Eddy, NY

#10 Jan 1, 2013
Investigator wrote:
Don't you mean the "Commical Council" meeting? LMAO!
Too bad you do not know how to spell comical. If only it were spelled correctly, I might be laughing my butt off.
Investigator

Rochester, NY

#11 Jan 1, 2013
LF Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad you do not know how to spell comical. If only it were spelled correctly, I might be laughing my butt off.
Yah, and too bad you DON'T know how to combine the words do and not into Don't!!!! And I'm ROTFLMAO!!!!!!! SUCKA!!!!!!!!!!
Zeno

Little Falls, NY

#12 Jan 2, 2013
I think the mayor feels he has to hire new people, except for a few of his suck holes, most employees of the city feel he has betrayed their trust. Being a former city employee himself I think they thought he would be more reasonable. Now he runs around in his suit rubbing elbows with the elite. He forgot where he started and sold all his standards for ego. Appoints board members from outside the city, runs around city hall like a high school sophomore looking up skirts, sad really. Some people the power goes to both heads.
Ridiculous

New York, NY

#13 Jan 2, 2013
NoTax Accessor wrote:
The City needs to forget that FAILED assessor, settle the Y's lawsuit and move past this EMBARRASSING fiasco. I lost all respect for the City for the way it allowed a handful of Canal Place malcontents to influence the assessor's office like that.
Harem

New York, NY

#14 Jan 2, 2013
Question wrote:
When creating a position that was eliminated to save monies I hope they look at the cost to the city for salary, benefits, retirement before voting.
How do you measure the cost of a harem? Some things are just priceless.
but

New York, NY

#15 Jan 2, 2013
Zeno wrote:
I think the mayor feels he has to hire new people, except for a few of his suck holes, most employees of the city feel he has betrayed their trust. Being a former city employee himself I think they thought he would be more reasonable. Now he runs around in his suit rubbing elbows with the elite. He forgot where he started and sold all his standards for ego. Appoints board members from outside the city, runs around city hall like a high school sophomore looking up skirts, sad really. Some people the power goes to both heads.
Why did the council approve those out of the city board members?
Isn't it suppose to beCity of LF residents only?
lfr

Little Falls, NY

#16 Jan 2, 2013
That bunch of drunks and half-wits we have as alderman won't have enough balls or brains to put a stop to anything Booble has planned. I think they have already proven that.They should transport that group to the meetings in a ARC buss.
Bobby 2016

Little Falls, NY

#17 Jan 2, 2013
My question would actually be this: can the city afford NOT to have an assessor?
Fact Check

Herkimer, NY

#18 Jan 2, 2013
Bobby 2016 wrote:
My question would actually be this: can the city afford NOT to have an assessor?
Little Falls contracts with Herkimer County for assessor services. That contract is still in force, and the County still provides the assessor services through its office. The County laid off an assessor who had become popular in City Hall, but the County still has plenty of other assessors.
lfr

Little Falls, NY

#19 Jan 2, 2013
You are correct, the city went to the county to get away from a full time assessor who works 2 days a week or less most weeks. Let the mayor go to online dating, we are still paying for his last girlfriend in Urban Renewl.
Disgusted

Ilion, NY

#20 Jan 3, 2013
Joy Presta was a great Assessor for our city and looked out for everyone. Little Falls has always had a full time Assessor for as many years as I can remember. She brought up the properties that are not on our tax rolls. She felt by LAW that they should be paying taxes. The courts would make the final decision by LAW, not her. It looks like dirty politics played a big roll in the dismissal of our City Assessor. And at a crucial time for our City in possibly getting ready for a city wide re-assement. What is wrong with this entire picture??????????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who the hell is Pez anyway? 3 hr Disgruntled 6
Gevry for President? 7 hr Bobby 6
see if you can guess where this is (May '10) 13 hr PEZS TAINT 24
Soup Fest ‘17 13 hr PEZ PEZ PEZ 17
Expect more false flag mass shootings. 13 hr PEZ IS A DEMI GOD 7
gimme a P!!!!! gimme a E!!!! gimme a Z!!!!! P... 14 hr Tom Topics 4
Pez posts wont stop just cuz you take em down 15 hr Bobby 2

Little Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance