NY Times- Ms. Vincent "queen of the world"

Posted in the Little Falls Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Betty Sue

Herkimer, NY

#1 Dec 29, 2010
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/28/arts/design...

Now the world knows. How much stuff did she get before she caught on.

She's a freak
Queen my ass

AOL

#2 Dec 29, 2010
What an educational and cultural experience it would be for children studying the forming of this nation to actually see a real 13 stared flag.

Linda Vincent is out in left field on this one, and all of Little Falls knows it.
WoW

AOL

#3 Dec 29, 2010
Ouch! That hurt!

“Do SOMETHING !!!”

Since: Jan 08

Indian Trail, NC

#4 Dec 29, 2010
Even after this story broke...
I question the sharpness of their decision making...
They withdrew the inaugration invitations...
and continued with the auction of the flag.

To use Ms Vincent's words...
Which serves the "educational, social and cultural needs of the community” more ?

Flag... or invitation ?

I'd say flag... without question.
river pig

Herkimer, NY

#5 Dec 29, 2010
she must be mental, why would she steal?
Dog Walker

United States

#6 Dec 29, 2010
Why all the hate? I saw her once out walking her dog. Talked a bit. Nice lady.
JHC

Syracuse, NY

#7 Dec 29, 2010
"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"....or was it "people who live in glass houses shouldn't get stoned" ? Shame on you busy bodies. At least she steps up and does some of the needed civic duties.I have met her and found her to be well meaning and intelligent.Far be it for a well mannered lady or gentleman to cast unwarranted
aspersions.Fie.Fie . Shame to thee.
Holycrapola

Little Falls, NY

#8 Dec 29, 2010
Vincent has thought her crap hasn't stunk for as long as I can remember and that was when I was in church school. Peter Adasek hasn't lived in the area for how lon? Yeah he owns an old house near Stewarts and live off the interest of a law suit but hell. He hasn't been a working Dr. in how long? He's really is just sticking his nose in a community that he has no direct involvement in. So he pays taxes on a old stone building. Wooppee!!

As far Chester P. Szymanski is concerned....you don't have space because you don't want to make space....It's sort of like saying I don't have time for a hobby.....you don't have time because you don't make it.

People sticking up for retards and people selling stuff because of greed. Sonsofbitches...bwah..ha..ha.. ha
oh oh

West Leyden, NY

#9 Dec 29, 2010
how much did the flag go for and who has the money. as for room for the flag has been here for years. you could ask for a tour of the second and third floors at any time.,this has been known for years.i know that a friend of gave some old beatiful dishes to library. i think that a flag is more important educationally than dishes. they could of had the flag framed and hung it in the library or put it out to loan to the schools.----BUT when are they going to atten to business and get someone in charge of the library befor that goes to pot like the streets of little falls???? thank goodness they have a honest cappable staff.
200 yo flag collector

United States

#10 Dec 30, 2010
Flag: went for $10k
Bump

United States

#11 Dec 31, 2010
"you probably wouldn't worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do." - olin miller
WHATS NEXT

Syracuse, NY

#12 Jan 2, 2011
THE STAFFORDSHIRE CERAMICS BETTER NOT BE SOLD. TIME FOR ME TO GO DO INVENTORY .WATCH OUT YOU CROOOKS IM ON TO YOU.THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHATS THERE. SO IF YOU STOLE SOME OLD CASH OR DOCUMENTS I WILL BE BITING YOUR ASS
Almost

Syracuse, NY

#13 Jan 3, 2011
"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"....or was it "people who live in glass houses shouldn't get stoned" ?

No...it's "Stoned People In Houses Shouldn't Throw Glasses".
Font of Useless Knowledge

Oneida, NY

#14 Jan 3, 2011
WHATS NEXT wrote:
THE STAFFORDSHIRE CERAMICS BETTER NOT BE SOLD. TIME FOR ME TO GO DO INVENTORY .
Well, since they don't serve the social, educational, or cultural needs of the community, then they need to go. Right?

BTW, I cannot believe that there was no space in the LF Library for Ms. Vincent to "spread out and look at" a box of "stuff". Break room? Board room? She had to take it home?? As a business owner (and antique dealer) she should have seen the conflict of interest in this action right away and protected herself from accusations of theft by following procedure! Anyone who has worked anywhere knows this. This has turned out to be a very serious matter indeed.
Give me a break

Chesapeake, VA

#15 Jan 3, 2011
Font of Useless Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, since they don't serve the social, educational, or cultural needs of the community, then they need to go. Right?
BTW, I cannot believe that there was no space in the LF Library for Ms. Vincent to "spread out and look at" a box of "stuff". Break room? Board room? She had to take it home?? As a business owner (and antique dealer) she should have seen the conflict of interest in this action right away and protected herself from accusations of theft by following procedure! Anyone who has worked anywhere knows this. This has turned out to be a very serious matter indeed.
But she is beyond reproach - just ask her!
RESIGN

Little Falls, NY

#16 Jan 3, 2011
Because she still doesn't get it -- the appearance of a conflict of interests is not different from an actual conflict of interest -- Mrs. Vincent needs to resign.

It was "stuff" when it was in the library but becomes an "antique" or a "collectible" when it's at home above the Mill antique shops.

Unfortunately, Mrs Vincent can never prove her innocence. So for the good of the board, she should resign. And if the board doesn't get it, they too should resign.

The library board must increase transparency at this important time.

Trustees require the trust of the community if they are to fulfill their responsibilities. Mrs Vincent has lost that trust and the board will follow if this continues on.

Maybe the flag's (just more stuff?)$10k should be spent on some big ol' library tables so Mrs Vincent can have room to spread her stuff while its still where the public can see it.

Lot's of stuff goin' on.
oh oh

West Leyden, NY

#17 Jan 4, 2011
is she a local girl or did she come from some place else?

“Do SOMETHING !!!”

Since: Jan 08

Indian Trail, NC

#18 Jan 5, 2011
What difference would THAT make ?
A local girl... or an 'import'....?
silly question.

She owns a business...
She is on several boards...
She serves her city as best she can...

Citizens are equal...
LOL

New York, NY

#19 Jan 5, 2011
UTLT wrote:
Citizens are equal...
Well, that is the case in theory. Now I personally now NOTHING about what is or is not going on over at the library, BUT my experience with Herkimer County is that justice is not blind, and law enforcement is highly selective, all depending on your last name (and the last name of your attorney, if it ever goes that far).
Give me a break

Chesapeake, VA

#20 Jan 5, 2011
UTLT wrote:
What difference would THAT make ?
A local girl... or an 'import'....?
silly question.
She owns a business...
She is on several boards...
She serves her city as best she can...
Citizens are equal...
Some citizens are more equal than others. Just as her. She bought her way onto Munson Williams Proctor Institute board. That is how all their board members are "selected". Check it out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Land Bank 5 hr Section 8 City 13
Did Hillary WIN IN NYS Because SHE CHEATED? 10 hr Patriotism is a VERB 1
Crazy Saratoga poster 10 hr Patriotism is a VERB 2
Ariana Grande 14 hr Patriotism is a VERB 2
MI Today/NY Tomorrow 15 hr Libtarded Enterta... 8
Statistical BS 16 hr IL Duce Sux 3
This forum is highly censored 18 hr Dont Upset LIBERA... 10

Little Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance