Little Falls Vetenarian Clinic

Posted in the Little Falls Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Sam

Frankfort, NY

#1 Nov 30, 2009
I am new to the area and need to bring my cat to the vet, does anyone know if this place is okay?
Bijou

West Leyden, NY

#2 Nov 30, 2009
He has been sanctioned in the past. Call the licensing board and speak to them.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#3 Nov 30, 2009
I would recommend the Herkimer Vet Associates. They have 4 excellent vets and many caring vet techs. I take my show dogs to them with no hesitation.
knowforsure

Argyle, NY

#4 Nov 30, 2009
Sam wrote:
I am new to the area and need to bring my cat to the vet, does anyone know if this place is okay?
NO!I took my dogs there.He gave me a hard time.Go to Herkimer.
Bijou

West Leyden, NY

#5 Nov 30, 2009
Paris Hill Cat clinic for cats; Waterville Vet is great for everything!
listen and pay attention

Syracuse, NY

#6 Nov 30, 2009
Dr. Spaulding is wonderful and very caring and knowledgable. Some people on here have a grudge concerning school football and a former coachthat some got fired. Dr. Spaulding and Dr. Snell and staff are excellent.
Little Falls Resident

AOL

#7 Nov 30, 2009
I searched the medical conduct web site and found no medical misconduct for DR. Spaulding.He's very good with cats.

http://w3.health.state.ny.us/opmc/factions.ns...

Location hidden

#8 Nov 30, 2009
Bijou wrote:
Paris Hill Cat clinic for cats; Waterville Vet is great for everything!
Who in their right mind will drive all the up Paris Hill Road or out to Waterville for vet care when there are several excellent vets right in the vicinity?
LF Resident

AOL

#9 Nov 30, 2009
Bijou wrote:
He has been sanctioned in the past. Call the licensing board and speak to them.
You really should stop spreading false information on here. If someone at the "licensing board" told you this, let us know who you talked to so we can call and speak with that person. My guess is that you did not call and are just making this stuff up to be vindictive. Too bad it won't work as most people in LF can see through this garbage and don't believe a word you type.
LOL

West Leyden, NY

#10 Nov 30, 2009
Sam wrote:
I take my dog and cat to Mohawk Valley Vet - they are excellent with both of them. I would reccommend them.
listen and pay attention

Syracuse, NY

#12 Nov 30, 2009
I know many that take their animals to Little Falls Vet and trust them completely. I take my 2 dogs there . They are wonderful.

Since: Oct 09

United States

#13 Dec 1, 2009
I tried to take my cat who was very sick. They said they couldnt get us an appointment for a month. I went to Herk and got right in. Go to Herkimer.
listen and pay attention

Syracuse, NY

#14 Dec 1, 2009
Now they have another vet and probably can accomodate more.
OutsiderLookinIn

Ilion, NY

#15 Dec 1, 2009
If I could afford to drive the hour and a half it would take me to bring my puppy to Dr. Spaulding, I would in a heartbeat. Knowing, trusting, and respecting him as a person (and his entire family, you will find none nicer) makes me completely trust him, not with just my dogs life, but my own.

Please don't rely on the opinions you find here on Topix, most of the people on here have a knack for b*tching, and needed a place to do it, and they found one. Go there and see for yourself.
poppa woody

Watertown, NY

#16 Dec 1, 2009
prepare to bring the bank vault at the herkimer vet ,they will tell u ur animal needs to see an ophthalmologist or a dental surgeon just for ticks,....thats the truth...crooks
huh in LF

Olmstedville, NY

#17 Dec 1, 2009
poppa woody wrote:
prepare to bring the bank vault at the herkimer vet ,they will tell u ur animal needs to see an ophthalmologist or a dental surgeon just for ticks,....thats the truth...crooks
Then you haven't experienced a bill from German Flats Vet. outside of Ilion. They are by far the most expensive vet clinic in the area. Dr. Carvin raised all the prices for services at her vet place in herkimer.

I have used Herkimer Vet Associates. When I had an emergency, the vet on call calmed me down over the phone and met us at the office within 30 minutes on a Sunday. Let's face it, any vet worth their while will be expensive. Both of my dogs are covered by Pet insurance. The cost of the insurance has been very reasonable given the care the "kids" receive from regular visits and innoculations to emergency visits and dental care.

YMMV.
Wilma

Olmstedville, NY

#18 Dec 1, 2009
Spalding's good. The one in Herkimer has support staff that'll short your dogs drugs and pocket the money.
been there

West Leyden, NY

#19 Dec 1, 2009
Herk Vet asscoiates is THE BEST...believe me!!! 3/4 Cornell grads, network throughout the state for opinions. expensive??Yes, but you get waht you pay for and they are the best. werewith me for 3+ years with my dog being ill and then having to be put down. wonderful people. if you don't love your pet and don't want/can't pay, don't go there. BUT... they are truly exceptional!! Otherwise go to Spaulding the hacker.

Location hidden

#20 Dec 1, 2009
Wilma wrote:
Spalding's good. The one in Herkimer has support staff that'll short your dogs drugs and pocket the money.
Ohh...someone's got their panties in a twist. I suppose you've never once made a mistake. Did you call the office when you got home and counted the pills to let them know you were shorted some pills? Nah....that makes too much sense.
rocker

West Leyden, NY

#21 Dec 2, 2009
If you love your pet , you will drive as far as you have to and to as many vets until you find one that willtake care of them instead of just say to put them down. You'll know when you find the right one. we drove 20miles away and the third vet until we found one that would work on our dog instead of put him down.which we had to do yesterday. Seven years later. a word for the wise to all dog owners. If your puppy gets parvo and lives through it, they seldom live over three yrs old. Because, they get heart disease from that virus. My dog did and when we finally got the Syracuse Emergency anaimal hospital to take care of him and $900 later, they never told us that . although he went into CHF when he was three and after four vets we finally found one in Clayville that would treat him instead of put him down.he put him on lasix for seven more yrs. until he finally surcomed to CHF and other complacations cancer etc. on December 1st. at age ten so look around until you find a vet that you can trust and feel comfortable with.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pez WHERE ARE YOU? 2 hr pez golf 6
Fire dept 2 hr Laborer 11
The 100 grand Scam! 2 hr Noway 12
pez alert since he is headed to lf 2 hr Father Frank 15
Was PEZ really at Oakmont on Tuesday and Wed? 2 hr Father Frank 29
Babinec 4 hr Noway 14
little falls town court (Sep '13) 16 hr BIlls Mother 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Little Falls Mortgages