Comments
1 - 20 of 85 Comments Last updated Nov 9, 2012
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Rerun

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 1, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Does Dan Carter have any realistic chance to run a competitive campaign against Claudia Tenny?
Is this the best Democrats can put forward?
Unfortunately Yes

Cortland, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 1, 2012
 
Rerun wrote:
Does Dan Carter have any realistic chance to run a competitive campaign against Claudia Tenny?
Is this the best Democrats can put forward?
Ask the Little Falls Democratic Committee. Dan waffled back and forth between the Assembly and Senate seats. There is no way Dan is going to make a decent showing. He can barely articulate his statements, his platform in one dimentional, he becomes incredibly defensive and nasty when challenged, and most likely sits next to Marc Butler. His physical appearance is embarrassing. He has no $$. Someone down in Ulster or Sullivan Counties should have stepped up. The district is horrid. I don't know how either candidate can adequately cover this geography. Claudia has run so many times for political office she was bound to win last time. Her family has the big bucks and connections.
Viable options

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Oct 1, 2012
 
Unfortunately Yes wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask the Little Falls Democratic Committee. Dan waffled back and forth between the Assembly and Senate seats. There is no way Dan is going to make a decent showing. He can barely articulate his statements, his platform in one dimentional, he becomes incredibly defensive and nasty when challenged, and most likely sits next to Marc Butler. His physical appearance is embarrassing. He has no $$. Someone down in Ulster or Sullivan Counties should have stepped up. The district is horrid. I don't know how either candidate can adequately cover this geography. Claudia has run so many times for political office she was bound to win last time. Her family has the big bucks and connections.
You are absolutely correct that the district is horrid, many believe a deliberate attempt to get Tenney out of Oneida County Politics, especially the Oneida Indian issues.
She is volunerable, but as you say Dan is not the man.
The Representative from this district is going to have to know how to deal with the NYC Democrats, Claudia can't even get along with her own party leaders from her former district.The Democrats need to put forth a candidate who is articualte,knows the value of this new districts resources to the interest of NYC and the rest of the state, and who knows how to negotiate out of strength to regain respect in the Assembly.
I Like Dan

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Oct 1, 2012
 
Rerun wrote:
Does Dan Carter have any realistic chance to run a competitive campaign against Claudia Tenny?
Is this the best Democrats can put forward?
I like Dan, and I know he is running as a placeholder, but if he can't win a common council seat, what is he doing in this race? The Democrats need new blood in the party leadership, someone with energy and brains. They shouldn't have twisted Dan's arm into putting himself out like this.
Weak Candidate

Cortland, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Oct 1, 2012
 
I Like Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I like Dan, and I know he is running as a placeholder, but if he can't win a common council seat, what is he doing in this race? The Democrats need new blood in the party leadership, someone with energy and brains. They shouldn't have twisted Dan's arm into putting himself out like this.
Dan made the decision to run for this position. Oneida and Herkimer County Democratic Committees did interview him and gave their endorsements because there were no other alternatives. The Downstate Committees offered no potential candidates. He was not recruited nor was his arm twisted by either organization. That being said, when Dan threw his hat in the ring the final district lines had not been determined. There was a lot up in the air. Dan is not the candidate to pull this off unless the support downstate is substantial. Dan hasn't received on Union endorsement, has few signs, has yet to send any mailer to accompany the soon to mailed absentee ballots, etc.
Stuck in the middle

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Oct 1, 2012
 

Judged:

3

1

1

Weak Candidate wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan made the decision to run for this position. Oneida and Herkimer County Democratic Committees did interview him and gave their endorsements because there were no other alternatives. The Downstate Committees offered no potential candidates. He was not recruited nor was his arm twisted by either organization. That being said, when Dan threw his hat in the ring the final district lines had not been determined. There was a lot up in the air. Dan is not the candidate to pull this off unless the support downstate is substantial. Dan hasn't received on Union endorsement, has few signs, has yet to send any mailer to accompany the soon to mailed absentee ballots, etc.
Corrupt nepotistic clowns in the Herkimer GOP to the left of me, and Democratic jokers to the right of me. I'm stuck in the middle with you.

As corrupt as the Herkimer GOP is you would think the Dems could stage a renewal.

The Stealers Wheels http://www.youtube.com/watch... got it right about Herkimer County politics.
Jean Linen

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Oct 2, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Stuck in the middle wrote:
<quoted text>
Corrupt nepotistic clowns in the Herkimer GOP to the left of me, and Democratic jokers to the right of me. I'm stuck in the middle with you.
As corrupt as the Herkimer GOP is you would think the Dems could stage a renewal.
The Stealers Wheels http://www.youtube.com/watch... got it right about Herkimer County politics.
After watching the shenanigans the local Democrats pulled at the last election, I dropped my membership in the party. I like Dan as an individual, but I wouldn't lower myself to cast my vote for anyone endorsed by this utterly corrupt gang.

“Care Enough To Take Action”

Since: Jan 08

Indian Trail, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Oct 2, 2012
 
I know NOTHING about Dan Carter.
BUT, Little Falls should be bending over backwards to help him.
With money and organization.
Regardless of party.
A local guy... in the legislature... GOOD!

My guess is...
He is in this without much help.
tiresome

Framingham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Oct 2, 2012
 

Judged:

1

UTLT wrote:
I know NOTHING about Dan Carter.
BUT, Little Falls should be bending over backwards to help him.
With money and organization.
Regardless of party.
A local guy... in the legislature... GOOD!
My guess is...
He is in this without much help.
You should have stopped at "I know nothing..."

Thanks for your input on something you even admit you know nothing about.

Shut it.
Jean Linen

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 2, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

UTLT wrote:
I know NOTHING about Dan Carter.
BUT, Little Falls should be bending over backwards to help him.
With money and organization.
Regardless of party.
A local guy... in the legislature... GOOD!
My guess is...
He is in this without much help.
Regardless of party? That's the problem here. We who live here KNOW the local party. You can't screw your own people in one election and expect their support in the next.
LFGaloot

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Oct 2, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Dan is a decent fellow and he always tells the truth.... no matter that it is an ugly truth or not.He is a genuine person that puts on no airs.I doubt that he could be corrupted by money or vanity. The republican political machine is the reason why the state and local governments are as rotten as they are. It is time to rattle the box a little. I will vote for Dan.
Well

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Oct 2, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Jean Linen wrote:
<quoted text>
After watching the shenanigans the local Democrats pulled at the last election, I dropped my membership in the party. I like Dan as an individual, but I wouldn't lower myself to cast my vote for anyone endorsed by this utterly corrupt gang.
The local party (as you call it) is no longer. They voted in new officers.
Go Dan

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Oct 2, 2012
 
I'm voting for Dan too.
Voting for Tenney would be like voting for Barbie. Airhead.
She's a TEA-PARTIER and has said such things as, "I don't know why we bother to have a minimum wage".

“Care Enough To Take Action”

Since: Jan 08

Indian Trail, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Oct 2, 2012
 
tiresome wrote:
<quoted text>
You should have stopped at "I know nothing..."
Shut it.
So you believe there is no value to LF having a man in Albany?
When was the last time LF had someone in Albany?

Would it not benefit the community?

Enlighten me !
Jean Linen

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Oct 2, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Well wrote:
<quoted text>
The local party (as you call it) is no longer. They voted in new officers.
Glad to hear that. And, I know Dan was, at the last election, one of the "good guys" who didn't try to screw people. But he didn't have the weight in the local Demo machine to prevent it from screwing people, either.

As far as the new officers in the local Democratic party, well, I'm open-minded, but they are going to have to show me something, prove to me they aren't just as corrupt as their predecessors before they can expect any support.
LOL

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Oct 2, 2012
 
UTLT wrote:
I know NOTHING about Dan Carter.
BUT,
But that won't stop your from spouting an opinion, will it?
Who is in control

Cortland, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Oct 2, 2012
 
UTLT wrote:
I know NOTHING about Dan Carter.
BUT, Little Falls should be bending over backwards to help him.
With money and organization.
Regardless of party.
A local guy... in the legislature... GOOD!
My guess is...
He is in this without much help.
Because you don't actually live here, what you don't know (and that is painfully obvious) are the following 3 facts
1. Dan has no money and to my knowledge hasn't held fundraisers.
2. He has a one issue platform
3. He has little help because he has never asked for any. If he is
content with running a campaign with 2 or 3 close people, he'll
never win. This is not a City council seat where he represents 1
ward.This is getting into the big time. As a previous poster
said, he couldn't be successful in running for an Alderman
position. Dan was in the County Legislature as well. Was he
defeated when re-election time came up?

I hate to say this but this was just a body to complete the Democratic ticket. Sad but true.

So please Mrs. Outsider, don't comment on local politics because you just are aware of the whole situation. The shoot from the hip observations are getting dumber and dumber with each of your inane posts.
Question

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Oct 2, 2012
 
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
The local party (as you call it) is no longer. They voted in new officers.
Who are the new officers?
Come See Come Sah

Cortland, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Oct 2, 2012
 
Jean Linen wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad to hear that. And, I know Dan was, at the last election, one of the "good guys" who didn't try to screw people. But he didn't have the weight in the local Demo machine to prevent it from screwing people, either.
As far as the new officers in the local Democratic party, well, I'm open-minded, but they are going to have to show me something, prove to me they aren't just as corrupt as their predecessors before they can expect any support.
Then show up at a County Democratic Committee meeting and find out. The LF committee is filled with old style politics and a poseur or two. Nothing much is going to change with the City Committee.

“Care Enough To Take Action”

Since: Jan 08

Indian Trail, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Oct 2, 2012
 
PLEASE...
I've been asking questions...
The only opinion I've stated is that...

It would be good for LF to have a person in Albany.
AND...
It seems CARTER is in it with little help.

To which I assume the answer is YES to both.

AND...
I also asked...
How long has it been since a LF person was in state government?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Users are viewing the Little Falls Forum right now

Search the Little Falls Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Nano Nanoo Frackaroo 53 min Please Explain 4
Tenney challenge to Farber 1 hr Bawk Bawk Bawk Chicken 4
Copper Moose Ale House 3 hr More Beer less Spelling 231
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 3 hr Billy O Liar 6,345
POP and City Officials 4 hr Just Saying 7
Gas Plant 5 hr Loon Detector 298
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 21 hr Steve Douchy 6,364
•••
•••
•••
•••

Little Falls Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Little Falls People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Little Falls News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Little Falls
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••