First Prev
of 2
Next Last
why

Rome, NY

#1 Jun 11, 2013
I was reading the OD this morning and saw the article about property issues in Utica and Ilion. Both places use DPW to clean up property and cut grass. Why can't we do that here ? Better to have that money off set the taxes than go to landscape companies. I would rather see them cutting grass rather than hang around Stewart's all day.
Robert J Peters Sr

Little Falls, NY

#2 Jun 11, 2013
why wrote:
I was reading the OD this morning and saw the article about property issues in Utica and Ilion. Both places use DPW to clean up property and cut grass. Why can't we do that here ? Better to have that money off set the taxes than go to landscape companies. I would rather see them cutting grass rather than hang around Stewart's all day.
Use DPW to clean up the city? What a preposterous idea!
Robert Peters

Rome, NY

#3 Jun 11, 2013
Would you want my DPW guys working all day long ? I told them when I get to be mayor you guys got it made, I've kept that promise. Now they got their new vactor, all is right with the world. Besides they get paid more to cut that grass for the codes departments after work. God knows they aren't tired.
Dave

Rome, NY

#4 Jun 11, 2013
Well Dave, why can't our DPW take care of this issue?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#5 Jun 11, 2013
What issue? Cutting grass or allegedly "hanging" out at stewarts all day?
Robert J Peters Sr

Little Falls, NY

#6 Jun 11, 2013
HawaiiStyleDave wrote:
What issue? Cutting grass or allegedly "hanging" out at stewarts all day?
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/little-falls-...
Dave

Rome, NY

#7 Jun 11, 2013
Cutting grass? Why not have the city benefit instead of private contractors. Makes sense.

Location hidden

#8 Jun 11, 2013
Speaking of DPW,I saw a park being mowed today. The mower was delivered by trailer. The vehicle pulling the trailer was the old ambulance.
Dave

Rome, NY

#9 Jun 12, 2013
HawaiiStyleDave wrote:
Speaking of DPW,I saw a park being mowed today. The mower was delivered by trailer. The vehicle pulling the trailer was the old ambulance.
Point?
bobblebobblebobb lebobble

Little Falls, NY

#10 Jun 12, 2013
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
Point?
Dave is poking fun at how the common council is wasting our tax money. Hilarious, right?
bobblebobblebobb lebobble

Matawan, NJ

#11 Jun 12, 2013
Huh, another bunch of posts removed in this thread.
how

Little Falls, NY

#12 Jun 12, 2013
Robert Peters wrote:
Would you want my DPW guys working all day long ? I told them when I get to be mayor you guys got it made, I've kept that promise. Now they got their new vactor, all is right with the world. Besides they get paid more to cut that grass for the codes departments after work. God knows they aren't tired.
Is that true Bobs ex workmates make more cutting the grass after work? Is that why the DPW doesn't do the grass here like they do every where else? C'mon Dave true or not ?
Question

New York, NY

#13 Jun 13, 2013
how wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that true Bobs ex workmates make more cutting the grass after work? Is that why the DPW doesn't do the grass here like they do every where else? C'mon Dave true or not ?
What are we talking about here?

Are you saying that DPW is now contracting out grass cutting on public property? If so, that is outrageous, and means we need to pull people from boondoggles like the garbage trucks back to real DPW functions.

Or, are you talking about Codes hiring private contractors (who may happen to be city employees in their day job) to cut the grass at houses that have ignored violation tickets (e.g., abandoned properties), and then charging the property owner? If so, then that is nothing new (that doesn't mean it is proper contracting either, of course).
how

Little Falls, NY

#14 Jun 13, 2013
I think we are talking about the second part, contracting out codes violations. My question is why not have the DPW cut the grass and the city collect the tax money? I think it's crazy to pay the same guys twice as much after work. The city charges the county, I'm sure either way we will pay in the end through taxes. Let the city collect and off set some local taxes. If it works in Ilion and Utica it should work here. Of course the mayor is a retired DPW worker, maybe he is protecting his union colleagues.
why

Nedrow, NY

#15 Jun 13, 2013
how wrote:
I think we are talking about the second part, contracting out codes violations. My question is why not have the DPW cut the grass and the city collect the tax money? I think it's crazy to pay the same guys twice as much after work. The city charges the county, I'm sure either way we will pay in the end through taxes. Let the city collect and off set some local taxes. If it works in Ilion and Utica it should work here. Of course the mayor is a retired DPW worker, maybe he is protecting his union colleagues.
or his union colleagues filed a complaint.
how

Little Falls, NY

#16 Jun 13, 2013
Complaint? How could they complain about being told to cut grass? Utica and Ilion don't have unions. More like one hand washing the other.

Location hidden

#17 Jun 13, 2013
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
Point?
Point,set,and Match!
how

Little Falls, NY

#18 Jun 13, 2013
Another issue, another non-response. Afraid Bobby will slap you down again, understandable.

Location hidden

#19 Jun 13, 2013
how wrote:
Another issue, another non-response. Afraid Bobby will slap you down again, understandable.
I only respond to real issues. This thread is just another bloviation on parade!
Just Saying

New York, NY

#20 Jun 14, 2013
HawaiiStyleDave wrote:
<quoted text>I only respond to real issues. This thread is just another bloviation on parade!
You are a poster child for why we should give up our city charter. When multiple village idiots run unopposed and win by default, the community has become just another village. Just saying.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pez here!! 40 min Interested bystander 4
PEZ SEZ: Gerina Piller is HOT!, 1 hr Macho Man 7
Really, WHO IS THIS PEZ? 1 hr Trooper Tom 27
Little Falls promo video 3 hr aye 47
PEZ SLAMS Coach Jim Boeheim 14 hr Bill Murray aka Carl 36
Blabnic 15 hr Nope 14
the pez is relaxing at heron creek 23 hr John Fogerty 21

Little Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance