Mohawk Valley country Club - Fairways...
jadwick

New York, NY

#23 May 11, 2012
Honest Opinion wrote:
Ok, I can see how that was frustrating, however, if you have all this money to pay on your car payment and eat out twice per week, is that 10 dollars really that big of a deal? You could have gracefully made the decision to just not return. Instead, you come on here and trash a business, that really didn't have to honor your coupon. It was a coupon, not a gift certificate. I've had coupons that I printed from websites that weren't honored at local stores, I didn't come on topix and trash them, I just thought, well, I won't buy that merchandise at that store from now on, I'll go someplace where the coupons are offered. This website is trashy and classless and it makes you look the same by trying to discourage other people from going there...over a 10 dollar coupon.
I don't know who owns it but I went there and had an excellent lunch on the patio. We LOVE outside dining and the food was great, I was with 2 friends and we all had a great meal. The service was good, prompt and friendly and the drinks were awesome. Overlooking the golf course on a nice spring day, excellent! We plan to go back frequently, because again, we love sitting outside. The Bella Vista also has a nice deck but that patio was just awesome! We are also looking forward to the Waterfront Grille's new patio. But, we like to support local businesses and from what I understand, it's a local person who operates the Country Club.
I wouldn't view it as "trashing" the place at all. In fact, the OP is providing some helpful advice to the business owner -- honor a coupon, even if the coupons were initiated by the previous owner! Or risk losing a customer.

Whereas you would just walk away and not return, leaving the merchant clueless as to why, the OP has smartly taken the opportunity to air his grievance in a public forum.

Ultimately, that should benefit the business.

Young "Peppy" the owner will read this and say, "You know what, that was dumb ... we should have accepted the coupon. Next time, we will!" If "Peppy" really smart, he'll post an apology on here and generate some genuine good will, then maybe the OP will return someday.

And like the OP said, it's NOT about a mere $10, it's the principle of the thing and about running a customer-friendly business.
Honest Opinion

Syracuse, NY

#24 May 11, 2012
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing is, people PAY for those coupon books. They are NOT freebies. A business should think twice before not honoring one of those coupons, because it really does ANNOY the customer. And annoyed customers have this habit of complaining on forums and social-networking sites ... like Topix. Just saying.
On another issue that is kind of related, I have all but stopped buying local gift certificates. It sucks when a guy who knows he is going out of business sells gift certificates that he knows will never be honored. In fact that kinds of reminds me of fraud.
Are these the fundraising coupon books that you are talking about? I also purchase them but honestly, I've never even opened one up. I am buying them to support a local cause. Also, I have restaurants that I frequent and some that I don't due to some things that have happened. I just happen to have class and don't feel that starting a pissing match on topix is something appropriate to do. I guess I was just raised well, if you don't have something nice to say, then say nothing. It's called manners.
Honest Opinion

Syracuse, NY

#25 May 11, 2012
jadwick wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't view it as "trashing" the place at all. In fact, the OP is providing some helpful advice to the business owner -- honor a coupon, even if the coupons were initiated by the previous owner! Or risk losing a customer.
Whereas you would just walk away and not return, leaving the merchant clueless as to why, the OP has smartly taken the opportunity to air his grievance in a public forum.
Young "Peppy" the owner will read this and say, "You know what, that was dumb ... we should have accepted the coupon. Next time, we will!" If "Peppy" really smart, he'll post an apology on here and generate some genuine good will, then maybe the OP will return someday.
And like the OP said, it's NOT about a mere $10, it's the principle of the thing and about running a customer-friendly business.
Or..he could have talked to Peppy and let him know his point of view and maybe it could have been resolved there. That's what ADULTS do..
jadwick

New York, NY

#26 May 11, 2012
Honest Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Or..he could have talked to Peppy and let him know his point of view and maybe it could have been resolved there. That's what ADULTS do..
I expect that he DID express his dissatisfaction with the establishment's refusal to honor his coupon while he and his party were at the restaurant.
Honest Opinion

Syracuse, NY

#27 May 11, 2012
jadwick wrote:
<quoted text>
I expect that he DID express his dissatisfaction with the establishment's refusal to honor his coupon while he and his party were at the restaurant.
Oh really? Well.. this was taken right from his post so it seems that what you "expected" didn't really happen!! So, let me repeat myself, HE SHOULD HAVE TAKEN IT UP WITH THE OWNER OR MANAGER WHILE HE WAS AT THE RESTAURANT NOT POST IT ALL OVER TOPIX. THAT IS WHAT MATURE, RESPECTABLE, CLASSY ADULTS DO!!!

after having dinner there with a family member, i presented the coupon to the waitress prior to receiving the bill. she stated to me that she didnt think they took this coupon but would check. when she came back to my table she stated that the owner said that he does NOT honor this coupon because the restaurant is under new ownership. I thought that this was very wrong of the owner to refuse to accept this coupon.
jadwick

New York, NY

#28 May 11, 2012
Honest Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
HE SHOULD HAVE TAKEN IT UP WITH THE OWNER OR MANAGER WHILE HE WAS AT THE RESTAURANT NOT POST IT ALL OVER TOPIX. THAT IS WHAT MATURE, RESPECTABLE, CLASSY ADULTS DO!!!
Mature, respectable, classy adults do not write in ALL CAPS.
LFcitizen

Moravia, NY

#29 May 11, 2012
Honest Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really? Well.. this was taken right from his post so it seems that what you "expected" didn't really happen!! So, let me repeat myself, HE SHOULD HAVE TAKEN IT UP WITH THE OWNER OR MANAGER WHILE HE WAS AT THE RESTAURANT NOT POST IT ALL OVER TOPIX. THAT IS WHAT MATURE, RESPECTABLE, CLASSY ADULTS DO!!!
after having dinner there with a family member, i presented the coupon to the waitress prior to receiving the bill. she stated to me that she didnt think they took this coupon but would check. when she came back to my table she stated that the owner said that he does NOT honor this coupon because the restaurant is under new ownership. I thought that this was very wrong of the owner to refuse to accept this coupon.
well i DIDNT talk to the owner..it should have never went that far..the owner should have accepted the coupon and graciously say to me that they will no longer be accepted. thats the RIGHT thing to do! he had the opportunity to do so..he was right at the bar...but he chose not to. its not up to the customer nor should it be left to the customer to plead with the owner or manager. poor PR on his part...because of that he lost a repeat customer..and possibly more. so that $10.00 greedy mentality he has probably cost him much, much more. potential customers dont like ugly..topix gets my point across to may people in the area.

Its not up to the customer nor should it be left to the customer to plead with the owner. he needs my business...i dont need his! there ARE other restaurants in this area..he doesnt have the only one.

If the owner was a mature, respectable and a classy adult he would have never let this happen!
Snore

Long Eddy, NY

#30 May 11, 2012
Hey you idiots!!! The OP was asking how good the food was. Who in the hell cares about a frigging coupon? But while where on that subject - shame on you for not asking UP FRONT if they accepted the coupon. Obviously you think this place is a McDonalds that gives out 2 for 1 coffees. Why do I get the feeling you were copping attitude with the waitperson?
LFcitizen

West Hartford, CT

#31 May 11, 2012
Snore wrote:
Hey you idiots!!! The OP was asking how good the food was. Who in the hell cares about a frigging coupon? But while where on that subject - shame on you for not asking UP FRONT if they accepted the coupon. Obviously you think this place is a McDonalds that gives out 2 for 1 coffees. Why do I get the feeling you were copping attitude with the waitperson?
nope...you are totally wrong...in every part of your post. I see you know mcdonalds well just stick to having your dinners there ok fool
Biff and Dotie

Syracuse, NY

#32 May 11, 2012
Is this a seasonal restaurant?
lpool

United States

#33 May 11, 2012
I love the "customer is always right" statement from earlier. Let me guess...you are about 80 years old and think that customer service means kissing your rear end. If ten whole dollars is such a big deal, its pretty simple;don't go back. What's the need to smear someone like a two year old does?

“Do SOMETHING !!!”

Since: Jan 08

Indian Trail, NC

#34 May 11, 2012
Isn't the complaint about the previous owner?
And shouldn't HE/SHE be recompensing the coupon holder?
BWAHAHAHAHAHA

New York, NY

#35 May 11, 2012
UTLT wrote:
Isn't the complaint about the previous owner?
And shouldn't HE/SHE be recompensing the coupon holder?
Were you born this clueless? Or did you have to practice really hard to get this way?
LFcitizen

Moravia, NY

#36 May 11, 2012
lpool wrote:
I love the "customer is always right" statement from earlier. Let me guess...you are about 80 years old and think that customer service means kissing your rear end. If ten whole dollars is such a big deal, its pretty simple;don't go back. What's the need to smear someone like a two year old does?
Ipool sorry to bust your bubble but your wrong on this issue, I see you havent read all my posts...your wrong about being 80.., i dont expect an a$$ kissing form anyone..thank you,..and like in previous posts (if you would have read them) I stated i would NEVER go back, also its not the money its the principle. so before you go on the attack get your stories straight.
jadwick

New York, NY

#37 May 11, 2012
Biff and Dotie wrote:
Is this a seasonal restaurant?
It will be if they don't wise up about how to build loyal customer relationships!
Indy

Denver, CO

#38 May 11, 2012
If the coupons were created prior to the new owner taking over, then you'd think he'd be tickled that he's getting free advertising that the previous owner already paid for.... I would do whatever it takes to get people in my new restaurant and treat them well so they would come back - maybe offer a $15.00 off coupon next time....!

Who is the new owner by the way - sounds like he could use some free publicity.
placido

New York, NY

#39 May 12, 2012
Heard that this place has beome a big player hangout for Little Falls and the valley. Leave the spouse home?
Ron Paul

Durhamville, NY

#40 May 12, 2012
jadwick wrote:
<quoted text>
You have obviously never been in business, your right, its not about the $10 , lets say there where 1000 coupon books sold, but lets say 500 people come in to use the coupons, thats $5000 dollars in lost revenue that you never agreed to, the previous owner did. Profit margins are so slim in the food industry right now because of how much the price of food has risen. I think the general rule of thumb is people that use those coupon books Only go there because they are getting something cheaper, and the reality is no matter how good the meal is, they probably wont go back if they have to pay full price. Its the whole Walmart mentality.
cool hand luke

New York, NY

#41 May 12, 2012
Bottom line is you were a problem. customer and didn't leave a tip.$10 was a good investment to get rid of you! Create a problem and get a free dinner. I saw this happen. Bye!!!
Just Dining Out

New York, NY

#42 May 12, 2012
Bottom line is, the food there is great. We ate the fish fry on a Friday night and enjoyed a delicious mean. We definitely would go back.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Care and Comfort Cuomo Style 47 min Sit Down 23
Who is running for NYS Governor? 54 min Crazy Eddie 6
LFHS Athletic Director 18 hr Sad 49
It's garbage! 21 hr Crybabies 30
Utica Hospital Sun NoHospitalDowntown 2
Corruption in NY Sun Get Informed 2
Thanks to the Saratoga/Ilion Poster Sun Republicans and D... 8

Little Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance