is price chopper coming where big M is?
USux

New York, NY

#22 Nov 19, 2012
Truth Hurts wrote:
You people know That poster is absolutely current .The misfits that work their are really scummy..not to mention the horrlble food and filthy atmosphere.You people that enjoy that crappy except this.Well I go to Herkimer clean people clean store no rotten meats veggies or expired dairy products.Little Falls bottom of the barrel works at Big M.That's the truth..
I alomst hope you die a long, painful death from cancer, and soon. I've never wished that on ANYONE before. But you deserve it. Scum.
Agree

New York, NY

#23 Nov 19, 2012
cantbelieveit123 wrote:
<quoted text>
So sad that you must place judgement an others in such a manner to make yorself feel better than anyone else. It doesn't matter what sort of past anyone has had, anyone can change over time. I can relate to the people you are talking about, and every one of them seem to be clean, descent people. Totally NOT the way you have described them. I haven't ever had an issue with any of their workers and find them to be very nice to the public as well as clean and kind to customers. It sucks that people like you could so easily comment on people that treat others with respect and struggle to survive day after day because they have to work to keep their bills paid. Shame on you!!!!!!!
I will probably not shop at the new Price Chopper, just because of the mean and dishonest way this new development is being done. Making fun of the employees of the Big M is the last straw for me. From now on, I simply do not shop at Shoppers Square.
Unreal

Riverside, RI

#24 Nov 19, 2012
You're gonna cut down the people that work there, just because the place is run down, and needs help? These are good people, just trying to get by, like everyone else. I'll admit that certain things could be a little fresher, but that's the employee's fault?!-- Seriously? What a poor excuse for a human being. No one is stopping you -- Get the f*** out!
Scenery

Bradford, VT

#25 Nov 19, 2012
There's also a few cashiers that are HOT
hmm

United States

#26 Nov 20, 2012
Bottom of the barrel? Are you sure? You obviously have no clue of other things we have worked for/at. Your just another scumbag that likes to judge before you know anything.
Person in LF

Little Falls, NY

#27 Nov 20, 2012
I also know many of the people at Big M they are fine people, good at their jobs, i hope PC can accommodate most of them.
Person in LF

Little Falls, NY

#28 Nov 20, 2012
I loved all the MSF Hippocrats at the hearing yesterday lauding and flowering praise and support for the downtown project. 3 years ago when the quarry project was proposed, all of the MSFirsters stated that it was wrong to fund a retail project with state money. Now they fully support the same notion. Amazing to me.
ice cold beer

Ilion, NY

#29 Nov 20, 2012
Agree wrote:
<quoted text>
I will probably not shop at the new Price Chopper, just because of the mean and dishonest way this new development is being done. Making fun of the employees of the Big M is the last straw for me. From now on, I simply do not shop at Shoppers Square.
Your statement makes no sense whatsoever - time for another ice cold beer!!
tomwind

New York, NY

#30 Nov 20, 2012
did some one say beer, cant wait for pc
ipso facto wonderum

Little Falls, NY

#31 Nov 20, 2012
Person in LF wrote:
I loved all the MSF Hippocrats at the hearing yesterday lauding and flowering praise and support for the downtown project. 3 years ago when the quarry project was proposed, all of the MSFirsters stated that it was wrong to fund a retail project with state money. Now they fully support the same notion. Amazing to me.
It is illegal to fund retail with state money. How is this working?
Answer

Herkimer, NY

#32 Nov 20, 2012
ipso facto wonderum wrote:
<quoted text>
It is illegal to fund retail with state money. How is this working?
Everyone is going to look the other way and pretend nothing is wrong. We are going to pretend there are no grocery stores in the area.
Rahm E

Ilion, NY

#33 Nov 21, 2012
Answer wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone is going to look the other way and pretend nothing is wrong. We are going to pretend there are no grocery stores in the area.
It is what Democrats do - embrace it and your life will be much easier. Give me a call on your Obama phone while you spend your food stamp money at the nonexistent grocery store driving your car full of gas bought with your unemployment money on your way home to your section 8 free-to-you apartment so you can play x-box on your big screen TV which you bought with your welfare and SSI money.

We're in the deepest $hit we have EVER been in this country (thanks for the $5 trillion in new debt Obama ;-) and THIS is where you disgusting LIB DEMS finally decide to draw the line on spending????????? To quote Dick Cheney - "go f*ck yourself."
JOJO

Little Falls, NY

#34 Nov 21, 2012
You are forgetting who put us there. Mr. Mission Accomplished and his crony Dick Cheney a partner in Hellaburton who made billions off an illegal war.
Not Fer Nuthin

New York, NY

#35 Nov 21, 2012
Rahm E wrote:
<quoted text>
It is what Democrats do - embrace it and your life will be much easier. Give me a call on your Obama phone while you spend your food stamp money at the nonexistent grocery store driving your car full of gas bought with your unemployment money on your way home to your section 8 free-to-you apartment so you can play x-box on your big screen TV which you bought with your welfare and SSI money.
Ummm ... not fer nuthin ... but REPUBLICANS run the Herkimer County IDA and Legislature, which are the bodies that play the make-believe games to fund retail developments with tax-payer dollars.

I don't know nothing about national politics, but here in Herkimer County the GOP gives out tons of corporate welfare and crony welfare and cousin welfare.
Not Fer Nuthin

New York, NY

#36 Nov 21, 2012
Answer wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone is going to look the other way and pretend nothing is wrong. We are going to pretend there are no grocery stores in the area.
If I were the Big M owner, I would take this to the State auditor.
Organizer

New Hartford, NY

#37 Nov 21, 2012
Rahm E wrote:
<quoted text>
It is what Democrats do - embrace it and your life will be much easier. Give me a call on your Obama phone while you spend your food stamp money at the nonexistent grocery store driving your car full of gas bought with your unemployment money on your way home to your section 8 free-to-you apartment so you can play x-box on your big screen TV which you bought with your welfare and SSI money.
We're in the deepest $hit we have EVER been in this country (thanks for the $5 trillion in new debt Obama ;-) and THIS is where you disgusting LIB DEMS finally decide to draw the line on spending????????? To quote Dick Cheney - "go f*ck yourself."
Dick Cheney was and is a no good SOB who should rot in hell.Him and Bush are responsible for all our boys that have died in the Middle East for made up nonsense.As far as food stamps and programs you call handouts I suppose we should let all the unfortunates starve to death and roam the streets.Don't forget who is responsible for creating all the turmoil and recession everyone has gone through and continues to.Obviously the majority of the voters haven't forgotten either.All we would have needed was another big business the hell with the working guy president.The trouble with a lot of people that wear nice clothes to work and don't get their hands dirty is that they don't realize they are still a little guy.
Person in LF

Little Falls, NY

#38 Nov 21, 2012
ipso facto wonderum wrote:
<quoted text>
It is illegal to fund retail with state money. How is this working?
It is not illegal but needs more disclosure and the extra hearing that was conducted Monday. Lets face it, there are not many industrial applications for the aid.
Fact Check

Herkimer, NY

#39 Nov 21, 2012
Person in LF wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not illegal but needs more disclosure and the extra hearing that was conducted Monday. Lets face it, there are not many industrial applications for the aid.
It is illegal to use IDA funding for retail projects, with a few exceptions. IDA funding is for industry, not retail. That is NY State law. Here is a nice summary: http://www.growmonroe.org/comida/incentives/n...
Maybe

Syracuse, NY

#40 Nov 21, 2012
Fact Check wrote:
<quoted text>
It is illegal to use IDA funding for retail projects, with a few exceptions. IDA funding is for industry, not retail. That is NY State law. Here is a nice summary: http://www.growmonroe.org/comida/incentives/n...
This project fits the qualification listed below for IDA monies.

Certain retail facilities, as allowed by exception criterion below, as defined by New York State Law: The retail definition includes retail sales of tangible personal property or services to customers who personally visit such facilities. Tourism destination, which means the facility is likely to attract a significant number of visitors from outside the region
Applicant would locate outside the state
Services would not be reasonably accessible to the residents of a municipality because of a lack of reasonably accessible retail trade facilities offering such goods or services from outside the region
The project is located in a highly distressed area
Nonsense

Herkimer, NY

#41 Nov 21, 2012
Maybe wrote:
<quoted text>
This project fits the qualification listed below for IDA monies.
Certain retail facilities, as allowed by exception criterion below, as defined by New York State Law: The retail definition includes retail sales of tangible personal property or services to customers who personally visit such facilities. Tourism destination, which means the facility is likely to attract a significant number of visitors from outside the region
Applicant would locate outside the state
Services would not be reasonably accessible to the residents of a municipality because of a lack of reasonably accessible retail trade facilities offering such goods or services from outside the region
The project is located in a highly distressed area
Nonsense. We fit none of those three exceptions.

1. Price Chopper is in New York to stay.
2. We already have several grocery stores (Big M in town, Hannaford and Walmart 5 minutes away).
3. Little Falls is not a highly distressed area.

They'll do it anyway, just because they can get away with it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fireworks Rotary Park Tonight 7 hr Gunn6 3
MSF at it again 16 hr Moonshine 10
Wedding BS Thu Vince mcmahon 5
Amber in utica Thu Vince mcmahon 16
Sucks that Little Falls will be in a HORROR movie Thu Nuttys 56
A Grand Old Flag Thu Moose 8
Lydia Jouben Wed LFPD 18

Little Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Little Falls Mortgages