The Colony Season 3 on hold after guy...
Grrr

Leicester, NC

#168 Jan 15, 2014
One of the dudes in season 2 got an elbow drop to the neck. it happened the first time the whole gang of mauraders came along. I thought that was bad... Then I tried to find out why they hadn't made a season 3... Oh. Well. That's real reality tv for ya.
Anon

Canton, OH

#169 Jan 15, 2014
Wow. This conversation is almost two years old and still going
On the fence

United States

#170 Jan 23, 2014
I agree the show must continue and yes there wad waiver signed...BUT at the beginning of each show it stats that the hostile have been instructed not to actually physically harm the participants becuz it is ONLY a simulation. The person who went over board and killed this poor soul should still face legal action because he failed to hold his end of the bargain up which in essence the safety of the participants. He should not get away with murder because of a waiver. The waiver is meant for natural disasters, not human ones. With that said i absolutely love the show but precautions shouldn't have been so lose. In other words control your staff discover. My heart goes out the family of the loved ones and of the soul lost. But please believe that his efforts were to teach the rest of us how to survive in such situations. So again i say. I'm on the fence on this.
Aaron

Denver, CO

#171 Jan 28, 2014
It is kind of bizarre how it has been pointed out time and time and time again that no one died, it is a wannabe urban legend, a stupid rumor, the production crew confirmed that season 3 never got past casting, not a minute was even filmed, it got cancelled due to low ratings and only because of low ratings yet people are still going on and on about how someone died. This is how stupidity is spread.
Ryan Smith

Mchenry, IL

#172 Jan 28, 2014
Even with the unfortunate incident no matter if the person died or not I would love an opportunity to participate in an experiment such as this. I would like to participate not only to acurately assess my own survival ability, but to allow others to learn from the journey. Ive seen people mock the show and people love the show. I love it from the scientific stand point. I grew up in the country so there are many skills I acquired just from that, but my appreciation for this televised experiment is that it puts perspective into the minds of those who have lived there entire lives in the concrete jungles. Discovery sign me up!
Maly

Macedonia, OH

#173 Jan 29, 2014
I have watched the first 2 seasons and I am still waiting for the third. I hope they film it wether or not the accident hapend.
jack meh off

Wasilla, AK

#174 Feb 1, 2014
If you go on the colony's face book page it says, nobody died. There is a link to another show called the colony were a girl did die. It also says that discovery canceled the show due to poor ratings.
Icouldntthinkofa coolname

Elizabethton, TN

#175 Feb 2, 2014
Ok. So we all know no one died. This is established. But how do we get it back on air or inspire someone else to make a rip-off "same thing different name" version?
Icouldntthinkofa coolname

Elizabethton, TN

#176 Feb 2, 2014
Yeah me too! Even me being very young (18) I would love to be in it. I've always e interested in a post apocalyptic world, especially the factors of scavenging, and security and I'd be good with building (my dad's a carpenter and has taught me everything he knows.)
dgfdsgfds

Terre Haute, IN

#177 Feb 5, 2014
I really hope they bring this show back. I can't believe it had low ratings (whatever the hell "ratings" even are anymore--I don't think they've ever made sense; I've never spoken to anyone who completely understood what ratings were).

Anyway, yeah, I hope they bring it back. It's a great show.
Joe

Vista, CA

#178 Feb 7, 2014
I will tell you one fact. Posting about the show in a message board is not going to bring it back. Petitions can be signed, letters can be written, e-mails can be sent, phone calls can be made. I've done them all.
I'll bet none of you have done any of that. You just whine here and hope someone does the work for you. The Discovery Channel doesn't read this. You need to contact them directly. Fill their inbox, call their phones until they listen.

If you want something, you have to work for it. So get off your ass and do something.

P.S. No one died on the show. Discovery canceled it due to poor ratings.
Nick Wat

Woodbridge, VA

#179 Feb 18, 2014
i just want to enjoy the show without skeptisism
dayton

Davison, MI

#180 Feb 19, 2014
So what that's part of the experience they know going into an apocalyptic environment death is among one of the many things you will have to deal with, we all watched people die in movies and TV shows but does anyone remember The Crow, Bruce Lee's son was shot on set purposely and they still released the film and it was pretty big.... The colony always tried to reenact real life situations and how to deal with them.... death is something they didn't expect no one ever does but it's real and people should know how to and see how people handle something like that. Death is sad but it's life.
jake

Tulsa, OK

#181 Mar 4, 2014
I'm sorry but I hope I'm not the only one who whenever sees that Morgan chick from season ones face and almost throws up
NEED TO KNOW

Helena, MT

#182 Mar 20, 2014
Who died?!?! Which character?!?!?!
Alex

Brooklyn, NY

#183 Mar 21, 2014
No offense to the family of the deceased but I thank then producers b/c this stuff will give people idea's for when shit hits the fan this person know what they where in for might not knowing death but he/she know what the risk was we all have seen in the past 2 seasons that s}#| happence and with the signing off of there rights you as#hole fu€¥#rs trying to f%k a good show over one personce death is bull hundreds of people die each and every day one more won't change this and trying to use a law suit won't bring them back so shut your traps and get on with your life in the word of the theater. " the show must go on" now get it going b/c if I was given the chance to go on this show I would be happy and I'm 16 for heaven sacks
Alex

Brooklyn, NY

#184 Mar 21, 2014
No they shouldn't there was a Sean in season 2 where harm came to the colonist not a deadly one it non the less stuff is going to happen i nor you could have stoped it and sertantly not the prod users or the man that did it what is done is done can't change it now these dolls signed there life away and need not b reimbursed for any thing that happence on Sean not even death and knapsack as on that hase lose plenty of friends and family to stuff that shouldn't have happened family take befor there time and I sit here typing to you now saying your wronge his guy is free to live his life don't f u c k his life just for the sack one one death then hundreds die each hour
Rosella Larson

Minneapolis, MN

#186 Jul 16, 2014
actually there was not a death for season 3 I did some research and the actually reason it was cancelled was apparently because of low ratings. The death was from an Australian show also called The Colony but it was about how a family would handle being settlers in the 19th century this is why you need to back up sources
bring it back

Norcross, GA

#187 Jul 18, 2014
I loved the.colony and wish it would air again so let.the people.know.whats happening.
Ethan

Princeton, WV

#188 Jul 28, 2014
I think that the colony is a well controlled exoerement. People are hurt and wounded. But it simulates dooms day amazingly. Its exactly how I see it in my eyes. And it makes me and other views prepared in the event. They should continue to make it even under the surcomstances

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Elm Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 1 hr Pussycat 1,047
Debbie that worked at the bunk house wagon wheel Dec '16 Guest 1
Robert Bobby Merritt Nov '16 Frfr 1
ATI Career Training Center in Dallas, Texas A Scam (Nov '06) Nov '16 Pammyl66 397
The colony masonic lodge Oct '16 The colony masond 1
Gang Activity (May '11) Oct '16 Josh 6
mjw (Jun '16) Sep '16 pops 2

Little Elm Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Little Elm Mortgages