The Colony Season 3 on hold after guy...
Mike

Ligonier, PA

#124 Jul 29, 2013
nobody died. That is BS. They decided to go with bacon nation instead of the colony because the ratings on the second season weren't that good. They traded post apocalyptic catastrophe for bacon. ridiculous. I like bacon as much as the next person but really? bacon nation? Let make America fatter.
rocking robin

Sewell, NJ

#125 Aug 6, 2013
i enjoy the show and its true teachings
I wanna know

Bardstown, KY

#126 Aug 6, 2013
When will season 3 air
repo man

United States

#128 Aug 9, 2013
Amazing how noone reads many comments. They just believe first thing they read, that someone died. Noone died dicktards!!! Simply put, the shpw had horrible ratings.
It happens

Lockport, NY

#129 Aug 11, 2013
This man knew the risks. I think it wouldve made for a great epsiode and actually proven how dangerous these situations can be. But of course we have to have a "moral" standing and won't ever be allowed to see.
Shane

Turkey

#130 Aug 13, 2013
chad wrote:
The colony season 3 was forced to be put on hold after an applicant winds up dead when a hostile' weapon hits his head and he falls down a flight of stairs. The family of the deceased applicant is pursuing a law suit but is dead in the water due to the waver signed by the man dismissed all legal rights to the producers
Oh my god I was so happy when I read this, it's just on hold. SEASON 3!!!! oh yeah sucks for the dead guy, but shit happens he could have just as if not more easily died going shopping.
that guy

Brewster, MA

#132 Aug 17, 2013
It is a shame. Amazing show, wrongful death, the show should air with it dedicated to the victim. All proceeds should go to the family. But it was a survival show you know the risks going in. Not saying they should be put in life threatening situations for the value of the show. There was red flags about the hostles in season two, management should've stepped in to calm it down... love the show ... please bring the show back or one like it
Mike

Ligonier, PA

#133 Aug 17, 2013
It's not true. No one died. They canceled the show (they said due to low ratings). It's a shame. I really loved the show. please being it back.
Fan

Mountain View, CA

#134 Aug 21, 2013
Please bring back The Colony.
Concerned with human race

Seattle, WA

#135 Aug 28, 2013
1. A man died, and so do 120,000 on average in the U.S. per year due to accidents. So the station will likely take security precautions to ensure this never happens again.

2. Should fans want to see the show they're a fan of? Yes. Does it make them morbid or emotionally disenfranchised? Hell no!

3. The guy signed a waiver, knowing the risks, and the producers of the show should not be held liable for the safety of someone taking part in a simulated dangerous environment. Should we start shutting down police and military academies because they are put at risk in dangerous simulated exercises?

4. You can whine, act self-righteous, and be diluted as much as you want, but it will not make a bit of difference.

5. I'm truly sorry for the family, it's not the most dignified way to die, but it would be the right thing for the producers to at least pay for the funeral expenses.

-Cheers everyone
Josh

Millinocket, ME

#136 Aug 28, 2013
where is the source
Professional researcher

Clovis, CA

#137 Aug 30, 2013
A quick Google of the colony facebook page along with the comments they state themselves no one died. Whoever started this rumor is a troll and you all who are believing and commenting are ignorant and feeding the troll. And to the person who said yeah he signed a waiver but didn't expect to be hurt or killed LOL.. we're dying as a species because we have people like that in society.
Lonnie

Dayton, OH

#138 Sep 3, 2013
NOBODY WAS KILLED - Discovery just hasn't renewed it.
Colonized

New York, NY

#139 Sep 7, 2013
This is false. It wasn't resigned due to a slump in ratings. It was cast but filming never started. Damn this interwebs.
the host that post

Albion Park, Australia

#140 Sep 11, 2013
Its obviouse no one died if u take the time to follow up on some of the comments. But a 132 coment forum of arguing about a "waver form" is plain stupid. When did u stop being human?

A life threatening situation on paper is not the same as actualy being killed.

If the companay deneys lability should not the man who struck him be charged?

If i offered u $100,000 to be on tv in a dangeriouse show of physical endurance would u take one to two hours to read the fine print in the forms, or are u that tough?(its TV right)

Im not saying its real ... but defending it is kinda sub human.
PAY ATTENTION

South Bend, IN

#141 Sep 14, 2013
They never made season 3 AND NO ONE DIED

https://www.facebook.com/Discovery.The.Colony...
There is a Season 3

Alamo, CA

#142 Sep 24, 2013
Sept. 24 2013
I just finish watching Season 1 and 2 on Amazon instant video prime for free. But Season 3 cost...

On Amazon, there is a Season 3 and it is under a different name: "Doomsday Preppers" and if you click on it, it goes into the story line for the Colony with less people apparently.
sal

Grand Prairie, TX

#143 Sep 24, 2013
A true survival experience will have its losses.its sad a fabricated situation took his life and I'm sad for the family.the show should offer to cover his funeral out of respects for this mistake. Yet i feel to truly prepare us for the future we should be made gruesomly aware of what could and will happen.this show is the most beneficial reality series i have yet to see.
The Colony on Discovery

Port Jefferson, NY

#144 Oct 1, 2013
This never happened. The show never finished casting through Metal Flowers Media before it was placed on semi-permanent hold, then later cancelled. It was poor ratings of the second season that lead to the non renewal.
Astounded

Brisbane, Australia

#145 Oct 2, 2013
This forum has brought out the bottom of the barrel. Lots of 'who cares? he signed a waiver.' and 'I wud be da bestest cuz I'm tuff'. No one can 'sign their life away'. That's why euthanasia is illegal or we would have hunger games or the running man already. Talk about paving the way for soylent green, bottom of the barrel people really. Not that anyone actually died.

Best thing about the show was seeing how they made things, not he hype from the 'hostiles'. First season they made a wood gasifer and soap. The way that guy disinfected the water with ozone was pretty ingenious too.

One last thing, this show was not an experiment. There was no experimental control and no conclusions. Was just a reality show.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Elm Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Aug 17 District farts 977
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Aug 15 More farts 790
Megan Davis Aug 7 CLB 2
bobcat Aug 3 lois 1
Loud noises on Wilcox Jul '15 Tanner foster 1
Where did chief rhodes go? Jul '15 Drinking Pal 1
Austin Ranch-girl falls from 4th floor (Jun '11) Jul '15 NCapps 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Little Elm Mortgages