Mathieu

Toronto, Canada

#43 Jan 14, 2013
It's just a post and it's a fluke. The show was cancel. I would have to bet that it's due to overall cost. I mean, There's no cost for the cast but what about the Terrain? I mean renting out a 10 square acres of urban post-appocalyptic land must not be cheap. Finding the people willing to leave for an average of 2 months your closed one for nothing else than prosperity..pfff seem like a bad choice. Now adding the risk factor, the insurance, the cost of creating a show will lots and lots of hidden camera, some full time permanent cameraman. Survivor has been able to survive 'cause they're money, there's 2 season per year per Islands (country). It's a super popular show. It has lots and lots of hidden camera. So that being said, the money it cost VS the ratings is mostly the reason and not Death!
Eric

Bethlehem, PA

#44 Jan 14, 2013
Yes. There are dangers. There are also limits.
I KNOW this would not happen, but what if the "hostiles" just went in and killed all of the colonist? Is it, well, then signed a waver.......
You expect dangers in this TV show, but being murdered is not one of them.
I mean, you fall and break your neck, sure you signed a waver. Perhaps something falls on you, well you signed a waver. But someone murders you, no.
Not surprised

Ashburn, VA

#45 Jan 20, 2013
Waivers are for negligent acts, not intentional misconduct. Unless the producers explained to the participant that he might experience, and therefore waive, injury from a weapon being intentionally thrown at his head, they're likely to have a bad day in court. It's a shame the show allowed physical altercations between the participants and the hostiles, anything for ratings. This will settle before trial.
raincitygirl

Marysville, WA

#46 Jan 22, 2013
this was posted on the official facebook page:

It seems we are still getting a lot of a "Somebody died while filming season 3" rumor. We just like to clear things up. Nobody was killed, Nobody was seriously hurt. Not one second of footage was filmed for season 3. Season 3 never made it through casting (which is done by Metal Flowers Media) Discovery simply did not renew the show based on ratings and ad revenue, nothing more. It happens to shows all the time. Once again, No footage was filmed. Nobody was cast. How can someone die that was never cast? Think about it...- The Colony
ghf

Duluth, GA

#47 Jan 23, 2013
it was obvious that no one died and the fools who believed it would also believe the sky is green. morons
Bring it back

New York, NY

#48 Jan 23, 2013
. The show should give alil something for funeral costs and alil income help.. Not millions like the guys family wants probably, cuz he did sign a waiver, but something helpful enough. I also think/hope the show will be back, including the footage of the death. I know it sounds morbid, but I think it's an important part. And hopefully the other participants will stay strong and finished. This is in my opinion one of the best/ important to humanity and true reality shows out there. Bring it back!
Random Guy213123

Mclean, VA

#49 Jan 24, 2013
MY favorite guy is not from season 2 but from season 1, "the Proffesor" John Cohn. oh and is this accurate? that someone died? thats understandable why its on hold.. and thats really sad.. Hats off to the family on the deceased..
Kerl

Kent, WA

#50 Jan 26, 2013
It was the most realistic show I've ever seen... PERIOD!! The fact that a man passed away from it is terrible. This " show " isn't entertainment.... Jims behavior through out the entire show demonstrates just how much you change in extreme circumstances. I thought he was about to crack when he ate the lizard !!!! This series, should be listed as a documentary. It is gritty and real. No one trusts the goverment.
Vic

Long Branch, NJ

#51 Jan 27, 2013
I have to agree with a few of the posts here. I don't believe anyone died and I don't believe that Season 3 ever started filming. In this day and age of digital media over-coverage, one would expect this story of a reality-show wannabe actually dying on the show. In this scenario however, I don't think waivers would amount to much, at that point you can expect your local, state, and federal governments to get involved not to mention the FCC.

Anyway, I loved the shows too, and I hope they would produce a third, fourth, fifth and sixth season, however money talks, and I guess this show wasn't popular enough.
MoLewis

Lakewood, CA

#52 Feb 1, 2013
Why would the family sue? Money won't bring your lived back, why being someone down with you?
petition

San Antonio, TX

#53 Feb 2, 2013
anyone know what happend to the petition? Not open anymore and it didn't hit it's signature goal. i wish there were more shows out there like this. I keep rewatching whenever I show it to someone else and get them hooked.
bosshogg

Long Beach, CA

#54 Feb 8, 2013
Ashamed wrote:
You guys need to listen to yourselves. A man's life was lost and all you are worried about is your entertainment. Season two I thought while being factual, the hostiles were far to dangerous and added an unknown element to the show. There could have been a much better way to simulate battle situations.
Cancel the show. I no longer wish to watch knowing a man's life was lost.
Thats all self rightous and stuff but in reality u drive ur car and use ur electricity ect... and no one person ever gave a darn about the thousands of men who willingly gave thier lives so there family could possibly live, and the men who still die every year for example in the oilfields so u can have your luxuries...it was a sweet ass show and it needs to come back so i can be on it.
jman

Angier, NC

#55 Feb 8, 2013
i hope the show comes back soon it was really good
jman

Angier, NC

#56 Feb 8, 2013
loved the show needs to come out with another season fast
Shameless

Hoboken, NJ

#57 Feb 10, 2013
Ashamed wrote:
You guys need to listen to yourselves. A man's life was lost and all you are worried about is your entertainment. Season two I thought while being factual, the hostiles were far to dangerous and added an unknown element to the show. There could have been a much better way to simulate battle situations.
Cancel the show. I no longer wish to watch knowing a man's life was lost.
You should be ashamed! An accident happen. Need to get over it. When a real event like this happen what do we do? Shit happens and this is a reality check. Waiver was signed with the applicant knowing full well the risks. There are other dangerous events going on around the world might as stop them too.
Reality

Boone, NC

#58 Feb 10, 2013
Americans are so stupid! Do you hear yourself? You'd rather have a great show instead of a saved life. This is sounding a lot like "The Hunger Games". You're so stupid for making these comments...a life is GONE. A family will forever miss a part of their heart, and all you have to say is "O well, shouldn't of signed that paper! Sucks for you!"

You all shall perish according the greed of your own hearts.
Bring Back Colony

Gainesville, FL

#59 Feb 11, 2013
Heart goes to the family and all who knows the man, but the show needs to go on. I know that the family is grieving there loss and trying to stop the show but he signed a waver and no one can stop that. Im sorry for the familys loss and I hope that the colony is supporting the family as much as they can
The Colony on Discovery

Medford, NY

#60 Feb 13, 2013
Can you please provide any credible news links to this supposed death? You would think such a tragedy would be written in at least major media outlet after all. It's not like the show was cancelled due to poor ratings with 75% of it's fan base coming from Netflix.
anthony

Jacksonville, FL

#61 Feb 16, 2013
it's rally sad how this could happen but accidents happen and this one ended badly with a person dieing i feel for the family the show can just say that the person went into the woods or got lost and never came back like they did in season 1 so they don't have to go trew all the sad things and stuff
Angry_fan

H°jbjerg, Denmark

#62 Feb 17, 2013
How can some people post such cold comments. It's a mans life we're talking about here and all some people care about is getting to watch season 3. What if it where you or one of you're family members.. and yes, he signed the waver, but he obviously didn't expect to die when he signed it.
I've seen the first two seasons and miss the show just as much, but I fully understand if season 3 will never air because of this. So tragic!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Elm Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 16 min Fossilfarts 677
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 5 hr Manny 535
What Has Happened to Little Elm? (Mar '13) Oct 9 Jose 4
ATI Career Training Center in Dallas, Texas A Scam (Nov '06) Sep 29 Tag 384
Exchange Student Host Families needed! Sep '14 Christine Sanders 1
Parents Protest Anti-Abortion Demonstrator Near... Sep '14 Cheryl Libbert 1
TC Police Chief's wife arrested (Dec '12) Sep '14 Ignorance is a bl... 7

Little Elm News Video

Little Elm Dating
Find my Match

Little Elm Jobs

Little Elm People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE