Child Named Suspect In Child Porn Pos...

Child Named Suspect In Child Porn Possession Case

There are 26 comments on the NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth story from Apr 3, 2008, titled Child Named Suspect In Child Porn Possession Case. In it, NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth reports that:

Little Elm authorities are investigating a multi-state child porn case where the suspect is a young boy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bud

United States

#1 Apr 3, 2008
At fourteen the kid knew what he was doing. Go ahead and press charges, if it were an adult male the charges would have already been applied. Just cause this kid is cooperating do not mistake it for not knowing what he was doing. At fourteen I knew all there was to know about sex, and did my share of it, but did not post pictures around or carry pictures for others to see. At fourteen a youngman is very versed on the oposite sex. The trouble with kids today is they do these things thinking it is cute and they get away with it, so what did they learn.
Bubba Ledbetter

United States

#2 Apr 3, 2008
Another home with no discipline and parent
ignorance. Get your head out!
Goose

Waco, TX

#3 Apr 3, 2008
Do you bust a child for looking at adult porn?

Or do you bust a child looking at child porn?

Still... a parent should be on the watch anyway for what they look at.
Erin

Dallas, TX

#4 Apr 3, 2008
The reason child porn is wrong is because it caters to adults who like to have sex with children, which is wrong and disgusting and victimizes innocent kids. But if a 14 year old is looking at 14 year olds...that's well, normal.
No charges for this kid. There just isn't anything about a 14 year old looking at 14 year olds that screams "sexual deviant" to me.
MELVIN

Carrollton, TX

#6 Apr 3, 2008
if he is 14 and looking at kids his own age i see nothing wrong with it ... the only thing i have a problem with is when they are adults and looking at kids ... kids will be kids ... i think it should be left up to his parents to do what they think is best ... not the law ...
Whitey

United States

#7 Apr 3, 2008
Adult supervision, ADULT supervision, ADULT SUPERVISION!
Nothing more need be said.
Pandemonium

Laredo, TX

#8 Apr 4, 2008
Has anyone checked out youtube lately. I was looking for a specific dance the other day and came across a gazillion teenaged girls dancing as if they were 20. They've made clips and made them public. Their parents have no clue that thousands of people ogle their kids daily. Parents should be held accountable too for what their minors are doing on the home computer. It's not just something you let the kid sit down at so he's occupied. I am disgusted at the lack of parenting going on these days.
Julzbc

United States

#10 Apr 4, 2008
I agree with Pandemonium, my 6 year old got on you tube the other day and typed in "sexy naked women" and you would not believe the stuff that was on there, needless to say, he will not be able to get to that sight ever again.
Heather H

United States

#11 Apr 4, 2008
The child shouldn't be looking at porn of any sort to begin with but he is 14 and he is a curious teen. If anything I'd rather my child to be looking at porn online or something, then out experimenting with girls in person and then he catch some disease or get a girl pregnant. I don't think he should be charged with child porn, but he should get some sort of punishment from his parents.
RRandall

United States

#12 Apr 4, 2008
It's a child. Yes he needs some help but a kid looking at kids not the same as a man looking at kids...
William

Dallas, TX

#13 Apr 4, 2008
Erin wrote:
The reason child porn is wrong is because it caters to adults who like to have sex with children, which is wrong and disgusting and victimizes innocent kids. But if a 14 year old is looking at 14 year olds...that's well, normal.
I have to agree with Erin. The problem here is child neglect from the parents, which is a case for CPS. Even if the kid is looking at stuff at kids as young as 10, that is only a 4 year age difference, and if he is in middle school, the age group of the people he is in school with. I am not saying that child porn should be made legal, but I am sick of hearing about these child porn cases where teens are just being teens - like the teens who took video on their cell phones who are now being charged with creation, posession and distribution of child porn. With some of the stuff I have been seeing lately, I sure am glad I am above the age of 18, because it seems like if you are below the age of 18, you have no rights whatsoever, and are instantly a criminal until proven innocent.
Virgie

Laredo, TX

#14 Apr 4, 2008
This is a very sad story. This child is way to young to be thinking in this manner. Parents have become so trusting of this generation of children that they lack to see the things children are getting involved in under their own roof. Computers are a gateway to the WORLD...what they type in they will find...it's your job as a parent to be INTERESTED in what your child is doing on or off the computer and in and out of your home. COme on these are children, we brought them into this world it is our job to see they become trusted, valued adults...PAY ATTENTION!!!!
Scott

New York, NY

#15 Apr 4, 2008
Problem with that is most parents don't know what is best any more, those days are gone. parents are ignorant. If this kid is starting now, looking at kids, he will continue most likely when he is older. has to be stopped now.
MELVIN wrote:
if he is 14 and looking at kids his own age i see nothing wrong with it ... the only thing i have a problem with is when they are adults and looking at kids ... kids will be kids ... i think it should be left up to his parents to do what they think is best ... not the law ...
Get real

Fort Worth, TX

#16 Apr 4, 2008
Too many hypocrites. Come on now how many of you screaming "adult supervision" snuck playboys and penthouses into your rooms or ogled them with your friends. Were your parents awful because they "allowed" this? There is nothing abnormal about a 14 year old boy looking at pictures of girls, especially the same age. Is this kid in high school or starting next year. Remember those years and what YOU did before speaking.
CLS

Colleyville, TX

#18 Apr 4, 2008
WHY are there even any 14 year olds on the internet for this child to look at to begin with??? Something is wrong with this whole story. Kids have to be monitored while using computers.
Scott

New York, NY

#19 Apr 4, 2008
Personally no I didn't I had descent parents who taught how sex was to be respected and women were to be respected also. But that aside and i know what you say is true of many, where do you draw the line? I mean you walk through any mall now, you see girls with skimpy clothes on with basically everything showing, But yet they are the same girls who would cry rape if guy came onto them. Picture of any aged woman (or man, if your a girl looking) can be a temptation. People do not understand the damage that porn can do. People because of morals these days, just brush porn of as nothing, in fact it's up there with the number one reason relationships and marriages fall apart. But no one care about that anymore. So why not stop the 14 year old in his tracks now, not saying he has to be punished like a rapist or any, but make him aware of his actions and consequences.
Get real wrote:
Too many hypocrites. Come on now how many of you screaming "adult supervision" snuck playboys and penthouses into your rooms or ogled them with your friends. Were your parents awful because they "allowed" this? There is nothing abnormal about a 14 year old boy looking at pictures of girls, especially the same age. Is this kid in high school or starting next year. Remember those years and what YOU did before speaking.
TmE

Fort Worth, TX

#20 Apr 4, 2008
I agree Scott but there is a big difference than scaring a 14 year old kid and branding him a sex offender for the remainder of his life and/or sending him to jail.
Scott

New York, NY

#21 Apr 4, 2008
yeah i agree i am not saying to brand him a sex offender, but do make him accountable in some way. I don't see just letting him walk scott free with no accountability is the answer either.
TmE wrote:
I agree Scott but there is a big difference than scaring a 14 year old kid and branding him a sex offender for the remainder of his life and/or sending him to jail.
Dee

United States

#22 Apr 4, 2008
I see lots of people saying that the kid needs punishment, and lots of others saying that he's just being a normal 14 year old kid, and to a point I can see both arguments. I think everyone can agree that child pornography is a big problem in general, so in a case like this where do you draw the line? Is it ok up until he turns 18? Does it go from normal, ok, and excusable one day to immoral, perverted, and disgusting the next? I don't think so. I do not think he should be labelled a sex offender or spend time in jail, but I definitely think he needs to receive punishment and some stiff consequences so that he knows this is not ok, not acceptable, and will not be tolerated. He's got less than 4 years until he is considered an adult, that's not that far away. And at 14 he is old enough to know right from wrong, and curiousity does not over rule that.
Scott

New York, NY

#23 Apr 7, 2008
Agreed, he still has to be held accountable.
Dee wrote:
I see lots of people saying that the kid needs punishment, and lots of others saying that he's just being a normal 14 year old kid, and to a point I can see both arguments. I think everyone can agree that child pornography is a big problem in general, so in a case like this where do you draw the line? Is it ok up until he turns 18? Does it go from normal, ok, and excusable one day to immoral, perverted, and disgusting the next? I don't think so. I do not think he should be labelled a sex offender or spend time in jail, but I definitely think he needs to receive punishment and some stiff consequences so that he knows this is not ok, not acceptable, and will not be tolerated. He's got less than 4 years until he is considered an adult, that's not that far away. And at 14 he is old enough to know right from wrong, and curiousity does not over rule that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Elm Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gang Activity (May '11) Aug 16 TornadicFury 4
Depil Brazil Waxing Studio - The Colony Aug 16 mosemariah 1
ATI Career Training Center in Dallas, Texas A Scam (Nov '06) Jun '16 fyazzie 394
mjw Jun '16 shame 1
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun '16 robert 994
Where did chief rhodes go? (Jul '15) Dec '15 Bo Moore 3
Stephen durkin (Feb '15) Dec '15 DFWDAD 2

Little Elm Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Little Elm Mortgages