Suspect arrested in Little Elm teen's slaying

Jan 22, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WFAA

Police say a 16-year-old boy is under arrest after confessing to his role in the weekend shooting death of 17-year-old Ryan Cook.

Comments
1 - 20 of 25 Comments Last updated Jan 17, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Boxer Dog

Carthage, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2009

Judged:

I am so grateful that our finest has done their job well. I know that Ryan's family and friends are relieved and I pray for them and justice be swift and fair.
Yea right

Flower Mound, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2009

Judged:

The article stats that he was shot with a .357 behind the right ear from close range... yet when you see the photos of the car there is no blood. I will wait to have an opinion on the 16 y/o until car is tested for gunpowder residue to see if the gun was fired from inside or outside the car. It just does not make sence why so close to graduation and on his way to see his g/f why he would be mixed up in wanting to rob a drug dealer.
Drugs R Bad

Stephenville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2009

Judged:

Yea right wrote:
The article stats that he was shot with a .357 behind the right ear from close range... yet when you see the photos of the car there is no blood. I will wait to have an opinion on the 16 y/o until car is tested for gunpowder residue to see if the gun was fired from inside or outside the car. It just does not make sence why so close to graduation and on his way to see his g/f why he would be mixed up in wanting to rob a drug dealer.
Why does anyone get mixed up with drugs? Teens these days think their such bad asses.
ryans cousin

San Angelo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2009

Judged:

Drugs R Bad wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does anyone get mixed up with drugs? Teens these days think their such bad asses.
You and anyone else who says that my cousin got mixed up with drugs is an idiot he would never do that and i know it he was a nice guy and was good at sports to so dont ever say he got mixed up with drugs.
ryans cousin

San Angelo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2009

and dont even mouth off
concerned

Little Elm, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

ryans cousin wrote:
<quoted text> You and anyone else who says that my cousin got mixed up with drugs is an idiot he would never do that and i know it he was a nice guy and was good at sports to so dont ever say he got mixed up with drugs.
My daughter knew Ryan well, and I am So sorry for your loss. There is only one being that should judge, and it is definately not the people on this site. He was a young man that did not deserve to die. If you people feel the need to judge, go judge yourselves! Our prayers are with your family, there are lots of people in this town that will defend Ryan's memory. If you went to his services, I think it is obvious! My prayers are with you!
Drugs R Bad

Stephenville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

Judged:

ryans cousin wrote:
<quoted text> You and anyone else who says that my cousin got mixed up with drugs is an idiot he would never do that and i know it he was a nice guy and was good at sports to so dont ever say he got mixed up with drugs.
I don't believe he deserved getting killed over drugs but that is the situation they put themselves in when they are involved in drugs. Sorry hun, the truth hurts sometimes. It doesn't matter if the person is nice or mean, drugs are addicting to the best of people.
concerned

Little Elm, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

Judged:

Drugs R Bad wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe he deserved getting killed over drugs but that is the situation they put themselves in when they are involved in drugs. Sorry hun, the truth hurts sometimes. It doesn't matter if the person is nice or mean, drugs are addicting to the best of people.
I'm not saying that drugs aren't bad. They are Very bad. The choices these teenagers make in life are crutial. Most think they are invincible. Nothing bad could ever happen to me. But that is not the point I am making. Why don't you let all the evidence come out before you start judging this poor young man. Don't you think this poor family has been through enough? Not only have they lost a son, but they have to sit and listen to people like you judge their DEAD son! His family is reading comments and listening to the media and people all over town speculate on what happened. You do not know for sure what happened. Even the Chief of Police is qouted in saying he did not believe the suspect's story. Maybe all the evidence should be compiled before you start ridiculing him, hun.
Fed UP

Carrollton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

Judged:

Drugs R Bad wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me begin by saying....who are you calling "hun"?!! You don't know me or probably any of these folks who posted a comment. I certainly hope with the kind of attitude you displayed on this 'blogger' that you're NOT a parent. Just because someone purposely or accidentally get's involved with drugs does not mean they've put themseleves in a position to die! What the hell kind of statement is that?!!! It is very unfortunate that drug abuse cannot be controlled...just like robbery, rape, etc. Certainly nobody....and especially YOU...should judge! You may want to look in you're own back yard.
Wondering

Little Elm, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

Judged:

Fed UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me begin by saying....who are you calling "hun"?!! You don't know me or probably any of these folks who posted a comment. I certainly hope with the kind of attitude you displayed on this 'blogger' that you're NOT a parent. Just because someone purposely or accidentally get's involved with drugs does not mean they've put themseleves in a position to die! What the hell kind of statement is that?!!! It is very unfortunate that drug abuse cannot be controlled...just like robbery, rape, etc. Certainly nobody....and especially YOU...should judge! You may want to look in you're own back yard.
I think you misunderstood their comment that said:
"I don't believe he deserved getting killed over drugs but that is the situation they put themselves in when they are involved in drugs".
I think what they are trying to convey is that when someone gets into drugs the outcome/odds typically aren't very good which is usually true. That's the way I understand that statement anyway. After all,they said they didn't think he deserved to die at the beginning of their comment.
We are not Judges

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

Judged:

My heart truly goes out to the young man whose life was taken. No one ever deserves to die. And as much as it pains me to hear about this uncalled tragedy, it seems that we are all condeming a 16 year child as well. Now I know my comments will probably get talked about badly because a young man's life was taken, but the mother of the young man who took his life is hurting just as badly. And before you go and judge this young man that YOU DON'T KNOW, pay attention to those WHO DO KNOW HIM and I am one of them who does and this is not the young man that I have talked with, who has ALWAYS been respectful and caring towards adults and his peers, who was raised in the church since he was a little boy. Yes, I know the young who took the young man's life, and I know that I don't just speak for myself, but the other 500 or so people who know him as well, are very upset and hurt because we cannot understand why he did this. So if you want to pray and especially if you say you are a Christian, please pray for both families who are hurting deeply right now and stop judging these people. None of you have a Heaven or Hell to put anyone in.
Lakeside

Garland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

Judged:

Fed UP wrote:
<quoted text>
I certainly hope with the kind of attitude you displayed on this 'blogger' that you're NOT a parent.
A blog is a website in which items are posted on a regular basis and displayed in reverse chronological order. The term blog is a shortened form of weblog or web log. A person who who keeps a blog or posts on a blog is called a blogger.

If you play with fire,sometimes you get burned.
anonymous

Mount Vernon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2009

Judged:

concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not saying that drugs aren't bad. They are Very bad. The choices these teenagers make in life are crutial. Most think they are invincible. Nothing bad could ever happen to me. But that is not the point I am making. Why don't you let all the evidence come out before you start judging this poor young man. Don't you think this poor family has been through enough? Not only have they lost a son, but they have to sit and listen to people like you judge their DEAD son! His family is reading comments and listening to the media and people all over town speculate on what happened. You do not know for sure what happened. Even the Chief of Police is qouted in saying he did not believe the suspect's story. Maybe all the evidence should be compiled before you start ridiculing him, hun.
....Sorry but it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that this kid was mixed up with the wrong crowd/drugs...facts are facts it's really pretty simple.
Wondering

Little Elm, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2009

Judged:

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>....Sorry but it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that this kid was mixed up with the wrong crowd/drugs...facts are facts it's really pretty simple.
Unfortunately that's true.
Simmy-Tay

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2009

I'm dismayed that I don't have something scathing or injuriously poinent to say. Advantage Topix.
concerned

Little Elm, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2009

Judged:

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>....Sorry but it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that this kid was mixed up with the wrong crowd/drugs...facts are facts it's really pretty simple.
Do you really have facts or are you listening to others? Because as far as I know, this is STILL an open case. Maybe or maybe not but I think this family or should I say these families have been through enough speculation.
Fcuklittleelm

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2009

Judged:

I was a good friend of ryan. went to school with him at T.E.C for 2 years, partied with him pretty often. Everyone who was Cooks friend knew what he did. and everyone did it, so noone thought this would happen. expecially to ryan. Regardless of what he was into, and what he may or may not have done, this shouldnt of happend to him.

T.E.C LOVES YOU COOK.
Ryans Cuz

North Richland Hills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2009

Judged:

I miss you Ryno
Wondering

Little Elm, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2009

Judged:

Fcuklittleelm wrote:
I was a good friend of ryan. went to school with him at T.E.C for 2 years, partied with him pretty often. Everyone who was Cooks friend knew what he did. and everyone did it, so noone thought this would happen. expecially to ryan. Regardless of what he was into, and what he may or may not have done, this shouldnt of happend to him.
T.E.C LOVES YOU COOK.
But it did happen. That's where drugs will get you.
Ex drug dealer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2010

Judged:

I used to live in little elm and I knew Ryan too all of you should know he was into drugs and involved in gang activity and most of the people that were involved in this gang are now either gone arrested or doing something else I got away from it in time and Ryan was an asshole to me the night before he was killed he came to a going away party I threw and he came and started talking crap to all of my friends so I stepped in and told him to leave if he wants to ruin my good time then he tried to step up to me so I told him he better watch his mouth and he better dare not step up to me I had very high conections at the time and people knew that and then he left all of my meeting with him ended him with him thinking over himself sorry if he's your cousin or friend but drugs lead to death one way or another the only hope you got is to get out I've been there done that I've lost several friends to drugs it's not often seen by parents but drug dealers are bad people I've seen people shoot eachother in person due to drugs it's a scary thing and it will change your life wether you like it or not death is almost always the destination

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Little Elm News Video

•••
•••

Little Elm Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Little Elm People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••