Governor blesses SH 121 Bypass
Join the discussion below, or Read more at McKinney Courier-Gazette.
#1 Sep 6, 2006
Please note the following bits of information:
1. Hwy 121 as it exists, has been paid for, the problem apparently seems to be the upkeep.
2. Are you aware that as they tear up the road surface to make way for newer road, they are recycling the "OLD" road material...we have already paid for this material...
3. After they finally have the road built, they will charge us a "TOLL" for the right to use a State Highway many of us HAVE TO UTILIZE just to get back and forth to work.
4. Since I am vehemently opposed to the Toll road issue, and it seems that I will be forced to seek another route to get to work...I need to know if the state is willing to PAY me a stipend for the additional miles that I will have to put on my vehicle to arrive at my place of employment, the added wear and tear on vehicle, my nerves and just in general for the aggravation?
5. Where is the money going that is taken in as Toll? We will NEVER see any of it in Little Elm; but you can be assured we will feel the effect in traffic conjestion and delays.
6. By the way, when El Dorado is expanded and they erect the bridge at the end of Garza Lane...TOLL.
7. I am sorry folks, I feel that as much as we would gripe about it, a few extra pennies property tax if easier to swallow than having to continually pay for something over and over again.
8. I have an idea. We have all seen the electronic boards that "quickly" count upward numbers for whatever...how about erecting the same electronic board that shows the amount of "OUR" money being deducted from the total bill that was this fiasco, and when it reaches ZERO...Tolls arer suspended as of that moment...no matter if it is three in the morning.
Pardon my ramblings...just my opinion
#2 Sep 7, 2006
i think you have a very good point.
Add your comments below
|Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10)||Apr 1||haha||981|
|ATI Career Training Center in Dallas, Texas A Scam (Nov '06)||Mar '16||Tiffany||393|
|Heavy rains forcing road closures throughout co...||Mar '16||Linnie||1|
|ice cream man||Feb '16||indacolony||1|
|Midas The Colony||Jan '16||Val||1|
|Where did chief rhodes go? (Jul '15)||Dec '15||Bo Moore||3|
|Stephen durkin (Feb '15)||Dec '15||DFWDAD||2|
Find what you want!
Search Little Elm Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC