Review: Paloma Home Health Agency Inc
Posted in the Little Elm Forum
#1 Dec 3, 2009
As with any important purchase, it is always a good idea to talk with friends, neighbors, and your local area agency on aging to learn more about the home health care agencies in your community.
In looking for a home health care agency, the following 20 questions can be used to help guide your search:
1. How long has the agency been serving this community?
2. Does the agency have any printed brochures describing the services it offers and how much they cost? If so, get one.
3. Is the agency an approved Medicare provider?
4. Is the quality of care certified by a national accrediting body such as the Joint Commission for the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations?
5. Does the agency have a current license to practice (if required in the state where you live)?
6. Does the agency offer seniors a “Patients’ Bill of Rights” that describes the rights and responsibilities of both the agency and the senior being cared for?
7. Does the agency write a plan of care for the patient (with input from the patient, his or her doctor and family), and update the plan as necessary?
8. Does the care plan outline the patient’s course of treatment, describing the specific tasks to be performed by each caregiver?
9. How closely do supervisors oversee care to ensure quality?
10. Will agency caregivers keep family members informed about the kind of care their loved one is getting?
11. Are agency staff members available around the clock, seven days a week, if necessary?
12. Does the agency have a nursing supervisor available to provide on-call assistance 24 hours a day?
13. How does the agency ensure patient confidentiality?
14. How are agency caregivers hired and trained?
15. What is the procedure for resolving problems when they occur, and who can I call with questions or complaints?
16. How does the agency handle billing?
17. Is there a sliding fee schedule based on ability to pay, and is financial assistance available to pay for services?
18. Will the agency provide a list of references for its caregivers?
19. Who does the agency call if the home health care worker cannot come when scheduled?
20. What type of employee screening is done?
When purchasing home health care directly from an individual provider (instead of through an agency), it is even more important to screen the person thoroughly. This should include an interview with the home health caregiver to make sure that he or she is qualified for the job. You should request references. Also, prepare for the interview by making a list if any special needs the senior might have. For example, you would want to note whether the elderly patient needs help getting into or out of a wheelchair. Clearly, if this is the case, the home health caregiver must be able to provide that assistance. The screening process will go easier if you have a better idea of what you are looking for first.
#2 Dec 4, 2009
Services offered include:
Skilled Nursing ,24/7 Availability , Physical Therapy ,Wound/Ostomy Care , Occupational Therapy , Infusion Therapy , Speech Therapy, PT/TNR results in home , Home Care Aides ,Pain Management ,Medical Social Workers ,Rehabilitation
Call or email now to see if you are Medicare/Medicaid Qualified
If you or someone you know needs help with
2. High Blood Pressure
3. Wound Care
4. Arthritis/Joint Pain
5. Any Chronic Illness or Disease
We Also Provide:
1. Light House Keeping/Laundry Services
2. Senior Transportation
3. Meal Preparation
4. And Much More At No Charge to YOU
#5 Jan 10, 2010
Our mission is to provide quality skilled care to meet the health and social needs of the patient and family in the comfort of their home. Our vision is to be the premier community based organization in the North Texas Area. click link below for more information
Add your comments below
|Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10)||Sat||fart||794|
|Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10)||Sat||Fart Smoke||633|
|ATI Career Training Center in Dallas, Texas A Scam (Nov '06)||Apr 9||MoniqueS||389|
|What Has Happened to Little Elm? (Mar '13)||Apr 3||Brad||6|
|Two arrested in Alvarado murder (Nov '08)||Mar 28||Brandon Wardrip||8|
|TC Police Chief's wife arrested (Dec '12)||Mar '15||Charlie||9|
|Lost Little Black dog with Brown markings Min Pin||Mar '15||Hoot||2|
Find what you want!
Search Little Elm Forum Now
Copyright © 2015 Topix LLC