Parking the wrong direction

Parking the wrong direction

Posted in the Little Elm Forum

Barny Fife

Rowlett, TX

#1 Nov 10, 2006
Make sure you park you car in the right direction....Little Elm PD is out in force to stop this huge dangerous crime.
Lilelmer

Dallas, TX

#2 Nov 15, 2006
Yeah, they are jerks. I went to school their and I remember once in a football game they accused two teenagers of drug dealing, which wasnt true. Especially, since the teenager was a good student, involved in activities, was popular due to his talent, and actually earned his diploma.

The officers searched the two during a football game, humilating them in public. Even the spectors that night opposed of it. The principle said that they were only doing their job. What a bunch of morons I tell you.

And their was also a rumor going around with this officer of him having a sexual relationsihp with a minor in 1997. But it could have been a rumor that went around school but oh well, I was told by through a good friend.
Bob

San Marcos, TX

#3 Dec 19, 2007
Kind of makes sense to me. If you're parked in the wrong direction that means that at some point you were driving on the wrong side of the road against the normal flow of traffic.
Barny Fife SR

Dallas, TX

#4 Mar 22, 2008
We made the laws - SO DONT BITCH!
Pandemonium

Laredo, TX

#5 Mar 22, 2008
It doesn't take a mental giant to understand that you are supposed to park on the right side of the road. We were taught this in our driving courses. It is not the policemen's fault that some people are too dense to realize what side of the road they are parked on. Everyone likes to gripe and moan about the police doing their jobs as if they are specifically picking on them for giving them a ticket. Use your head and go by our state's driving laws and you won't get idiotic tickets. duh...
Johnny

Columbus, OH

#6 May 12, 2008
It was legal in PA 10 years ago. I don't see why it should be illegal on residential streets where you have to park your car. Its safer to park on the side that your house is on without having to go all the way around the block.
mrwwsurfs

Frisco, TX

#7 Apr 16, 2009
Barny Fife wrote:
Make sure you park you car in the right direction....Little Elm PD is out in force to stop this huge dangerous crime.
It is dangerous and shows total lack of fortitude.
Lazy...
Ken McCraken

San Diego, CA

#8 May 3, 2009
The guy across the street has been parking like that for years I guess no SDPD car has bothered him.
jcnDallas

Dallas, TX

#9 Dec 12, 2009
This is the most ridiculous rule. If I am not blocking a fire hydrant or any signage, I do not see the harm it can cause. I recently received a ticket for parking the wrong way on a street that was wide enough for 4 cars to fit on causing no harm. As for the comment of it showing that the driver was obviously driving in the wrong direction, that is not true. I pulled into a friends driveway, her husband needed to leave so I reversed and turned my car right next to the curb, so if every time you back out of a driveway into the street in reverse is considered driving the wrong way we're all screwed...
Tonto

Aubrey, TX

#10 Dec 13, 2009
What is so hard about parking the correct way? Stop your bitching and pay your ticket.
Voice of Reason

Cape May, NJ

#11 Jun 21, 2012
The people who believe parking the "wrong direction" on a road is wrong are complete idiots. Most side roads that this occurs on have minimal traffic flow since it's usually done in a residential neighborhood. You are all sheep for following ridiculous laws. How about we make a walking traffic law where if you walk on the wrong side of the sidewalk or just stop in the middle of it then you are ticketed? If you are a complete retard that cannot comprehend a safe method of parking your car this way and getting out this way then you probably are the ones who get into several accidents and have no business on the road in the first place.
I have had several run-ins with local cops, or I as like to call them, rent-a-cops since they are part time teenagers who don't know what the hell they are doing or why certain laws exist. Just call the police chief if any of if happens to you. Unless you're a prior criminal or just the dirt bag of society, they will most likely side with you.
For all of you who obey laws that make no sense, you are pansies and have no conviction to stand up to nonsense rules. THe only way to stop ridiculous laws like this is to continually be a nuisance to the township about them until they are changed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Elm Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ATI Career Training Center in Dallas, Texas A Scam (Nov '06) Apr 5 Rachel 405
looking for charlene mink Mar '18 thats me 1
TC Police Chief's wife arrested (Dec '12) Mar '18 Just truth 10
News Motorcycles are hot among thieves, police say (Jul '06) Jan '18 FART FUTURE 2
News How big a deal will Texas make to lure investme... (Oct '17) Oct '17 jack d ripper 1
bring it back (Jun '17) Jun '17 bigc19 1
law (Mar '17) Mar '17 j mackk 3

Little Elm Jobs

Personal Finance

Little Elm Mortgages