Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2006

Judged:

Do any of you know anything about why parts of our town have a nasty sewage odor in the evenings and mornings? I contacted the city several months ago and was told a budget request was being proposed to the City Council that would update pumps and provide chemicals to minimize the odors. They are back again this Fall.
Brett Swailes

Birdsboro, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2006

Most sewage odors are caused by hydrogen sulfide, with some notable others.
I wrote a white paper about this problem, and the solution for municipalities, and you can get a free copy by emailing me at: bsswailes@gmail.com
Joel

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2007

I just bought a home in Little Elm in Wynfield Farms. I went to check out the house this weekend and the sewage smell was horrible. I might have reconsidered buying there if the smell was around when I originally saw the home. Anyone have any info about this? Is something being done? Is there someone to call?

Thanks.
William

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

I too have an issue with this frequent odor. I have had visitors over t my home when the odor cam e across my back yard. I was extremely embarassed. We need to find a way to prod the Little Elm city government to make a change.
Tim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2007

Welcome to Little Elm. I've lived here for 11 years and the smell has been there for all 11 years. Several of my neighbors have the same problem but it's not all neighbors. You're correct in that it is intermittent and probably has something to do with the city pumps because I've had several plumbers try to find the problem within my house. All to no avail. The smell is localized within a central part of the home and we've just learned to live with it.
Awful sewage smell

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2010

We have a home in Little Elm, Texas and I have noticed a very bad smell inside our home for years many times. The smell comes and goes and it is more obvious now that I stay at home. The sewage smell is in the kitchen and bathrooms. I had been cleaning the bathroom thinking it was the kids. I smelled it in the kitchen sink thinking it was the garbage disposal. I bought disposal cleaning, poured bleech, baking soda, vingar, only to find the smell to return within days. So, today I took a swiped with a towel in the garbage disposal inside and the towel smells like sewage. I am now going to get it tested.
Awful sewage smell

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2010

November 22, 2010
Little Elm, Texas
I posted information on the sewage smell in my home yesterday (November 21, 2010). Today I went to the Town of Little Elm to discuss this serious matter today.
I spoke with the Receptionist at the water department who told me she has the smell inside her home too. She then tells me I needed to come back after lunch to speak with Doug. I came back after 1pm and they told me Doug was on vacation. So, I spoke with the town engineer.
I discussed how my home has had a sewage smell inside my bathrooms and kitchen area. This has been a problem since we have lived in the home. I always thought maybe the kids had used the bathroom or maybe not have flushed (the bathroom is near the kitchen). I also discussed how I swiped the disposal with a towel and the towel smelled like raw sewage. I discussed who built my home and they told me they would check their end but, it may be due to the builder and maybe the sewage tied in badly or traps and vents not done properly. He goes on to say,“We have been treating the water system with a chemical due to the smell.” I stated how my daughter said it was the water and it smelled like rotten eggs (she had told me many times before and wanted me to stop washing her hair but, I didn’t listen). I thought it was drainage and not water. Never in my dreams did I think it was the water because I knew they had laws to prevent that from happening. He tells me it can’t be the water but, I swiped the garbage disposal with a dry towel and it smelled like sewage. I did it again with another towel and had someone else smell it to make sure I was correct and they too said,“sewage.” I also discussed how I had washed clothes and they smelled like urine previously (this happen again).
He tells me how they had a problem on the other side and thought they fixed the problem (what problem I don’t know). I told him there is no way that I can raise a family in a 200,000+ home with a sewage smell and sewage in the garbage disposal due to backups. We worked too hard to have to live that way. A sewage smell in a home or around a home is not normal.
He told me he would have operations take a look at it and see if they were over charged or over capacity and it should have backed into the traps to prevent this from happening. He then said there was a known issue with a line coming from up North and it had a lot of gas in it and they used a chemical to resolve the issue in that neighborhood.
Awful Sewage Smell

The Colony, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2010

The rotten egg sewage smell has once again returned (December 16th, 2010) in my home. We noticed the smell around 6:38pm. My daughter turned on the water and the rotten egg smell came out of the faucet in the kitchen. I previously posted on November 21st The smell went away about 4 days after Thanksgiving holiday only to return again. Once the smell went away the sore throat went away too. What type of gas is this? Its been there since we have moved in the home (we had the home built).
I will let you know when the smell leaves.
Awful sewage smell

Hurst, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2011

The smell left again January 1st thru 3rd, then it returned again and stayed (the smell comes and goes). Then smell then left January 7th and 8th. It then returned again on the 9th. You generally in the mornings (that is when the smell is strong then it goes away).
Awful sewage smell

Hurst, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2011

Judged:

I have seen the city trucks cleaning in the lines the past 2 weeks. I asked what the problem is and they said, "We are trying to work on the smell and we did not know it was in this area too."
Awful Sewage smell

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2011

I spoke with other residents in my community and they too have the gas smells inside their home. January 2010.

AwfulSewage Smell Jan2011

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

Correction.... I spoke with other residents in my community and they too have the gas smells inside their home. January 2011.
Pumpitdoe

Little Elm, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

That is just the smell of city hall.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Air Quality Alert for Denton County was issued at July 23 at 1:36PM CDT

•••
•••

Little Elm News Video

•••
•••

Little Elm Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••