Abduction ends in murder-suicide

In the end, Jennifer Barron, a mother of four seeking refuge from an abusive husband, could not escape. Read more
TexRes

Dallas, TX

#2 Nov 12, 2006
I use to work with Jennifer in Frisco about 4 years before this happened. She was a nice and great out going person but was living in fear which I could tell because she mentioned it to me as well.

She told me some of the things her husband has done previously to other people who came near her or what he would have done, as we ate our lunch in the break room. I asked her why she wouldnt leave him but she told me exactly what would happen and she was right. Wish I could have stopped it from happening but Im sure I wasnt the only who knew. Everyone in her family and friends knew how this guy was, and how terrified she was of him. If she would have called the police and stated this fact and place a restraining order she wouldve ended up the same, this guy was a jealous psychopathic cowardless jerk. She told me how she was always being threatened and all. This guy has once shot another man in the eye years before which she mentioned, she even mentioned he did that because she was somewhat involved with him. But the odd thing was that she laughed after stating that.

Then she went on and said,"you know if my husband were to walk through the door, he would kill the both of us even though nothing is going on."

Anyways about a few months later I have gotten a more properous offer from another job and never saw her since.

The sad thing is that I believe this guys little brother is going the same route. I seen this kid with a friend of mine and I truely dislike him, and she may not even leave him because you know how girls are. They rather be with the guy even though they get treated horribly by them. Some women dont even care how badly they are treated until something like this comes along and/or its too late.

But anways, RIP Jen.

“Normal people scare me.”

Since: Jun 07

Dallas, TX

#3 Jun 27, 2007
So sad.. My husband worked this murder suicide. He watched this man shoot his wife and then himself.
MissDaisy

Austin, TX

#4 Jun 29, 2007
TexRes wrote:
I use to work with Jennifer in Frisco about 4 years before this happened. She was a nice and great out going person but was living in fear which I could tell because she mentioned it to me as well.
She told me some of the things her husband has done previously to other people who came near her or what he would have done, as we ate our lunch in the break room. I asked her why she wouldnt leave him but she told me exactly what would happen and she was right. Wish I could have stopped it from happening but Im sure I wasnt the only who knew. Everyone in her family and friends knew how this guy was, and how terrified she was of him. If she would have called the police and stated this fact and place a restraining order she wouldve ended up the same, this guy was a jealous psychopathic cowardless jerk. She told me how she was always being threatened and all. This guy has once shot another man in the eye years before which she mentioned, she even mentioned he did that because she was somewhat involved with him. But the odd thing was that she laughed after stating that.
Then she went on and said,"you know if my husband were to walk through the door, he would kill the both of us even though nothing is going on."
Anyways about a few months later I have gotten a more properous offer from another job and never saw her since.
The sad thing is that I believe this guys little brother is going the same route. I seen this kid with a friend of mine and I truely dislike him, and she may not even leave him because you know how girls are. They rather be with the guy even though they get treated horribly by them. Some women dont even care how badly they are treated until something like this comes along and/or its too late.
But anways, RIP Jen.
Its true they get treated badly, but many of them are just afraid the next one who comes along will turn out bad. When they try to get away is when they find out how bad it really gets. A lot of men are truly abusive and mean, without actually killing someone, so you generalize when you say they don't care.It's just that they don't recognize they got a Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde til its too late. I find it has something to do with the father/son relationship that went bad a long time ago, or just that they develop a rage from drugs or drinking. I don't think a woman has a radar to detect it from the beginning. Or maybe women tend to trust a man too much at the beginning.

“Cause Im as free as a bird now”

Since: Jun 07

Orlando, FL

#5 Jun 29, 2007
Stuff like this makes me sad.

I can't believe men can be that insecure to do something like that (and that's exactly what it is ... insecurity and control).

I knew this woman who had gotten out of an abusive relationship. Her long time boyfriend found her, doused her in lighter fluid, and set her on fire. He excuse, "If I can't have her no one can. No one walks away from me unless I say so."

She's alive today (by an act of god) and is helping other women.

I wish men like these could be inflicted with the same physical pain and emotional distress they cause other people.
Zoothe

Dallas, TX

#6 Sep 19, 2007
Lizzie Style wrote:
Stuff like this makes me sad.
I can't believe men can be that insecure to do something like that (and that's exactly what it is ... insecurity and control).
I knew this woman who had gotten out of an abusive relationship. Her long time boyfriend found her, doused her in lighter fluid, and set her on fire. He excuse, "If I can't have her no one can. No one walks away from me unless I say so."
She's alive today (by an act of god) and is helping other women.
I wish men like these could be inflicted with the same physical pain and emotional distress they cause other people.
Liz, women can be just the same. Now don't be blaming that men are insecure when women have their faults too. But it's typical of a woman to get involve in a relationship with a guy like this because they want what you call a "Man" or "Toughguy" because either they find them a bit more challenging or hope that they can change the guy to be nice. But then later on down the road they began to notice that they have gotten something more then what they can bargain for.

“we all belong somwhere”

Since: Aug 07

Wakigan, Illinoise

#7 Sep 25, 2007
wow. thre is so much that goes on in this world. behind some beauty is pain and suffering. i wish fighting would stop. i just found out my dad has to go to iraq to fight in the war. my dad is going to be in a warzone! when i found out, i cried for 2 hours. when will it all stop??? i wish i culd do somthing to make a differenc. but what differenc can i make? im only 14

“=3 kurupo”

Since: Sep 07

Frisco

#8 Sep 30, 2007
This is a tough and unforgiving world we live in. Truly sad.
My Girlfriends cousin went through this exact senario. rip.
MR DALE LUTTRELL

Launceston, Australia

#9 Dec 11, 2007
I WISH MEN LIKE THIS COULD BE AFFLICTED WITH THE SAME PAIN TO REALISE THE AGONY

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Elm Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two arrested in Alvarado murder (Nov '08) Sat Brandon Wardrip 8
ATI Career Training Center in Dallas, Texas A Scam (Nov '06) Mar 27 Tiffany 388
What Has Happened to Little Elm? (Mar '13) Mar 26 Kraig W 5
TC Police Chief's wife arrested (Dec '12) Mar 20 Charlie 9
Lost Little Black dog with Brown markings Min Pin Mar 10 Hoot 2
The odd neighbors out Feb '15 DogLoverrr 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - The Colony, TX (Jul '11) Feb '15 zak 20
Little Elm Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web