'I have never smoked, yet I have paid...

'I have never smoked, yet I have paid the price'

There are 25 comments on the Concord Monitor story from Mar 30, 2006, titled 'I have never smoked, yet I have paid the price'. In it, Concord Monitor reports that:

Karen Lindquist tends to limit her political involvement to voting, but recently two things have changed: The Legislature began to debate a smoking ban in restaurants and, in December, she was diagnosed with ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Concord Monitor.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jim70

Windham, NH

#24 Apr 30, 2010
you are absolutely correct
jim70

Windham, NH

#23 Apr 30, 2010
Andy wrote:
Ok. This is going to be a long and heated thread. But, lets set one thing clear before all the arguments start. The idea about all these laws is NOT to keep people from smoking. Its to keep people who dont smoke from having to breath in the leftover toxins in cigarette smoke. So lets not waste any time with "your telling us we cant smoke" and "I have a right to smoke if I want". Its NOT about that. Its about the fact that even though you may have a right to smoke, you DONT have the right to make someone else smoke. And please, no stupid arguments about things like "Well, my car gives off fumes, so its ok for me to do the same in a restaurant". Its not the same, not at all.
you are absolutely correct.
Latasha

Olive Branch, MS

#25 Apr 30, 2010
did someone force her to work and socialize in smoke filled bars? No, she CHOOSE to. It's her own fault, not the smokers. Its just easier to blame them. When are people going to start taking responsibility for their own actions?
Frank

Windham, NH

#26 May 3, 2010
Latasha wrote:
did someone force her to work and socialize in smoke filled bars? No, she CHOOSE to. It's her own fault, not the smokers. Its just easier to blame them. When are people going to start taking responsibility for their own actions?
Thats hysterical. A post defending drug abuse, addiction, and being completely selfish and inconsiderate towards others that ends with "When are people going to start taking responsibility for their own actions?"
Listen stupid, this has been covered about a million times on the web and in congress.
You CANT poison your employees and then say that if they dont like it they can just leave.

It always amazes me how often you have to go all the back to the beginning when you are arguing with drug addicts.
Addiction Doc

United States

#27 May 3, 2010
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats hysterical. A post defending drug abuse, addiction, and being completely selfish and inconsiderate towards others that ends with "When are people going to start taking responsibility for their own actions?"
Listen stupid, this has been covered about a million times on the web and in congress.
You CANT poison your employees and then say that if they dont like it they can just leave.
It always amazes me how often you have to go all the back to the beginning when you are arguing with drug addicts.
Smokers are drug addicts, there is no logic for them. Giving a smoker an argument based on logic is like pouring a glass of water into their hands and asking them to hold onto it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Litchfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
gold digger sandra waters 12 hr hairyballbag 3
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) May 20 Voyeur 121,917
News The Week In N.H. News: Bobcats, Bagels and Bono Apr '16 Julie Jane 1
News Police officer ideal for sheriff's post (Sep '06) Oct '15 squiggy 7
News Two arrested for Litchfield burglaries (Oct '13) Sep '15 6 god 16
News Same-sex couples feel relief as N.H. allows mar... (Jun '09) Aug '15 ANNONYMOUS 78
News Kinder Morgan shrinks proposed pipeline size (Aug '15) Aug '15 John Gorham- Rich... 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Litchfield Mortgages